Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Once again, she's no James Meredith.
    Why does she need to be? I didn't turn activist over my bank beef.

If Trump hadn't been invoked this would be a total non issue. In any other circumstance this would be normal business. People drop bad service all the time. People change schools over hostile learning environments. But since the Trump banner was raised we have people scrambling to attack her for a normal business decision made by everyone who ever got bad service.

I see no fault in her actions. Staying might be "brave" but the purpose of college isn't to engage in heroics, it's to gain knowledge and a marketable skill. And dumping a college where campus politics will interfere with that investment is just good sense. Why pay five to six figures to be harassed?

Unless you're in a swanky argument clinic.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      You've been doing nothing but crying. Crying over the election. Crying cause this college kid didn't do what you want. Grow up, be a man, and accept life and the fact it doesn't always go your way.
      No, you're full of ****. Elections have never gone my way, I've accepted a long time ago that both sides want big government and protection. It is what it is, there's no reason for me to care anymore.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

To cry over the results would imply that there was an alternative, more positive result that I wish had happened. However, that wasn't the case. As far as I'm concerned this country is impossible to save at this point.

I do get a kick out of these internet tough guys though, calling other people snowflakes in one thread while begging for more big brother in another.

If this was a liberal leaving school over facebook comments we all know this thread would have an entirely different tone. Hypocrisy and bias though.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The whole incident happened over the course of 4 days, she posted something on a public forum and people responded (wrongly) by being mean to her and that triggered a depressive episode (because if you read the article fully you would know she has a history of depression).

No campaign of hate, no hostile learning environment just an unfortunate incident.
          Last edited by Paddybhoy; 29 Dec 16, 07:05.

Comment

You've been doing nothing but crying. Crying over the election. Crying cause this college kid didn't do what you want. Grow up, be a man, and accept life and the fact it doesn't always go your way.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In my experience the only thing that earns respect from the far left is meek submission to the groupthink. And the purpose of college is to learn, not to get into fights.

She did the right thing. If the college can't control their snowflakes she should take her business and money to those that can. No fuss, no fights, just the free market correcting a deficiency.
              LOL Ya Concervatives are so well known for their lack of group think. Just look at almost every ETHNIC CLEANSING, War of Extermination, Human Genocide in history. Hate to tell you it isn't typically the Left that start going around cutting off heads of anyone that disagrees with them. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                As far as I'm concerned this country is impossible to save at this point.
                Impossible to save?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Why does she need to be? I didn't turn activist over my bank beef.

If Trump hadn't been invoked this would be a total non issue. In any other circumstance this would be normal business. People drop bad service all the time. People change schools over hostile learning environments. But since the Trump banner was raised we have people scrambling to attack her for a normal business decision made by everyone who ever got bad service.

I see no fault in her actions. Staying might be "brave" but the purpose of college isn't to engage in heroics, it's to gain knowledge and a marketable skill. And dumping a college where campus politics will interfere with that investment is just good sense. Why pay five to six figures to be harassed?

Unless you're in a swanky argument clinic.
                  Well, there is market choice, and then there is the kind of harassment that can't be justified leading to what can only be termed prejudice, a Hostile working environment and officially sanctioned bigotry.
                  This girl was given Zero support by the staff of that college, and ended up calling the suicide hotline because she could find no support elsewhere.

Imagine how hard-nosed and tough-guy the Left would be if she had killed herself over this.
                  The ultimate double-standard from the masters of one rule for us, and another set of rules for thou.

And when College Professors like the one of the previous page openly advocate for an uprising that leads to the mass-slaughter of people solely because they have white skin (talk about Original Sin) they just shrug it off or pretend they never heard of any such thing... apparently if CNN didn't say so it can't have happened.

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  Impossible to save?
                  For Themselves.
                  A world that does not conform to Left-wing ideology does not deserve to exist, don't you know?

Comment

No, you're full of ****. Elections have never gone my way, I've accepted a long time ago that both sides want big government and protection. It is what it is, there's no reason for me to care anymore.
                    And yet here you are, still crying about it.
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
                      LOL Ya Concervatives are so well known for their lack of group think. Just look at almost every ETHNIC CLEANSING, War of Extermination, Human Genocide in history. Hate to tell you it isn't typically the Left that start going around cutting off heads of anyone that disagrees with them. LOL.
                      Somebody fell asleep in history class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - Leftist Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archipelago - Leftist Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Rouge - Leftist Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolu...y_United_Front - Leftist Movement

And so forth...

Back to school Fluffy. No safe space to protect you from knowledge.

Comment

To cry over the results would imply that there was an alternative, more positive result that I wish had happened. However, that wasn't the case. As far as I'm concerned this country is impossible to save at this point.
                        To say that this country is beyond saving is the epitome of poor little me whining.

Before this election I stated that if Hillary won, this country would survive. When Obama won, I said the country would survive. This country has survived a Civil War, two world wars, a great depression, and a nuclear tipped cold war among other problems, and here you are crying about how all is lost because one guy you don't like is in the white house.

That is the essence of snowflake thinking. "Things didn't go my way so all is lost."

The good news is, America is tougher than a snowflake. We'll be fine.

Comment

And yet here you are, still crying about it.
                          Keep showing off your hill billy education buddy. Calling out some random girl for getting emotional over social media comments is not crying over the election.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

To say that this country is beyond saving is the epitome of poor little me whining.

Before this election I stated that if Hillary won, this country would survive. When Obama won, I said the country would survive. This country has survived a Civil War, two world wars, a great depression, and a nuclear tipped cold war among other problems, and here you are crying about how all is lost because one guy you don't like is in the white house.

That is the essence of snowflake thinking. "Things didn't go my way so all is lost."

The good news is, America is tougher than a snowflake. We'll be fine.
                            It has nothing to do with Trump, or surviving. This country still being functional and intact in another 4 years doesn't mean anything to me if our politicians are still corrupt, big government still exist and lobbying trumps the voice of the people. Among a list of other issues that will never change regardless of who is elected President. We have different standards and expectations, let's just leave it at that and not waste each others time.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It has nothing to do with Trump, or surviving. This country still being functional and intact in another 4 years doesn't mean anything to me if our politicians are still corrupt, big government still exist and lobbying trumps the voice of the people. Among a list of other issues that will never change regardless of who is elected President. We have different standards and expectations, let's just leave it at that and not waste each others time.
                              I have to agree with this post, there's no draining of the swamp in the foreseeable future. What we need is a general strike like the Poles did. If we refused to serve the elite they would crumble...

You have to admit it would lead to less bloodshed than the other options, ie a civil war or mass lynching. And who wants that???
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Keep showing off your hill billy education buddy. Calling out some random girl for getting emotional over social media comments is not crying over the election.
                                BINGO
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X