Trump and the Russians...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massena and Arnold J Rimmer,

Do not infest any more of this or any other thread with your personal bickering. It is disruptive behavior as per ACG Rules.

Either you stop this nonsense now or take a time out. The choice is yours.

ACG Staff
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• So-called facts that aren't facts

FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

EXCERPT:

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Thursday released a joint report detailing how federal investigators linked the Russian government to hacks of Democratic Party organizations.

The document makes clear reference to the hacks of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, though it does not mention either by name.

The 13-page report provides technical details regarding tools and infrastructure used by Russian civilian and military intelligence services to “compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities.” (See the entire report below.)

But security experts say that the document provides little in the way of forensic "proof" to confirm the government's attribution. Private security firms — like CrowdStrike, who investigated the DNC breach — went much further, they say.

"The DHS statement is a restatement of already known public information, a series of technical indicators that are intended for use by cybersecurity professionals in finding and remediating APT28 malware on private sector networks, and some generic advice for companies as to how to improve their network security," said Matt Tait, founder of the U.K.-based security consultancy Capital Alpha Security.
      APT28 refers to one of the hacking groups affiliated with Russian intelligence believed to have infiltrated the DNC.

The U.S. report, known as a “Joint Analysis Report” or JAR, refers to the Russian hacking campaign as “Grizzly Steppe.”

It comes as part of a slate of retaliatory measures against Russia issued Thursday by the Obama administration in response to the hacks, and expands on a joint statement issued by the two agencies in October, formally attributing the attacks to Russia.
      http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...russia-hacking
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        If they sling nukes, we'll sling nukes. Nukes Everywhere...Fire ZE MISSILES!

[...]

Spend money on your conventional defense and stop crying about America 'failing to do it's job'. If Russia threatens to nuke Berlin we'll back you up. Otherwise, help goes to those that help themselves.
        That was the big question of the whole Cold War. If the Kremlin drops nukes on European cities, will the USA retaliate and thus doom their own cities? So far, no punk it Moscow felt lucky. Your next administration though may decide that we are not worth it.

As for conventional forces, I am not so nervous there. The Russians currently have 300,000 men, Germany can bring 60,000 and Poland 77,000 (God bless the Polish people and their indomitable will for freedom). So we have 300,000 vs. 137,000 already, so it won't take too many nations honoring the alliance (or worrying where Putin will stop) to bring the numbers up to a ratio that would make such an endeavor too risky.
        Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
        Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
        USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          E do you know that ALL of the German military is dedicated to NATO? Did you know that at the height of the Cold War Germany had by far the largest ground force committed to NATO. Add to that
          Germany would have been ground zero for any Hot cold war.
          I Know all this, I have spent enough time on maneuvers in the Fulda Gap but, I know that we no longer have 6 Divisions in Germany like we had when I was there, we can no longer afford it, all I was trying to say is, sometime one has to hold it's own, committing all the military to NATO I don't see as a good thing, it's far too generous but, committing most of the military to my own defense would be the prudent thing to do.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
            I don't admire Russia, but do feel sorry for the average Russian. He has to deal with the nonsense on a daily basis.

Russia is a dangerous and aggressive nation, and many in the US were taken in with the 'Uncle Joe Stalin' picture manipulated and created by Stalin during War II.

I wonder where the Poles who fought in War II were during your 'victory' parades in Moscow.

Many were murdered by the NKVD at Katyn.

Others were allowed by Stalin and the Russians to be slaughtered by the Germans in Warsaw in 1944 with the Russians across the Vistula refusing to help.

The Russians have a lot of blood on their hands over the centuries along with duplicity and the failure to keep their word. That is neither honorable nor admirable.

That is based on historical analysis and inquiry. I've studied the Russians, including their language, for at least 45 years. As a nation they cannot be trusted and have never been reliable allies to anyone.
            It's a bad neighborhood
            The poles themselves aren't so blameless the anti german pogroms before ww2 and post ww2 the expulsion of ethnic Germans
            Bottomline is the cycle of violence which has gripped Europe was only temporarily halted post 1945 and if the Germans poles and Russians don't come to gather in some kind of understanding we are headed towards a real "white genocide "this time with nukes

Comment

• Originally posted by Acheron View Post
              That was the big question of the whole Cold War. If the Kremlin drops nukes on European cities, will the USA retaliate and thus doom their own cities? So far, no punk it Moscow felt lucky. Your next administration though may decide that we are not worth it.

As for conventional forces, I am not so nervous there. The Russians currently have 300,000 men, Germany can bring 60,000 and Poland 77,000 (God bless the Polish people and their indomitable will for freedom). So we have 300,000 vs. 137,000 already, so it won't take too many nations honoring the alliance (or worrying where Putin will stop) to bring the numbers up to a ratio that would make such an endeavor too risky.
              I still don't understand why Russia would want to nuke berlin ?
              What really do the Russians want from western Europe?

Comment

• The poles themselves aren't so blameless
                How many times in history was Poland divided up between Russia, Austria and Germany? Where are they to blame? Perhaps they shouldn't have fought the communist in 1919-1921. Are they to blame for that?
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nastle View Post
                  I still don't understand why Russia would want to nuke berlin ?
                  Eh - because they can't win a conventional war if it comes to that, and they'll be out produced sooner rather than later ?
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 09 Jan 17, 04:27.
                  Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X