X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump considering Jim OíNeill for FDA

Jim OíNeill is a managing director at Thielís Mithril Capital

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-neill-for-fda

At this point, it seems that Trump is largely hiring his friends and a gaggle of right wing anti-establishment types.
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Sounds good.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
      At this point, it seems that Trump is largely hiring his friends and a gaggle of right wing anti-establishment types.
      What else did you expect?
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

O'Neill manages one of Peter Thiel's funds...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcru...0-million/amp/
        Though Mithril has backed some tech companies, including the cloud service marketplace AppDirect; Classy, which provides online fund-raising services for nonprofits; and the data analysis giant Palantir (which is one of Founders Fundsí biggest bets to date), it has numerous bets that better underscore its mandate, including to fund companies too mature for many VCs yet that donít fit the mold of a private equity investment, either.

Among them is C2FO, an eight-year-old, Kansas City-based collaborative cash-flow optimization company that tries unlocking capital trapped in trade relationships; Adimab, a nine-year-old, New Hampshire-based antibody drug discovery startup that Wired covered at length recently; and a nine-year-old, Redwood City, Calif.-based surgical robotics company called Auris.

If you wanted a career bureaucrat, who will impede the delivery of new pharmaceuticals to the marketplace, you should be disappointed.

If you wanted an entrepreneur, who will streamline the process and find innovative ways to reduce costs, you should be happy.
        Last edited by The Doctor; 09 Dec 16, 13:04.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

As long as FDA stands for Fire Damn Administrators I'm good with it. The government needs a thorough house cleaning, particularly of management types.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            As long as FDA stands for Fire Damn Administrators I'm good with it. The government needs a thorough house cleaning, particularly of management types.
            Most of Trumpís nominees, so far, seem to be targeted for specific issues related to their respective agencies.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X