Sarah Palin to head the VA??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    I have no idea if Palin would do a good job, but it would be difficult for her to do worse than the geniuses running the VA now.
    If Palin is in charge of the VA the media will suddenly care about all of its shortcomings, that scrutiny can't but help improve things for the vets who rely on the VA.
    Amen!!
    I should rep you for that, but I can't yet.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I have no idea if Palin would do a good job, but it would be difficult for her to do worse than the geniuses running the VA now.
      If Palin is in charge of the VA the media will suddenly care about all of its shortcomings, that scrutiny can't but help improve things for the vets who rely on the VA.
      Of course they would, because it would be in worse shape after a couple years of Palin than it ever has.

The problems at the VA are systemic to the way it has been set up in law and by practice of the Exec branch. No appointee is going to fix anything at all, except minor incremental changes, until Congress sits down and takes apart the entire concept of health care for our Vets.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Of course they would, because it would be in worse shape after a couple years of Palin than it ever has.

The problems at the VA are systemic to the way it has been set up in law and by practice of the Exec branch. No appointee is going to fix anything at all, except minor incremental changes, until Congress sits down and takes apart the entire concept of health care for our Vets.
        So if the position is just 'window dressing' & "No appointee is going to fix anything at all ..." why so many bitching about her getting it?

And with that in mind, how would she make it worse if there's no way to make it better?

There's a logic disconnect here.

TDS morphing into PDS it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post

Palin actually has executive level experience and arguably did well as Gov and Mayor.
          I lost a lot of respect for her when she resigned and never fully understood the motivation behind that. Nevertheless, beyond the fact that people might dislike her, there is no obvious reason why she would fail.

Part of my point isn't that Palin will fix things, but the media will care about how awful the VA is and the publicity might result in genuine changes over there. Congress will ignore the VA until it becomes a problem a little media exposure might compel Congress to do something.

Patients were dying as the VA employees denied care in order to game the system. I can't imagine how Palin could make it worse than that?
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

^ Good points.

My gauge is that most of Palin's detractors base their views off the Tina Fey portrayal/distortion rather than Palin's record.

As for her resignation, maybe she realized she wasn't up to the task and wanted out before being Peter Principled ... ? I also recall that all the negative press focus was detracting from her and those below being effective, so resigned to take the office and staff out of MSM crosshairs, IIRC.

Comment

... missed something here, guys.
              Her son is a Veteran.

That is what is known as 'having some skin in the game'.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Palin actually has executive level experience and arguably did well as Gov and Mayor.
                I lost a lot of respect for her when she resigned and never fully understood the motivation behind that. Nevertheless, beyond the fact that people might dislike her, there is no obvious reason why she would fail.

Part of my point isn't that Palin will fix things, but the media will care about how awful the VA is and the publicity might result in genuine changes over there. Congress will ignore the VA until it becomes a problem a little media exposure might compel Congress to do something.

Patients were dying as the VA employees denied care in order to game the system. I can't imagine how Palin could make it worse than that?
                There it is.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X