John Glenn has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Glenn has died

To have lived half the life that this guy had would be all that one should ask for.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for...-95/ar-AAljVFm

You will be missed Colonel Glenn
    May your achievements never be forgotten.
    Rest In Peace
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

The Drudge article lists;

John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and former U.S. senator, dies at 95
      Glenn flew 149 combat missions in World War II and Korea, where his wingman and eventual lifelong friend was baseball legend Ted Williams. In Korea, Glenn earned the nickname “Old Magnet Ass” due to his skill in landing his airplane under any condition, even after it was riddled with bullets and had blown tires.
      http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ohn-glenn.html

John Glenn, American Hero of the Space Age, Dies at 95
      http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/us...dies.html?_r=0

An appreciation: 'Godspeed John Glenn'
      http://www.post-gazette.com/news/obi...s/201612080085

All 'Original Seven' American astronauts now dead
      http://phys.org/news/2016-12-america...auts-dead.html

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

RIP Sir!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Glenn also will be remembered for his long career as a U.S. senator, representing his home state of Ohio for 24 years as a moderate Democrat.
          But less well-known is the fact that Glenn, who died on Thursday at age 95, was an elder in the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. who saw no conflict between his beliefs in God and in science.
          He told the AP last year he believed scientific discovery – including evolution – should be taught in schools.
          “I don’t see that I’m any less religious by the fact that I can appreciate the fact that science just records that we change with evolution and time, and that’s a fact,” he said. “It doesn’t mean it’s less wondrous and it doesn’t mean that there can’t be some power greater than any of us that has been behind and is behind whatever is going on.”
          And in a space-to-Earth news conference during his second space flight at age 77 in 1998, Glenn told reporters his view of space only strengthened his belief in God.
          “Looking at the Earth from this vantage point, looking at this kind of creation and to not believe in God, to me, is impossible. To see (Earth) laid out like that only strengthens my beliefs,” he said.
          That flight aboard the shuttle Discovery had made him the oldest man in space.
          Glenn was the last surviving member of NASA’s original Mercury 7 astronauts.

Gods speed Mr Glenn.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Glenn also will be remembered for his long career as a U.S. senator, representing his home state of Ohio for 24 years as a moderate Democrat.
            But less well-known is the fact that Glenn, who died on Thursday at age 95, was an elder in the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. who saw no conflict between his beliefs in God and in science.
            He told the AP last year he believed scientific discovery – including evolution – should be taught in schools.
            “I don’t see that I’m any less religious by the fact that I can appreciate the fact that science just records that we change with evolution and time, and that’s a fact,” he said. “It doesn’t mean it’s less wondrous and it doesn’t mean that there can’t be some power greater than any of us that has been behind and is behind whatever is going on.”
            And in a space-to-Earth news conference during his second space flight at age 77 in 1998, Glenn told reporters his view of space only strengthened his belief in God.
            “Looking at the Earth from this vantage point, looking at this kind of creation and to not believe in God, to me, is impossible. To see (Earth) laid out like that only strengthens my beliefs,” he said.
            That flight aboard the shuttle Discovery had made him the oldest man in space.
            Glenn was the last surviving member of NASA’s original Mercury 7 astronauts.

Gods speed Mr Glenn.
            That's a record that could stand for quite some time...centuries if not longer.

Comment

RIP,Sir.

Comment

A salute to a fine man. Served his nation in war and peace .
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

the word "Hero" is bandied around a lot these days..........with this man it does not seem enough ............This guy did it all...........

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    the word "Hero" is bandied around a lot these days..........with this man it does not seem enough ............This guy did it all...........
                    With dignity and class. A real gentleman and the sort of person that made me proud to be an American.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

My first "hero."

My second cousin, R.Adm. Roderick O. Middleton commanded the ship that recovered John Glenn and the Friendship 7 spacecraft. One of the toys I remember from my early childhood was a Friendship 7 model. A few years ago, I bought a die cast model of Glenn's F-86, "Mig Mad Marine." John Glenn was a true American hero in every definition of the phrase.

To John Glenn and the rest of the Mercury 7... ad astra...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        With dignity and class. A real gentleman and the sort of person that made me proud to be an American.
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                            To have lived half the life that this guy had would be all that one should ask for.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for...-95/ar-AAljVFm
                            Amen to that...

Comment

RIP sir, and thank you for all you have done for this country
                              Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X