Pelosi Remains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi Remains!

Well looks like the House Democrats will remain to the far left but a third of the House voted for new leadership. They will probably be deciding votes for Trump as he tries to get jobs for the rust belt. Should be an interesting to see what happens after 21 of Jan and what can be done with moving the economy back in favor for business.

Good deal for the GOP, she is brain dead which means the democrats stay divided, now all that is needed is Ellison to head up the DNC and it will be a complete cluster f--ck for them!
    Last edited by Trung Si; 01 Dec 16, 16:34.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Never correct your enemies tactics during a war. The decline of the DNC is assured at this point...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

.... they really don't have anyone worth a damn, do they?

I wouldn't be surprised if they run John Stewart for President in 2020
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          .... they really don't have anyone worth a damn, do they?

I wouldn't be surprised if they run John Stewart for President in 2020
          Oprah Winfrey for president 2020. Could happen.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
            Oprah Winfrey for president 2020. Could happen.
            ------------
            I posted this scenario on here a week or so ago. Would not be surprised at all to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
              ------------
              I posted this scenario on here a week or so ago. Would not be surprised at all to see it happen.
              If she did, it would not go well for Trump. I think the only person that could beat her might be Ellen.
              Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

I'm glad Pelosi won. That ensures the hard-line leftism and cronyism that has cost the DNC so much will continue.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Demographics say the republican party is finished if it can't appeal to "minorities".
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    Demographics say the republican party is finished if it can't appeal to "minorities".
                    They keep saying that. Yet the GOP holds record levels of State-level position, both sides of Congress, and the Oval office (soon).

They said Trump couldn't possibly win.

The funny thing is that 2016 the DNC fielded old rich white people for the top jobs.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                      That is only the case if a certain number of assumptions are true, which includes demographic changes continuing on a linear course, but history shows that that tends to not be the case. It also assumes that the Democrats can keep a hold on these minorities and that minority groups are monolithic (with the exception of blacks, this has generally not been the case). It also assumes that the GOP is only white old men (which is not so), and this election year has shown that not to be true. Hispanics have voted GOP in much larger numbers than the past two elections (which shows they are something of a "swing" vote), and Trump even got 20 percent of the Black vote. Women did not peel off like it was assumed, and in fact most assumptions about this election have proved false.

What has been shown to be a continuing trend of working class Americans are abandoning (or being abandoned by) the Democratic Party. Unless the Democrats can broaden their appeal then they are in much more danger than the GOP. OTOH, room may be growing for a middle of the road third party, which, in the long run, would doom one of the parties most likely the Democratic party as they simply will not admit that the party is broken let alone make the necessary changes.

What will this third party most likely look like? I suspect it will be more socially libertine, more capitalistic, and more federalist in outlook.

Tuebor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                        Well looks like the House Democrats will remain to the far left but a third of the House voted for new leadership. They will probably be deciding votes for Trump as he tries to get jobs for the rust belt. Should be an interesting to see what happens after 21 of Jan and what can be done with moving the economy back in favor for business.
                        Making a mistake is not proof of stupidity; repeating the same mistake while hoping for better results is!
                        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                          Making a mistake is not proof of stupidity; repeating the same mistake while hoping for better results is!
                          Right?
                          So, how many times in a row does this make it for Pelosi getting the top slot in Congress?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Photo op right after she won...

Comment

When she passes they will still vote her remains in. That's kind of what I thought they had done anyway when I read the title.
                              I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X