Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Iraq can Trump ‘Make America great again’ without a ‘Splendid Little War'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump has thousands of happy employees.

What leftists can never understand is that the economy is constantly evolving and some businesses fail, that is a good thing, it makes way for better models. Nobody including you can predict what the best model will be or what changes will transform good models into archaic models.

Trump is a salesman and there is nothing wrong with that. If some of his business ventures were over sold well so we're the promises Obama made, The affordable health care act for example was a con job and Obama's lies are now transparent. Even if you think the ends justify the means you shouldn't be so incompetent that your reforms passed on lies are rolled back and those reforms taken off the table for a decade.

My main problem with Obama and Clinton is their incompetence. Both have never held a position were they had demonstrated any particular abilities other than making speech. There are not even any political successes outside of getting elected. Trump is a successful developer in a highly competitive environment. If you think you are intelligent enough to equal his success you are probably delusional. In any case if experience mattered to the left then Clinton would have beaten Obama.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Why not? Bush's war and Obama's war that he had sworn to stop got us nothing.

Why wouldn't Trump's efforts be more rewarding than Obama, for example, giving away trillions of dollars to Iran without stopping their nuke program? Or Bush secretly allowing the bin Laden's to flee from America on 9/11?
      Both of those actions can reasonably be considered acts of treason.

The yardstick already exists, and it wasn't created by Trump.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Recent events mean interesting times are ahead

After Iraq can Trump ‘Make America great again’ without a ‘Splendid Little War'?

Better start beefin' up the USMC coz ....it's probably gonna be the South China Sea.
        .....eventually.

Regards lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

Better start beefin' up the USMC coz ....it's probably gonna be the South China Sea.
          .....eventually.

Regards lodestar
          You ever hear of a navalised BUFF? The Ohio class SSGN? We don't need carriers for force projection. I'll probably get shouted down by the grunts, but really till the PRC gets a serious force projection I really don't see it.

Not saying that China can't start a war but they'll really regret it. I think they are smarter than that...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            Trump has thousands of happy employees.

What leftists can never understand is that the economy is constantly evolving and some businesses fail, that is a good thing, it makes way for better models. Nobody including you can predict what the best model will be or what changes will transform good models into archaic models.

Trump is a salesman and there is nothing wrong with that. If some of his business ventures were over sold well so we're the promises Obama made, The affordable health care act for example was a con job and Obama's lies are now transparent. Even if you think the ends justify the means you shouldn't be so incompetent that your reforms passed on lies are rolled back and those reforms taken off the table for a decade.

My main problem with Obama and Clinton is their incompetence. Both have never held a position were they had demonstrated any particular abilities other than making speech. There are not even any political successes outside of getting elected. Trump is a successful developer in a highly competitive environment. If you think you are intelligent enough to equal his success you are probably delusional. In any case if experience mattered to the left then Clinton would have beaten Obama.
            It's one thing when a salesman / businessman, and in this case developer, takes private money from investors and fails in a business endeavor. That's Trump's case. When he succeeded, his investors got a return on their investments. That's standard in the private sector.

Obama and Clinton don't play that. They take OPM and the public's money and do what they want with it. If the public never sees that money again, it's no skin off Obama's or Clinton's nose.
            How much did Obama personally lose out the trillion he sent down the "stimulus" rat hole? That was everyone's money he threw away.
            Same thing with Obamacare. He didn't lose a dime of his own money on that fiasco. Even worse, he forced people to put their money into health insurance plans that were crap and often worse than the ones they previously had and liked.

That's the difference in terms of their economic outlook. I can bet Trump won't say something idiotic like "You didn't build that!" or "It takes a village..." He knows better.

Government isn't the engine of an economy, it's a boat anchor.

Comment

Navies just minding their business in some else's backyard

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              You ever hear of a navalised BUFF? The Ohio class SSGN? We don't need carriers for force projection. I'll probably get shouted down by the grunts, but really till the PRC gets a serious force projection I really don't see it.

Not saying that China can't start a war but they'll really regret it. I think they are smarter than that...
              The South China Sea is near China not the US.
              If the US is 'projecting force' thousands of kilometers from the US why automatically think China is going to be the one responsible for starting a war?
              Good grief, some might call that 'provocation by projection'!

Ever hear of the Gulf Of Tonkin incident?
              Didn't take place off the coast of California last time I checked.

Regards
              lodestar

Comment

The South China Sea is near China not the US.
                If the US is 'projecting force' thousands of kilometers from the US why automatically think China is going to be the one responsible for starting a war?
                Good grief, some might call that 'provocation by projection'!

Ever hear of the Gulf Of Tonkin incident?
                Didn't take place off the coast of California last time I checked.

Regards
                lodestar
                Just because we want free shipping in a neutral space doesn't make us the villains. That they want to rip off their neighbors makes them the villains.

You Aussies don't have a boat in this race so quit your whining. Think about it, we may be disinclined to save your ass again.

So kindly p*ss off...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

.....eventually.

Regards lodestar
                  Well...see...that's the problem. That's your nation's sphere of influence, so I'm sure you'll be fighting your own war this time...right? Not waiting around for America to do all the work again?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X