FBI agent shoots at policeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
    I can beat that, a few years back there was an incident here where 2 drunk cops shot a cab driver multiple times (he lived) and walked away without any criminal charges even after evidence of a semi-officially sanctioned coverup was uncovered. One of the officers was eventually fired after facing internal charges. True story. Dirty cops, absurdly powerful police union, dirty DA = no charges.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking...ting-1.5537631
    But in this case there are charges, but they sound trumped up, and quite frankly unbelievable to begin with.

Comment

Every year more officers throw away their careers at out-of-town training sessions than anything else.

Conferences are the worst, because the training hours are automatically awarded at the sign up, so unless the agency assigned a chaperone it is a non-stop party.

A few years ago I was part of a team who went to a week-long conference in San Antonio. Our new Chief was part of the group so we all were expected a dull time. We all checked in, he said 'I'll see you here Friday at noon' and that was the last we saw of him.

I had to go get one of my sergeants, who was hung over, broke, and lacking shoes and a shirt in Fredricksburg on Thursday.

As the only non-drinker in the group I was tasked with keeping everyone's credentials and sidearms.

A hotel with 750 out-of-area cops is not a restful place.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Every year more officers throw away their careers at out-of-town training sessions than anything else.

Conferences are the worst, because the training hours are automatically awarded at the sign up, so unless the agency assigned a chaperone it is a non-stop party.

A few years ago I was part of a team who went to a week-long conference in San Antonio. Our new Chief was part of the group so we all were expected a dull time. We all checked in, he said 'I'll see you here Friday at noon' and that was the last we saw of him.

I had to go get one of my sergeants, who was hung over, broke, and lacking shoes and a shirt in Fredricksburg on Thursday.

As the only non-drinker in the group I was tasked with keeping everyone's credentials and sidearms.

You have all the fun!
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

And jail conferences are worse since there's less risk to certifications....and they don't have firearms to manage. I remember my first couple of years on the job, working the warrant desk at the jail....
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Maybe there should be a rule that all firearms are looked in the police station or wherever the FBI are based before going to a conference?
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

What would keep the local PD from stealing the FBI firearms?

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                Maybe there should be a rule that all firearms are looked in the police station or wherever the FBI are based before going to a conference?
                You really don't get America. You don't take guns away from anyone.

And why would the local PD want the responsibility? As Pruitt notes, the odds that those weapons would still be around, intact, or unviolated are slim.

It isn't usually guns that get officers in trouble. Hot tubs and drunken bets usually do. As does handcuffing a night manager to a railing in the elevator and pushing all the buttons, triggering fire alarms, getting into dumpster races, hijacking cabs, and the bright idea 'Let's call the smokeaters and use this fire hose on them.'

Actually, any idea that includes the words 'fire hose', 'catapult', or 'circuit breakers' seems to inevitably lead to controversy.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You really don't get America. You don't take guns away from anyone.

And why would the local PD want the responsibility? As Pruitt notes, the odds that those weapons would still be around, intact, or unviolated are slim.

It isn't usually guns that get officers in trouble. Hot tubs and drunken bets usually do. As does handcuffing a night manager to a railing in the elevator and pushing all the buttons, triggering fire alarms, getting into dumpster races, hijacking cabs, and the bright idea 'Let's call the smokeaters and use this fire hose on them.'

Actually, any idea that includes the words 'fire hose', 'catapult', or 'circuit breakers' seems to inevitably lead to controversy.
                  Actually I managed to lock my dads guns up in the gun safe and walk away with the key. It was painful but needed doing. Safety first. Though I was rather sneaky about the whole deal. Better safe than the postal gal getting shot by a crazy old man...

Just saying...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    Actually I managed to lock my dads guns up in the gun safe and walk away with the key. It was painful but needed doing. Safety first. Though I was rather sneaky about the whole deal. Better safe than the postal gal getting shot by a crazy old man...

Just saying...
                    You give up your guns first.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X