Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Rudy, all those speeches and he gets nothing.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poor Rudy, all those speeches and he gets nothing.

    PE Trump's transition team released the fact that Rudy Giuliani pulled his name from consideration as the next Secretary of State.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...f-state-232439
    "Rudy Giuliani is an extraordinarily talented and patriotic American. I will always be appreciative of his 24/7 dedication to our campaign after I won the primaries and for his extremely wise counsel,” Trump said in a written statement. “He is and continues to be a close personal friend, and as appropriate, I will call upon him for advice and can see an important place for him in the administration at a later date.”
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

  • #2
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    PE Trump's transition team released the fact that Rudy Giuliani pulled his name from consideration as the next Secretary of State.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...f-state-232439
    He doesn't sound broken up about it and likely will be in "reserve";
    QUOTE(you link);
    " The transition team said that he withdrew on Nov. 29, though aides had mentioned him as one of four contenders multiple times after that date.

    Giuliani had previously publicly campaigned for the post, but on Friday he explained his decision to withdraw.

    “The whole thing was becoming kind of very confusing and very difficult for the president-elect, and my desire to be in the Cabinet was great, but it wasn't that great,” Giuliani said in a Fox News interview. “He had a lot of terrific candidates, and I thought I could play a better role being on the outside and continuing to be his close friend and adviser.”

    Giuliani said secretary of state was the only position he had pursued and was not interested in others. “They're down to the last two, three, four. So, it makes sense to just, you know, get out of the way,” he added. "
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • #3
      "Poor Rudy, all those speeches and he gets nothing." (Combat Engineer)

      Sure he got something. He "Got" not having another 4-8 years of leftward drift.

      That is all that he has a right to expect.
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        He doesn't sound broken up about it and likely will be in "reserve";
        QUOTE(you link);
        " The transition team said that he withdrew on Nov. 29, though aides had mentioned him as one of four contenders multiple times after that date.

        Giuliani had previously publicly campaigned for the post, but on Friday he explained his decision to withdraw.

        “The whole thing was becoming kind of very confusing and very difficult for the president-elect, and my desire to be in the Cabinet was great, but it wasn't that great,” Giuliani said in a Fox News interview. “He had a lot of terrific candidates, and I thought I could play a better role being on the outside and continuing to be his close friend and adviser.”

        Giuliani said secretary of state was the only position he had pursued and was not interested in others. “They're down to the last two, three, four. So, it makes sense to just, you know, get out of the way,” he added. "
        Yes, I'm sure that is what he always wanted, to be a 'back up'.....
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          "Poor Rudy, all those speeches and he gets nothing." (Combat Engineer)

          Sure he got something. He "Got" not having another 4-8 years of leftward drift.

          That is all that he has a right to expect.
          Yes, that is how politics work. He come out support the long odds candidate and work your ass off and you really don't expect anything....
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

          Comment


          • #6
            After a trip to the biggest house on the block, the mighty GOLDEN tower the kids opened their treat bags and compared their prizes.

            "I got Sec of Defense!"

            "I got Sec of the Treasury!"

            "I got Attorney General!"

            And Rudy could only say:



            " I got rocks...."
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

            Comment


            • #7
              Rudy would have been the Popular choice maybe Trump aint quite the populist he was thought to be.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well if has been saying things like in the quote above, that could explain it.

                "The whole thing was becoming kind of very confusing and very difficult for the president-elect," Giuliani said on Fox News. "My desire to be in the Cabinet was great, but not that great."
                Picking the Sec of State is 'very confusing' and 'very difficult' for the President Elect? Is that really Rudy's opinion of the PE???
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think he actually realizes he staved himself the same Conflict of Interest as Hillary..(who..??)

                  http://www.giulianisecurity.com/index.php/us/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    CE Trump won, your girl lost, get over it and move on. This continuous whining is only showing how pathetic and small you truly are.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                      Yes, that is how politics work. He come out support the long odds candidate and work your ass off and you really don't expect anything....
                      Worked his ass off? Giving speeches is such hard work.

                      There are thousands of lower level true believers on all sides, democratic, republican, socialist, green and trumpist, that truly work their asses off. They knock on doors for hours. Do all the hard behind the scenes work at the rallies. Make the phone calls. Head up the grass level get out the vote effort. These people are some what of a PTA to most off us. But they do the real hard work of the campaigns.


                      Their is a big problem for both sides filling the top positions.

                      They are overloaded with people who can step into being attorney general.

                      Filling the national security and intelligence positions, plenty off military men and people with backgrounds in intelligence ops.

                      Secretary of State? Harder to fill. The real experts are more "A" political. The last two Secretaries of State were pure political animals.
                      Last edited by 17thfabn; 09 Dec 16, 20:49.
                      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        CE Trump won, your girl lost, get over it and move on. This continuous whining is only showing how pathetic and small you truly are.
                        It's clear that you don't understand the definition of Whining.

                        That of course brings up your postings from 2007-until the Present.
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          Yes, I'm sure that is what he always wanted, to be a 'back up'.....
                          Spoken like a true tactician.

                          Myself, send in the "first string", get the feel of things, then send your "reserves" to where they best maximize your advantage/agenda.

                          I'm gauging you are a mediocre chess player and a bit rusty on your Sun Tzu.
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                            "Poor Rudy, all those speeches and he gets nothing." (Combat Engineer)

                            Sure he got something. He "Got" not having another 4-8 years of leftward drift.

                            That is all that he has a right to expect.
                            BINGO! Worth double rep! (Later )

                            Instead of regression towards larger and more dominant State for which we serve, a chance at least for a bit of reduction in this gameplan.

                            RHC would have continued the national nosedive towards self-demolition, at least we have a builder, not another 'reshuffle the decker'~ smoke 'em with mirrors flim-flam huckster() and her double-dipping rapist husband( ) back in the White House.

                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              BINGO! Worth double rep! (Later )

                              Instead of regression towards larger and more dominant State for which we serve, a chance at least for a bit of reduction in this gameplan.

                              RHC would have continued the national nosedive towards self-demolition, at least we have a builder, not another 'reshuffle the decker'~ smoke 'em with mirrors flim-flam huckster() and her double-dipping rapist husband( ) back in the White House.

                              I got him once.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X