Rick Perry named Sec of Energy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Perry named Sec of Energy.

My main question is what agency will he show up at on his first day of work?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-per...in-gop-debate/

"And I will tell you, it is three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education, and the... what's the third one there? Let's see."
    "The third agency of government I would, I would do away with, the Education, the... Commerce and, let's see,"
    "I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops."
    Finally:

"By the way that was the Department of Energy I was reaching for a while ago,"

Should be a safe confirmation.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Fracking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      Fracking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Will you help him tell the drive the right place to take him to that first morning?
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Will you help him tell the drive the right place to take him to that first morning?
        Hell, I don't know where the Department of Energy is... They don't have anything to do with real energy production...
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

It's a start. If he can even just whittle down the DOE significantly it would be a great improvement. After all, 80 to 90% of what the DOE does is unnecessary. The one thing the DOE does that's important and could be returned to nothing more than a "commission" or agency is oversee things nuclear.
          It doesn't have a role in "fossil" fuel or in "Green" energy whatsoever. The US isn't better off in any way, shape, or form for having the DOE intrude in these areas.

Comment

Rick Perry named Sec of Energy.
            He was a heck of a good Governor here for a long time!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Rick Perry is just the man for the job...
              U.S. Energy Dept balks at Trump request for names on climate change

David Shepardson

WASHINGTON, Dec 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers.

The response from the Energy Department could signal a rocky transition for the president-elect's energy team and potential friction between the new leadership and the staffers who remain in place.

[...]

Energy Department spokesman Eben Burnham-Snyder said Tuesday the department will not comply.

[...]

"We will not be providing any individual names to the transition team."

He added that the request "left many in our workforce unsettled."

Reuters reported late Monday that former Texas Governor Rick Perry is expected to be named by Trump to run the Energy Department. The agency employs more than 90,000 people working on nuclear weapons maintenance and research labs, nuclear energy, advanced renewable energy, batteries and climate science.

[...]

The memo sought a list of all department employees or contractors who have attended any meetings on the social cost of carbon, a measurement that federal agencies use to weigh the costs and benefits of new energy and environment regulations. It also asked for all publications written by employees at the department's 17 national laboratories for the past three years.

Trump transition officials declined to comment on the memo.

"This feels like the first draft of an eventual political enemies list," a Department of Energy employee, who asked not to be identified because he feared a reprisal by the Trump transition team, had told Reuters.

[...]

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/reute...te-change.html

"Y'all best comply..."

"Or else..."

Comment

Good, more rats to clean out of the swamp.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  Rick Perry is just the man for the job...
                  U.S. Energy Dept balks at Trump request for names on climate change

David Shepardson

WASHINGTON, Dec 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers.

The response from the Energy Department could signal a rocky transition for the president-elect's energy team and potential friction between the new leadership and the staffers who remain in place.

[...]

Energy Department spokesman Eben Burnham-Snyder said Tuesday the department will not comply.

[...]

"We will not be providing any individual names to the transition team."

He added that the request "left many in our workforce unsettled."

Reuters reported late Monday that former Texas Governor Rick Perry is expected to be named by Trump to run the Energy Department. The agency employs more than 90,000 people working on nuclear weapons maintenance and research labs, nuclear energy, advanced renewable energy, batteries and climate science.

[...]

The memo sought a list of all department employees or contractors who have attended any meetings on the social cost of carbon, a measurement that federal agencies use to weigh the costs and benefits of new energy and environment regulations. It also asked for all publications written by employees at the department's 17 national laboratories for the past three years.

Trump transition officials declined to comment on the memo.

"This feels like the first draft of an eventual political enemies list," a Department of Energy employee, who asked not to be identified because he feared a reprisal by the Trump transition team, had told Reuters.

[...]

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/reute...te-change.html

"Y'all best comply..."

"Or else..."

I hope Perry kicks tail and takes names, we seem to have climate change nutters in every federal department now, including the military.

Comment

Simple solution to that. End funding for all "Green" energy research by the DOE, then de-fund more research outside nuclear which was their original function. With no funding those employees will soon be obvious and you can move them to an office building where they can sit doing nothing until they retire or quit.

Comment

They should team up with manufacturers and come up with a standard model nuke reactor so each installation isn't a fully custom job. My BIL was a nuke for SoCalEd and he told me several years ago that Westinghouse (?) was working on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Department of Education. Its time for it to go.
                        “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers.

Ill bet he gets them once he is sworn in!

Comment

That or top-down firings en masse until he's satisfied he got them.....
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Dive Brief:
                              • President-elect Donald Trump is poised to select former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) to be Secretary of Energy under his administration, multiple news outlets report.
                              • Perry favors a more limited role for the federal government in energy policy and during his 2012 presidential campaign, famously forgot his pledge to eliminate the Department of Energy during a live debate.
                              • Perry supports increased fossil fuel development and has ties to the industry, including sitting on the board of Energy Transfer Partners, a pipeline company building the controversial Dakota Access project. He also oversaw a major expansion of wind capacity during his time as governor.

[...]

As governor, Perry oversaw a dramatic expansion in oil and gas production in Texas, helping keep the state's economy growing through the recession, and supported plans from utility TXU to add 11 coal units throughout the state, which never panned out.

During his two presidential campaigns, he advocated for less restrictive federal regulations on emissions and fossil fuel production, touting Texas as a national model.

Perry has also shown a willingness to support renewable energy, throwing his weight behind the Competitive Renewable Energy Zone transmission project in 2005. The $6.9 billion, 3,600 mile system now transports more than 18 GW of West Texas wind to load centers and is widely crediting with kickstarting the state's nation-leading wind deployment.

That past support for renewables does not appear to stem from a concern for the global climate. Perry repeatedly disavowed mainstream climate science during his presidential campaigns, calling it a "contrived phony mess" in his 2011 book Fed Up!

Perry's expected nomination comes after the Trump transition team sent a list of 74 questions to the Department of Energy asking officials to outline which employees worked on key Obama administration climate efforts, including the Clean Power Plan and Paris Climate Accord.

The letter sowed discontent among environmentalists and agency officials, the Washington Post reported, who fear the new administration will dismantle key clean energy programs, such as funding for emerging technologies. The appointment of a secretary who advocated scrapping the department is unlikely to assuage those concerns.

[...]

http://www.utilitydive.com/news/upda...t-of-e/432253/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X