For all those who think hate crimes are make believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those who think hate crimes are make believe

In recent weeks on this forum we have seen posters claim that hate crimes don't exist, are made up, and other such inane statements.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2897687
    Officer Aml Elsokary, who was off duty and wearing her hijab, dropped off her 16-year-old on Ridge Blvd. and 67th St. in Bay Ridge just before 6 p.m., the sources said.

After parking her car, she returned to the scene to find her son being shoved by the suspect, a white man in his 30s.

When the officer — a native New Yorker — approached, the man said, “ISIS (expletive), I will cut your throat, go back to your country!”
    Golly gee, sounds like a hate crime to me.

Oh and here's another hate crime that was apparently made up even though it was witnessed by dozens of people. I guess they were all imagining it right?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2896163
    Straphangers stood by and watched as three drunk white men repeatedly screamed “Donald Trump!” and hurled anti-Islam slurs Thursday at a Muslim Baruch College student before trying to rip her hijab off of her head on an East Side subway, the woman told the Daily News.

They kept screaming Trump’s name at her, and then said, “Oh look, a (expletive) terrorist,” she said. “Get the hell out of the country!” they yelled during the train ride. “You don’t belong here!”

Seweid, who was born in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, to Egyptian parents, was shocked.

“I born and raised in this country,” she told The News. “I’m an American, you know?”
    Life in Donald Trump's America. He's inspired a rampage of hate and ignorance while he can't even take a little heat himself. I think I will call him Trumplethinskin from now on.

I see 'hate crime' is joining 'corrupt' and 'Nazi' as the Net's most over-used and least understood terms.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Might need a new internet "law" to join Godwin's and Trump's Laws.

Since you have identified it, the honor of naming it is yours.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        In recent weeks on this forum we have seen posters claim that hate crimes don't exist, are made up, and other such inane statements.

Oh and here's another hate crime that was apparently made up even though it was witnessed by dozens of people. I guess they were all imagining it right?

Life in Donald Trump's America. He's inspired a rampage of hate and ignorance while he can't even take a little heat himself. I think I will call him Trumplethinskin from now on.
        While it might seem proper to blame eight years of Obama racism on Trump, I think you're wrong. Much of the blame belongs with various organizations and groups, such as the terrorist groups themselves. It is their actions that have provoked this type of reactionary behavior, not Trump.

As for number of hate crimes, some of them are real but many more of them turn out to be no such thing.

The question is, how will you react to the new world around you?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I think all crimes are "hate crimes." By making a special set of crimes "hate crimes" what we do is diminish the importance of other criminal activity. Why is the murder of a Black or homosexual more onerous or heinous than the murder of a White or woman? Murder is murder and they should all be treated equally. If the murder was carried out in some particularly vicious manner or such, then take that into consideration.
          But, to say that some crimes are automatically more deserving of greater punishment than others based on the motivation of the criminal is asinine. It's the sort of bigoted claptrap the Left so loves.

Or, there's the reverse: Disparate Impact Theory.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...sparate+Impact

A theory of liability that prohibits an employer from using a facially neutral employment practice that has an unjustified adverse impact on members of a protected class. A facially neutral employment practice is one that does not appear to be discriminatory on its face; rather it is one that is discriminatory in its application or effect.
          The Holder DOJ extended this to criminal activity as well. Their theory is that more Whites needed to be prosecuted for crimes because minorities, particularly Blacks, were being "over prosecuted." Their view was that Blacks, or whoever, don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime... That all ethnic groups, or whatever, commit crime equally... they have to.
          Therefore, over prosecution of one group, even if done in a neutral way, means that other groups should be preferentially targeted while the over prosecuted group is let off the hook...

That's how the Left rolls.
          Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 05 Dec 16, 13:03.

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              I think all crimes are "hate crimes." By making a special set of crimes "hate crimes" what we do is diminish the importance of other criminal activity. Why is the murder of a Black or homosexual more onerous or heinous than the murder of a White or woman? Murder is murder and they should all be treated equally. If the murder was carried out in some particularly vicious manner or such, then take that into consideration.
              But, to say that some crimes are automatically more deserving of greater punishment than others based on the motivation of the criminal is asinine. It's the sort of bigoted claptrap the Left so loves.
              What I see is the insanity from the left, it's not a hate crime to beat rump supprters and it is to yell ethnic slurs toward minorities. And they don't perceive the hypocrisy.

One is violence the other is words. Mind you both are disgusting behavior but don't fall into the same level of hate...

I do believe that crimes have been committed, just not the media hypes them to be...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                I see 'hate crime' is joining 'corrupt' and 'Nazi' as the Net's most over-used and least understood terms.
                "a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence."

I fail to see how the two examples don't qualify?
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                  "a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence."

andrewza, the people here will accuse you of being "PC" if you call Joseph Goebbels a Nazi.
                  Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                  Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                  USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

Oh come on! You know who I am and here is the thread you are talking about-
                    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=174584

A whole slew of "hate crimes" that WERE faked, and the fact that we can prove it is what got you steamed, isn't it?

Why do you guys need this, so very badly?
                    Does your world-view require such extreme validation?
                    Do you need this kind of political leverage? What for?

Shall we counter your argument that anti-Muslim bias is sooooo terrible with the truth about how biased muslims in the rest of the world really are?
                    Murderously so, in fact.
                    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com
                    Last edited by The Exorcist; 05 Dec 16, 13:54.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Rampage?
                      Have you checked the frequency of hate crimes against jews?
                      It is more than all other religions combined and 3 times as many as those directed against muslims.

Of course some hate crimes exist, but claiming it is a "rampage" and also blaming trump without any evidence beyond your own prejudices shows about as much ignorance as demonstrated by the guys in your anecdotes.

Since you are willing to blame trump for attacks on muslims, are you as willing to blame Obama for attacks on police?
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post

First, check the appropriate State Code. That is where you find the appropriate legal definition.

Secondly, typical hate crime statutes only come into in certain offenses after a conviction but before sentencing.

Just shouting at people is seldom a crime, or if is, it is a disorderly conduct offense, which seldom are packaged under the hate crimes statutes.

People forget about the pesky Bill of Rights and its protection of freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

It is still legal in the USA to express any opinion, even those which hurt tender snowflake feelings.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Hypocrisy is a bigger threat to our country than the hate crimes are. The same people posting snowflakes and insinuating that being against racism is somehow soft are the same people that were bitching, moaning and crying over what a pointless performer wore during a half time show. They're the same people that cry racism over BLM and cry racism over any criticism directed towards the government of Israel. But, point out some wrong doing towards Muslims and you're a snowflake. These type of people aren't even worth taking seriously or addressing anymore. They consistently get their panties in a bunch over frivolous matters like Beyonce's wardrobe, but play tough guy when it's something that doesn't concern them. All while being on their knees begging the government to protect them from everything they fear. Home of the brave doesn't apply to everyone and hypocrisy is the new status quo.
                          Last edited by TactiKill J.; 05 Dec 16, 15:10.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Meanwhile, waiting for the anti-pode; what constitutes "love crimes" ???

(Crime being crime, where does attitude or motivation of this sort matter? )
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              Hypocrisy is a bigger threat to our country than the hate crimes are. The same people posting snowflakes and insinuating that being against racism is somehow soft are the same people that were bitching, moaning and crying over what a pointless performer wore during a half time show. They're the same people that cry racism over BLM and cry racism over any criticism directed towards the government of Israel. But, point out some wrong doing towards Muslims and you're a snowflake. These type of people aren't even worth taking seriously or addressing anymore. They consistently get their panties in a bunch over frivolous matters like Beyonce's wardrobe, but play tough guy when it's something that doesn't concern them. All while being on their knees begging the government to protect them from everything they fear. Home of the brave doesn't apply to everyone and hypocrisy is the new status quo.
                              "The Race" - La Raza - MEChA - Reconquista
                              http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=170706
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X