Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama's November surprise

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obama's November surprise

    Obama has quietly been putting in place a plan to forgive a big chunk of student loans. Well, the bill's come due and American taxpayers are getting stuck with roughly $108 Billion in bad student debt from it.

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...cid=spartandhp

    Barack Obama’s expansion of the student-loan repayment program, intended to help curb America’s $1.26 trillion pile of outstanding college debt, is proving a lot more costly.
    In a 100-page report (pdf) released today, the Government Accountability Office said it’d forgive $108 billion in debt for the borrowers of government loans who have fulfilled their obligations under the Obama administration’s income-driven repayment plans. That number is much higher than what the US government originally expected.
    One more bend over and take it from the emperor of bend over and take it.

  • #2
    But you are a privileged, whitemale, patriarch, shame on you for your lack of sensitivity to the disadvantaged.

    I wonder if Obama could explain the difference between money and wealth. Those that can do and those that can't make excuses. Or become community organizers and politicians.
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      But you are a privileged, whitemale, patriarch, shame on you for your lack of sensitivity to the disadvantaged.
      That's me just another



      Bah, humbug!

      I wonder if Obama could explain the difference between money and wealth. Those that can do and those that can't make excuses. Or become community organizers and politicians.
      No. He also couldn't tell you what the time value of money theory is either. Pretty obvious when he said "You didn't make that!" about entrepreneurs. He obviously thinks the government is the fount of all wealth since it prints the money...

      Comment


      • #4
        The latest social justice myth I have seen is that slaves made the U.S. wealthy. How they explain the concentration of wealth in the North comes down to another myth that bankers create wealth. While there is little doubt that the Northern banks exploited the Southern dependence on agriculture that does not explain why the South failed to develop it's infrastructure when it was clear it was falling behind. Without slavery it is likely that the South would never have become so dependent on agriculture in the first place. The story illustrates that the sins of our fathers have economic consequences and that immortality in the long run is costly. It also shows the limitations of libertarian principles that under estimates the economic value of limited federalism.
        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          The latest social justice myth I have seen is that slaves made the U.S. wealthy. How they explain the concentration of wealth in the North comes down to another myth that bankers create wealth. While there is little doubt that the Northern banks exploited the Southern dependence on agriculture that does not explain why the South failed to develop it's infrastructure when it was clear it was falling behind. Without slavery it is likely that the South would never have become so dependent on agriculture in the first place. The story illustrates that the sins of our fathers have economic consequences and that immortality in the long run is costly. It also shows the limitations of libertarian principles that under estimates the economic value of limited federalism.
          Yea, that's why the Confederacy went broke early in the Civil War... They had too much money...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Obama has quietly been putting in place a plan to forgive a big chunk of student loans. Well, the bill's come due and American taxpayers are getting stuck with roughly $108 Billion in bad student debt from it.

            http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...cid=spartandhp



            One more bend over and take it from the emperor of bend over and take it.
            In the long run this may be a good thing by getting the Feds to cut back the student loan program to smaller amounts, and to limit it to students who are entering economically viable fields.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Obama has quietly been putting in place a plan to forgive a big chunk of student loans. Well, the bill's come due and American taxpayers are getting stuck with roughly $108 Billion in bad student debt from it.

              http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...cid=spartandhp



              One more bend over and take it from the emperor of bend over and take it.
              Read the article again and try to get the actual facts straight. You failed in the OP.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                Just wait till Trump's January surprise when he's telling universities who they can and can't accept.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

                The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X