Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to Harry Reid, the Dem's can't filibuster any of Trumpís cabinet nominees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Harry Reid, the Dem's can't filibuster any of Trumpís cabinet nominees...

Thanks Harry!
    Senate Dems, powerless to stop Trump nominees, regret 'nuclear option' power play
    By Manu Raju and Ted Barrett, CNN

Updated 1:51 PM ET, Tue December 6, 2016

(CNN)Senate Democrats are eager to make Donald Trump pay a political price for nominating staunch conservatives to fill out his Cabinet, hoping to exact revenge for the GOP's stubborn opposition to President Barack Obama's nominees.

But there is little they can do about it -- and some top Democrats are now coming to regret it.

[...]

With the Senate GOP poised to hold 52 seats next Congress, some Democrats now say they should have thought twice before making the rules change -- known on Capitol Hill as the "nuclear option."

[...]

Asked twice at a news conference last week, Schumer declined to say if he thought invoking the nuclear option was a mistake. He instead sharply criticized Price's views on Medicare, and said, "That's all I'm going to say."

[...]

When he pushed through the changes in 2013, Reid said the GOP would benefit as well.

"The changes that we made today will apply equally to both parties," Reid said at the time. "When Republicans are in power, these changes will apply to them as well. That's simple fairness. And it's something both sides should be willing to live with to make Washington work again, that is also simple fairness."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politi...ump/index.html
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

It is hard to believe that they didn't believe this would ever happen. Perhaps they just thought the day of reckoning was so far off in the future that they would all be out of office by then.

I wonder how they are going to feel about Trump using his "pen and a phone" because "we can't wait".
    I will enjoy hearing them screech about the betrayal of the Constitution if and when Trump operates as BO has done.
    Or perhaps when Congress passes a major bill through "reconciliation" as was the case with Obamacare.

Reid's legacy will be a negative one for both sides.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

The Moron knew full well that it could come back and bite them in the a$$, but he did it anyway just out of pure spite.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
          It is hard to believe that they didn't believe this would ever happen. Perhaps they just thought the day of reckoning was so far off in the future that they would all be out of office by then.

I wonder how they are going to feel about Trump using his "pen and a phone" because "we can't wait".
          I will enjoy hearing them screech about the betrayal of the Constitution if and when Trump operates as BO has done.
          Or perhaps when Congress passes a major bill through "reconciliation" as was the case with Obamacare.

Reid's legacy will be a negative one for both sides.
          its a flaw in people who are doing the right thing they think many times they fail to see or understand how the rule they are making can be used against them or abused. both sides are guilty of it

wait till loop hole that allowed Obama care is used against them. at least the commerce clause part of it got thrown out. that would of been a nightmare

Comment

The irony, Harry Reid might not be in power if it wasn't for Trump's direct support of him.

Thanks Donald!
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              The irony, Harry Reid might not be in power if it wasn't for Trump's direct support of him.

Thanks Donald!
              That is some serious Machiavellian sh!t that Trump pulled off. And you guys thought he had no plan..........
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Thanks Donald!
                He was also a huge supporter of Nancy Pelosi.
                http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politi...ing-democrats/
                In a January 2007 interview after the Democrats won the 2006 midterms election in landslide, Trump praised Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Charlie Rangel. He also expressed his high hopes for a Democrat-controlled Congress.
                "I know Nancy Pelosi," Trump said. "I actually got to meet her through a great friend of mine, and really a great man, Charlie Rangel. Charlie introduced me to her. I got to like her a lot. I've been with her a little bit. I think she's going to be terrific. I think Charlie and the Democrats, I think they're going to do a very good job. I think that slowly they're going to squeeze them out of this war."
                And this is from the guy that "conservatives" think is their messiah

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

I think very few of us are happy with the duck. It's just that the witch was soo much worse. So in a way the libturds forced the election of a clown...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

I haven't heard any conservative that believes Trump is the 2nd coming. Just better than the alternative the U.S. was offered, a continuing shift to the left.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                      I haven't heard any conservative that believes Trump is the 2nd coming. Just better than the alternative the U.S. was offered, a continuing shift to the left.
                      Hear, hear!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                        Very true.

Plus I didn't see Nancy saying anything good about him during the campaign. Trump was a businessman, and when you go shopping for members of Congress to further your enterprise Pelosi and Reid are good choices.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          Very true.

Plus I didn't see Nancy saying anything good about him during the campaign. Trump was a businessman, and when you go shopping for members of Congress to further your enterprise Pelosi and Reid are good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            Very true.

Wait, you arenít suggesting that honorable, high minded members of congress can be bought like a hamburger at McDonalds are you?
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                              Wait, you arenít suggesting that honorable, high minded members of congress can be bought like a hamburger at McDonalds are you?
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X