X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what's really wrong with the Democrat Party

This article makes an interesting, and very poignant point:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Representative Tim Ryan, who represents a blue-collar district in northeastern Ohio, has mounted an unexpected challenge to Ms. Pelosi and given voice to the message that House Democrats must broaden their appeal beyond the three liberal states — California, Massachusetts and New York — that now account for a third of their members.
    A third of House Democrats are Progressives from just three Progressive states. They literally don't represent America as a whole, but rather a populous but very narrowly segmented portion of the country.

And, the Democrat leadership is oblivious to it.

In an interview, Ms. Pelosi brushed off his challenge. “I haven’t noticed it,” she said when asked if Mr. Ryan had won appreciable support. She added that she had spent last weekend reaching out to the party’s losing candidates rather than rounding up support from her colleagues.
    This is the problem for Progressives. They are insular and unaware of any valid opposing viewpoints.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

A third of House Democrats are Progressives from just three Progressive states. They literally don't represent America as a whole, but rather a populous but very narrowly segmented portion of the country.

This is the problem for Progressives. They are insular and unaware of any valid opposing viewpoints.
    They've a few other issues, but I think you've nailed the major one.

Too much spewing and not enough listening or comprehending(empathy).
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

They don't care about America or Americans.

And people are finally figuring that out.

Old-school leftists like Pelosi care only about their agenda.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I laughed so hard at this. This literally describes both parties to a Tee.
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

A third of House Democrats are Progressives from just three Progressive states. ....

Well damn, I had no idea it was that bad.
          I'm guessing that not many other people did either, especially Democrats.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
            A third of Republicans in the House are not from just 3 states. They represent the US in a broader cross section of states and prior occupations than the Democrats do.

The problem for Progressives and Democrats is their members are concentrated mostly in Left leaning urban areas with only a smattering of exceptions. The Republicans, at least, represent a broader cross section of the US.

Comment

[QUOTE=T. A. Gardner;3296032]A third of Republicans in the House are not from just 3 states. They represent the US in a broader cross section of states and prior occupations than the Democrats do.

QUOTE]

I'd be curious to see a break down on US senators and representatives by party and then by occupation prior to election.
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Breakdown by occupation...

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43869.pdf

Here's the map by district of House members with respect to party:

A third of the House Democrats is about 63 members. California has 38 Democrats, New York 18, Illinois 10. That's 66. Massachusetts has 9 (100% Democrat).
                As you can see from the map, the sections that are blue are very scant compared to Republicans.

And the job breakdown.

Comment

In an ironic twist, given the reigning philosophies, the Democrats have a disproportionate number of Representatives from the purely bourgeois areas of the country which are populous but incapable of providing basic needs for themselves.......while Republicans have a more even distribution between bourgeois and proletariat.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Not wanting to start another thread and this one looks to sorta fit ...
                    Laughing At Liberals As They Lose Their Minds
                    EXCERPT:
                    But I should be smiling – we conservatives should all be smiling – because everything is going our way. For heaven’s sake, our next Secretary of Defense is going to be nicknamed “Mad Dog.” We just spent eight years being ruled by people who would prefer it be someone nicknamed “Hugs N’ Stuff.”

The liberals are truly going nuts, and it’s beautiful. They recently resurrected Nancy Pelosi for another glorious term winnowing away the House Democrat caucus. Pretty soon it’s just going to be her and some guy representing Berkeley who they recruited while he was shouting “Workers of the world unite!” at bored coeds on Telegraph Avenue. You know, if you want to reach out to the kind of hard-working, salt-of-the-earth, normal Americans who voted for the black guy then allegedly refused to vote for the woman because they are racist, you totally want an ancient, rich, snooty, San Francisco leftist and Botox after-picture like the Nanster.

The only way you could further alienate these alienated voters is, I don’t know, making your DNC chairman some radical leftist, urban black Muslim who hates guns, loves Farrakhan and who parties with Middle Eastern scumbags who issue fatwas to kill those voters’ soldier sons and daughters. Now, that’s some real diversity, and the Dems should totally get right on it. But seriously, we could never dare to hope that the Democrats would be that stupid. Could we?

Did you know that the president-elect has to get China’s permission to take calls from the heads of other countries? Me neither, but the liberals seem to think so. ...
                    http://townhall.com/columnists/kurts...&newsletterad=

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                      Exactly, the Republicans are no better. The difference is that they only care about rural Deep South, Midwestern, and Western states ... the so called "real America" where "real Americans" live. They always brag about winning x states or x counties, but guess what? Most of those counties have more animals than people. My county has more people than many of those entire states combined. My town has more people than their biggest cities.

What's the difference? How is it any better that Republicans are literally incapable of winning any community with a population larger than my tiny hamlet?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                        Exactly, the Republicans are no better. The difference is that they only care about rural Deep South, Midwestern, and Western states ... the so called "real America" where "real Americans" live. They always brag about winning x states or x counties, but guess what? Most of those counties have more animals than people. My county has more people than many of those entire states combined. My town has more people than their biggest cities.

What's the difference? How is it any better that Republicans are literally incapable of winning any community with a population larger than my tiny hamlet?
                        Areas of large population concentrations(urban) tend to have more people on the "hand-out" side of wealth distribution, getting something from guv'mint, whereas the rural tend to be more of the hand-up (having it's created wealth taken and redistributed) so it boils down to takers versus makers.

The Democrats are all about giving(other's) stuff to the voters-Takers.
                        The Republicans are all about leaving other's stuff alone as much as possible and encouraging Making.

First sign you are dealing with a Taker is they will deny the above.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

Let’s mind the elitism shall we? First of all Republicans do win big cities. Permit me to blow your mind with the knowledge that there are big cities in the midwest and rural south.

Second of all, people don’t stop mattering just because they live in an area with livestock. They deserve representation too and if the Republicans can provide it, good.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            Areas of large population concentrations(urban) tend to have more people on the "hand-out" side of wealth distribution, getting something from guv'mint, whereas the rural tend to be more of the hand-up (having it's created wealth taken and redistributed) so it boils down to takers versus makers.

The Democrats are all about giving(other's) stuff to the voters-Takers.
                            The Republicans are all about leaving other's stuff alone as much as possible and encouraging Making.

First sign you are dealing with a Taker is they will deny the above.
                            I see we live in a post-truth world where whatever far right conservatives think is true even if it really is not.

What states are most dependent on federal handouts?
                            https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

http://blogs.voanews.com/all-about-a...oorest-states/
                            Lookie here, the poorest states are those states where G David Bock claims all the "makers" live. Ironically enough the states populated by Bock's supposed "takers" are all least dependent on Federal handouts and have higher levels of wealth. The biggest welfare moochers are the farmers in "Flyover country" with their endless farm subsidies. The folks in solid red states are the biggest takers of all. But of course, it's ok because they are White and vote Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                              Let’s mind the elitism shall we? First of all Republicans do win big cities. Permit me to blow your mind with the knowledge that there are big cities in the midwest and rural south.

Second of all, people don’t stop mattering just because they live in an area with livestock. They deserve representation too and if the Republicans can provide it, good.
                              That is why the DNC lost in 2016: the elitist 'I don't produce anything, but I am superior because I am helpless' attitude.

The sneer that ignores the fact that they are begging water and electricity from other states...
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X