FBI agent shoots at policeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI agent shoots at policeman

I can hardly wait to hear this fools excuse.

GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - An FBI agent is in custody after police say he shot at a Grand Rapids officer outside a gym.

It happened around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, at Planet Fitness on 28th Street in Grand Rapids.
    While investigating this incident, WZZM 13 found through Kent County court records that the 35-year-old suspect is FBI agent Rueben Hernandez. He was in town from Las Vegas on business. Court records indicate he arrived in Grand Rapids on Monday and was booked Tuesday into the Kent County Jail.

According to Grand Rapids police, Hernandez walked into the Planet Fitness gym and showed off a gun. Reports indicated that he fired three shots near Lake Eastbrook Boulevard.

At the time, about seven people were inside the gym -- no one was hurt. When Grand Rapids police arrived on scene, police say Hernandez fired at a Grand Rapids sergeant and the officer did not return fire.

Hernandez eventually surrendered to officers.

In a statement from Planet Fitness, they confirm the incident:

"We can also confirm that no shots were fired inside the club, and that no one was injured. The suspect is currently in custody and we are grateful for the local authorities' swift action and response."

WZZM 13 also spoke to FBI Special Agent Ray Johnson, who is based in Detroit:

"The FBI is aware of some allegations against an FBI special agent in Grand Rapids," Johnson said. "We're committed to working with the Grand Rapids Police Department to ensure the investigation continues in a manner consistent with pursuing concerns of justice.

"We've referred our matter to the Internal Investigation section at FBI Headquarters in the Office of Inspections."

Kent County court records also show that Hernandez is being held on three charges including assault with intent to murder, discharging a firearm at or near a building and possession of a firearm while under the influence.

It appears Hernandez will be arraigned Wednesday.

(© 2016 WZZM)
    http://www.wzzm13.com/news/crime/fbi...ting/364280071
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

What the hell is anyone doing in a Gym at 1:30 am ?

Hitting on the towel-boy?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

^ Swing shift worker ? There is a market for 24 gyms.

I'm wondering what there is to this story we aren't being told? Could this FBI guy have run afoul of some corrupt PD officer on the take, or been involved in some sting, or undercover bust that was botched?
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

I'm wondering what there is to this story we aren't being told? Could this FBI guy have run afoul of some corrupt PD officer on the take, or been involved in some sting, or undercover bust that was botched?
        Interesting theories, there's also the possibility that he is a dirty FBI agent ... wouldent be the first. Remember Robert Hansesen and John Connolly?

I also read several news articles that indicated that the cops were there specifically because of this FBI agent. As in, he was doing something illegal or bizarre enough to lead to someone calling the cops.

Comment

Hint: the bars close at 0100.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

So, an FBI agent fires his weapon multiple times, including directly at a police office, hits no one, and is charged with "attempted murder"?

BULL S***!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Hint: the bars close at 0100.
              In Michigan, alcohol cannot be served between 0200 and 0700. On weekends, downtown bars can serve until 0400.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                So, an FBI agent fires his weapon multiple times, including directly at a police office, hits no one, and is charged with "attempted murder"?

BULL S***!
                I can beat that, a few years back there was an incident here where 2 drunk cops shot a cab driver multiple times (he lived) and walked away without any criminal charges even after evidence of a semi-officially sanctioned coverup was uncovered. One of the officers was eventually fired after facing internal charges. True story. Dirty cops, absurdly powerful police union, dirty DA = no charges.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking...ting-1.5537631

Comment

One thing that gets me is that he wasn't gunned down, shot multiple times, but was able to drop weapon and surrender.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

One thing that gets me is that he wasn't gunned down, shot multiple times, but was able to drop weapon and surrender.
                    Maybe he was wearing his blue FBI windbreaker?

Comment

The accounts I read he fired his weapon into the air as police arrived, then dropped it. The attempted murder charge stems from an incident inside the gym.

Although it is all very vague.

I suspect infidelity and/or alcohol will be core elements. Remove 'FBI agent' from the mix and its just another domestic argument gone loud.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        The accounts I read he fired his weapon into the air as police arrived, then dropped it. The attempted murder charge stems from an incident inside the gym.

Although it is all very vague.

I suspect infidelity and/or alcohol will be core elements. Remove 'FBI agent' from the mix and its just another domestic argument gone loud.
                        I doubt that a domestic argument had anything to do with it. He was just visiting on assignment from Las Vegas. Alcohol, on the other hand...

Comment

All great theory's, just thinking how Hollywood would spin this, FBI agent in deep cover has infiltrated the Vegas mob scene. Just as he is about to make a big deal with The Godfather, a cop from Michigan that worked with him years ago goes to Las Vegas with his new husband on thier honeymoon.
                          To protect himself the FBI agent threatens to expose the officer to his fellow LEO brother back in Michigan.
                          But the savvy officer turns the tables and threatens to rat him out to the mob.
                          Mmmmm,
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Nothing says fun like an armed paranoid man that has a badge!

FBI agent accused of shooting at GR police was experiencing ‘paranoid kind of fit,' lawyer says

GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - An FBI agent from Las Vegas who fired at a Grand Rapids police sergeant near a Southeast Side mall was experiencing a “paranoid kind of fit’’ and has only a “vague, hazy’’ recollection of what happened, his attorney said Wednesday following the agent’s arraignment on three criminal charges.
                            http://www.wzzm13.com/news/crime/fbi...says/365375816

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              Nothing says fun like an armed paranoid man that has a badge!

FBI agent accused of shooting at GR police was experiencing ‘paranoid kind of fit,' lawyer says

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/crime/fbi...says/365375816
                              Keep in mind that that was a defense claim. A blood test would be a key factor.

Although an emotional meltdown is far from impossible. They do happen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X