More racial bigotry from the Obama administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More racial bigotry from the Obama administration

As a Parthian shot, the Obama administration is trying to add new racial categories to the US census, further dividing everyone by race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/Congress.jpg
    The U.S. Census Bureau may add a new category to its 2020 form for people of Middle Eastern or North African descent. The category — called "MENA" for short — encompasses a broad range of identities.

Thanks to Doc for all the great pics lately.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

This is the same sort of nonsense as saying someone who's Black, speaks Portuguese, and immigrated from Brazil, or someone from Mexico that speaks Mayan and is of indigenous decent are "Hispanic."

Comment

[QUOTE=TactiKill J.;3297847]

I think you missed the point.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          This is the same sort of nonsense as saying someone who's Black, speaks Portuguese, and immigrated from Brazil, or someone from Mexico that speaks Mayan and is of indigenous decent are "Hispanic."
          I knew a guy from British Honduras (Belize). He was part Indian and Black. His wife was from Nicaragua. Their only child married into a redneck family that thought the son was Black. I don't see labeling the husband Hispanic.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

As a Parthian shot, the Obama administration is trying to add new racial categories to the US census, further dividing everyone by race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/Congress.jpg
            your wrong on this one tag overall I think it is not a bad thing. Kind of like would be nice to split the crime stats

as discussed in a previous thread Hispanics were or still maybe consider white for some stats

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
              your wrong on this one tag overall I think it is not a bad thing. Kind of like would be nice to split the crime stats

as discussed in a previous thread Hispanics were or still maybe consider white for some stats
              I think the sooner we get rid of racial labels on anything official from the government, the better. I know if I get a census form with those boxes and they have one for "Other" that's what's getting marked. If they want specifics, I'll fill in "American."

Not hyphenated-American. Not European. Not Caucasian. I've had my fill of that multicultural racist nonsense.

Comment

I think the sooner we get rid of racial labels on anything official from the government, the better. I know if I get a census form with those boxes and they have one for "Other" that's what's getting marked. If they want specifics, I'll fill in "American."

Not hyphenated-American. Not European. Not Caucasian. I've had my fill of that multicultural racist nonsense.
                I use mutt. Have been for years. I'm a human not a race, its also how I look at others. The people who're hung up on the subject are the ones with a problem.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I just answer how many members in the household, nothing else!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I agree with you to a point Back when I was graduating from high school I really thought we would be beyond it by now Dam it I was wrong

Comment

I feel the same way but at the same time I like the idea of distinct races. One should never be ashamed of their heritage. I don't believe that races should not mix, however, I believe we were created differently for a reason and that reason is not to despise the differences, but embrace them. Our problem is harmony. Races should come together like the fiddle and the banjo, two distinct sounds, one from Europe, one from Africa, played separate they are wonderful, played together; pure awesomeness !
                      “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

I read that President Woodrow Wilson did not believe in hyphenated-Americans. I have subsequently referred to myself as a Christian as well as American. I'm Christian in the first place....which is what a large # of Evangelical conservatives in the Bible belt would say.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                          I feel the same way but at the same time I like the idea of distinct races. One should never be ashamed of their heritage. I don't believe that races should not mix, however, I believe we were created differently for a reason and that reason is not to despise the differences, but embrace them. Our problem is harmony. Races should come together like the fiddle and the banjo, two distinct sounds, one from Europe, one from Africa, played separate they are wonderful, played together; pure awesomeness !
                          I have no problem with you taking pride in your ethnic heritage. What I object to is the government making some ethnicities "protected" and selecting which ones they want to recognize and how they'll recognize them. It's akin to the government mandating certain religions as official and ignoring others. That's unconstitutional, and official recognition of race by the government is really no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            I knew a guy from British Honduras (Belize). He was part Indian and Black. His wife was from Nicaragua. Their only child married into a redneck family that thought the son was Black. I don't see labeling the husband Hispanic.

Pruitt
                            Married into Rednecks, eh?

Amazing how rarely the stereotypes about Rural American's hold any water, ain't it?
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                              Well some suggest the first human was from Africa....apparently its a controversial thing to say oh the first human was black(not a big deal at all he could have been white, he could have been a she ). The wiki article on humans has even had to be locked and monitored.

Then there is Adam and Eve...this and the African theory suggest that all humans descend from the same human.

Let us not forget the highly admired Roman Empire....Africans and Arabs were a part of The Roman Empire

As the Roman law on the sale of slaves makes clear, the ancient Romans paid attention to the origin of the slaves whom they bought, sold, and used in their houses, farms, and businesses. The term, “origin,” in Latin is natio: the Oxford Latin Dictionary tells its readers that natio can mean origin, people, nation, or race. Which noun a translator chooses will connote particular meanings for readers of ancient Roman texts in the twenty-first century, especially in the context of slavery. Although we acknowledge that slavery existed in places and cultures other than the southern United States, in particular Greco-Roman antiquity, popular historical imagination usually associates slavery with race—in particular with the millions of black Africans shipped to the Americas from the seventeenth century on. In effect, slave is associated with black. While the Romans had clear notions about non-Romans, other cultures, and even different body types and facial features, they lacked the notions of race that developed in Europe and the Americas from the fifteenth century to the present: that is, a notion that associates a particular set of characteristics (usually deeply discrediting for all but whites) with a skin color and particular physiogamy.

This is not to say that the Romans never saw a black African or that some slaves in the Roman empire were black. Roman paintings and statuary, like a small statuette from the third century CE, which accompanies this article, depict men and women with African features.

- See more at: http://www.blackpast.org/perspective....ihcDqQGr.dpuf

When I think of a slave....I dont think about Africa or black people. In fact when I think of Africa...the numerous Empires of Africa come to mind..The Roman Empire, Ancient Egypt, the Mali Empire, the Ethiopian Empire to name a few.

The Catholic Church during the middle ages did not have the same concept of race as the world does today. Look at the segregation in Northern and Southern USA during the Jim crow era...compare that to middle aged Catholic Europe where one could find black paintings in the most populated areas. My friend there is a reason why there are 300 + million Christians in Africa....its largely due to Catholics spreading the word throughout Africa during the middle ages.

Popular movies that discuss slavery in the USA can actually do a disservice to black people in the sense that one might only imagine chains and slavery when thinking of Africa. We need someone to do a film about Ethiopian Christian resistance against Christian Italy during the first Italo Ethiopian war. There is a tremendously strong and honorable history to Christian Ethiopia...being one of a few African countries to resist colonization.

http://www.blackhistoryheroes.com/20...issues-of.html
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X