Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should have never adopted the 22nd Amendment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should have never adopted the 22nd Amendment.

Obama could have been President for life.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/politi...ama/index.html

Just think of what he and Michelle could have accomplished under a third, fourth, fifth, etc... term
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

He could have ruled for a thousand years

Comment

Dudes! Did you start the New Year Festivities a weekend early?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Thank the good Lord for the 22nd, eight is enough for anybody and I mean anybody!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Before it all fell apart on him I believe it was something that Nixon wondered about!
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I think most presidents sometimes wonder if they could have kept going. To want to be president, you have to have a large ego and believe that you are the best. Then to know that you only have eight years must bother you. I didn't vote for Obama either time, but I think he would have trounced both of the candidates this time around. Better the devil you know...

Comment

Obama is hilarious. Eight years and nothing to show for it.

Actually, he should be on Killary's list of why she lost.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                I think most presidents sometimes wonder if they could have kept going. To want to be president, you have to have a large ego and believe that you are the best. Then to know that you only have eight years must bother you. I didn't vote for Obama either time, but I think he would have trounced both of the candidates this time around. Better the devil you know...
                I agree, so again thank those responsible for term limits.

The democrats could have easily won this election even with Hillary as a candidate if they had run an honest campaign. A manipulative media and party apparatus turned people off of voting for an already weak candidate.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  I agree, so again thank those responsible for term limits.

The democrats could have easily won this election even with Hillary as a candidate if they had run an honest campaign. A manipulative media and party apparatus turned people off of voting for an already weak candidate.
                  First, I think the Hillabeast is incapable of running an honest campaign.

Second, she really didn't have a message. Her campaign slogan might as well have been 'Its My Turn'. She didn't talk about the economy in any meaningful way, she really didn't address solutions for any of the problems that were troubling people. She was just 'more of the same'.

Trump, on the other hand, had a loud opinion about everything.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    Obama could have been President for life.
                    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/politi...ama/index.html

Just think of what he and Michelle could have accomplished under a third, fourth, fifth, etc... term
                    Third world nation.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Second, she really didn't have a message. Her campaign slogan might as well have been 'Its My Turn'. ..
                      In fact, she had two-

"Trump is a (insert negative rant here) and I'm not."

and

"I have a vagina!!!"

Somehow, that just wasn't enough.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        In fact, she had two-

"Trump is a (insert negative rant here) and I'm not."

and

"I have a vagina!!!"

Somehow, that just wasn't enough.
                        Yeah, pretty much.

Plus she missed entire weeks of the campaign.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          First, I think the Hillabeast is incapable of running an honest campaign.

Second, she really didn't have a message. Her campaign slogan might as well have been 'Its My Turn'. She didn't talk about the economy in any meaningful way, she really didn't address solutions for any of the problems that were troubling people. She was just 'more of the same'.

Trump, on the other hand, had a loud opinion about everything.
                          Hillary was a bad choice but the election was close, frighteningly close. How she got as many votes as she did is hard for me to understand but I don't think many people vet their candidates. It is possible of course that people simply don't care if she is a criminal or not. I do care and for example will not eat at the restaurants that the local mafia hand out at. Most people in my neighborhood seem to have some sort of begrudging respect for successful criminals that I simply cannot comprehend.

I supported Trump from the beginning although I find him distasteful. I have found in life that I have seldom supported the people I like for much of anything in the way of managerial positions. The people I like are usually soft spoken and thoughtful. Qualities that do not make for great leadership in my opinion. On the flip side you can demand competence from people like Trump because they want to be held in high regard because of their egos. I don't think Hillary is any less egotistical but you can not demand anything from someone so contemptuous of other peoples opinions. Trump sees himself as having earned respect through hard work while Clinton seems to think that she is due respect for her superior intellect and knowledge something she has never actually demonstrated outside of manipulating a jury. Looking at her political career I see one failure after another and scandals that would have been easy to prevent if she didn't hold herself in such high regard.

In the end it comes down to someone who thinks you have to have ideas that produce results and someone who thinks ideas can be manipulated to give the appearance of results and that power is an end in itself.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Obama says "I would have won again"

OK Obama,
                            "If I would have had a chance to fight Muhammad Ali I would have won easily"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              Hillary was a bad choice but the election was close, frighteningly close. How she got as many votes as she did is hard for me to understand but I don't think many people vet their candidates. It is possible of course that people simply don't care if she is a criminal or not. I do care and for example will not eat at the restaurants that the local mafia hand out at. Most people in my neighborhood seem to have some sort of begrudging respect for successful criminals that I simply cannot comprehend.

I supported Trump from the beginning although I find him distasteful. I have found in life that I have seldom supported the people I like for much of anything in the way of managerial positions. The people I like are usually soft spoken and thoughtful. Qualities that do not make for great leadership in my opinion. On the flip side you can demand competence from people like Trump because they want to be held in high regard because of their egos. I don't think Hillary is any less egotistical but you can not demand anything from someone so contemptuous of other peoples opinions. Trump sees himself as having earned respect through hard work while Clinton seems to think that she is due respect for her superior intellect and knowledge something she has never actually demonstrated outside of manipulating a jury. Looking at her political career I see one failure after another and scandals that would have been easy to prevent if she didn't hold herself in such high regard.

In the end it comes down to someone who thinks you have to have ideas that produce results and someone who thinks ideas can be manipulated to give the appearance of results and that power is an end in itself.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X