Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting the Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Protecting the Nation

    One of the main duties of the President is protecting the country.

    How can you effectively do that with out the knowledge of current threats?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d25_story.html

    Trump turning away intelligence briefers since election win



    https://www.google.de/search?q=Trump...OISosgG1mJz4BQ
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

  • #2
    One of the main reasons that Trump has been assembling his cabinet more quickly thtn most recent presidents is the fact that he knows how to delegate...
    WASHINGTON – Donald Trump has bypassed most of his daily intelligence briefings on global security threats in the two weeks since his victory, with VP-elect Mike Pence taking them instead.

    The president-elect has had only two classified briefings, The Washington Post reported.

    One senior intelligence official said he hoped the billionaire businessman would spend more time boning up on world affairs.
    “Trump has a lot of catching up to do,” the official told the paper.

    However, Pence — a governor and former congressman — has taken the intelligence briefing nearly every day as he heads up the transition team.

    One member of that team noted the incoming commander-in-chief has been spending long hours in meetings trying to assemble his Cabinet.

    [...]


    http://nypost.com/2016/11/24/trump-p...ings-to-pence/

    Trump is focused on assembling his management team, including his national security team, rather than trying to micromanage national security before he even takes office...
    Shortly Barack Obama’s election victory in 2008, he took regular intelligence briefings and also asked for “deep dives” on complicated matters, such as the Iran nuclear program and drone strikes in Pakistan.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

    Comment


    • #3
      So there you have it. Trump is to busy getting a cabinet together so the VP, who is leading his transition team, has the time for both the intell briefings and forming a cabinet.

      Gotcha.

      So just how does being a formed governor and Congressmen give him more expertise than the Prez elect? Most all past Presidents had time for both, but weren't trying to run a billion dollar business at the same time.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        One of the main reasons that Trump has been assembling his cabinet more quickly thtn most recent presidents is the fact that he knows how to delegate...
        WASHINGTON – Donald Trump has bypassed most of his daily intelligence briefings on global security threats in the two weeks since his victory, with VP-elect Mike Pence taking them instead.

        The president-elect has had only two classified briefings, The Washington Post reported.

        One senior intelligence official said he hoped the billionaire businessman would spend more time boning up on world affairs.
        “Trump has a lot of catching up to do,” the official told the paper.

        However, Pence — a governor and former congressman — has taken the intelligence briefing nearly every day as he heads up the transition team.

        One member of that team noted the incoming commander-in-chief has been spending long hours in meetings trying to assemble his Cabinet.

        [...]


        http://nypost.com/2016/11/24/trump-p...ings-to-pence/

        Trump is focused on assembling his management team, including his national security team, rather than trying to micromanage national security before he even takes office...
        Shortly Barack Obama’s election victory in 2008, he took regular intelligence briefings and also asked for “deep dives” on complicated matters, such as the Iran nuclear program and drone strikes in Pakistan.
        The Chump could not wipe his butt properly without an instruction book; there is nothing that you could possibly post that will ever put a positive light on that clown. He is all yours!!!!
        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

        Initiated Chief Petty Officer
        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Half Pint John
          So there you have it. Trump is to busy getting a cabinet together so the VP, who is leading his transition team, has the time for both the intell briefings and forming a cabinet.

          Gotcha.
          That's what a Chief Operating Officer does...
          What is a 'Chief Operating Officer - COO?
          The COO is tasked with the day-to-day administration and operation of the business. Typically, the COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is considered second in command. In some corporations, the COO is also known as the Executive Vice President of Operations.



          BREAKING DOWN 'Chief Operating Officer - COO'
          While a CEO is concerned with long-term business goals and the outlook for a company, the COO’s focus is executing the company’s business plans according to its business model.

          [...]



          Read more: Chief Operating Officer - COO Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/...#ixzz4RP3FgmK0
          Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

          Trump made it very clear early on that his VP would be his COO...
          Would Mike Pence Be America’s Chief Operating Officer?

          Jim Geraghty
          July 20, 2016 3:40 PM
          Jeremy Carl suggests, “Vice President Pence would be almost uniquely historically powerful, in contrast to the beta role he seems to be cast in by the media.”

          It’s a particularly pertinent point in light of this report in the New York Times, suggesting Trump and those closest to him foresaw his vice president handling a lot of the policy details:
          According to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

          When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

          Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

          “Making America great again” was the casual reply.

          Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, said before the Pence pick, “He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

          [...]

          https://www.google.com/amp/s/bc.marf...rating-officer

          So far, Trump is assembling his cabinet like a business. He appears to be seeking out cabinet secretaries qualified to run their departments as CEO's of subsidiary companies. I think this is why he is seriously considering Mitt Romney for Secretary of State.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

          Comment


          • #6
            company’s business plans according to its business model.
            Have you seen a plan?

            HINT, they are not running a business.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Have you seen a plan?

              HINT, they are not running a business.
              Note to the terminally obtuse:

              Trump's "business plan" is right here... https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/

              The single biggest problem with our Federal government is that it has never been run like a business. Since the government doesn't actually produce anyrhing, it isn't fully analogous to a business. It's more analogous to the administrative overhead of a business. In the case of America, the business, our administrative overhead has developed the attitude that the productive part of America, the private sector, existed to service government. This is 100% bassackwards. If Trump accomplishes nothing more than reversing this attitude and replacing Scalia with a constructionist justice, he will be the best POTUS since Reagan.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                In the case of America, the business, our administrative overhead has developed the attitude that the productive part of America, the private sector, existed to service government. This is 100% bassackwards. .
                You are speaking a foreign language when you speak of such things to progressives.
                “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Savez View Post
                  You are speaking a foreign language when you speak of such things to progressives.
                  Or career government employees.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As far as I am concerned Bobo is still the President until January and from what I have heard and read in the past he has attended less than half off all his intelligence briefings since he was sworn in in2009, probably too busy playing golf or going to fund raisers.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                      The Chump could not wipe his butt properly without an instruction book; there is nothing that you could possibly post that will ever put a positive light on that clown. He is all yours!!!!
                      The most positive light Trump has is the rage he induces. Judge a man by his enemies.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Note to the terminally obtuse:

                        Trump's "business plan" is right here... https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/

                        The single biggest problem with our Federal government is that it has never been run like a business. Since the government doesn't actually produce anyrhing, it isn't fully analogous to a business. It's more analogous to the administrative overhead of a business. In the case of America, the business, our administrative overhead has developed the attitude that the productive part of America, the private sector, existed to service government. This is 100% bassackwards. If Trump accomplishes nothing more than reversing this attitude and replacing Scalia with a constructionist justice, he will be the best POTUS since Reagan.
                        There by adding several billion warm feathers to his own nest.

                        Teflon Ronnie, na, let's not start that again.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          Or career government employees.
                          BINGO!

                          A lifetime and career invested in becoming institutionalized does not foster clear, objective thinking or logic. Epecially with regard to economics.

                          (Why the current POTUS is impotent.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            One of the main reasons that Trump has been assembling his cabinet more quickly thtn most recent presidents is the fact that he knows how to delegate...
                            WASHINGTON – Donald Trump has bypassed most of his daily intelligence briefings on global security threats in the two weeks since his victory, with VP-elect Mike Pence taking them instead.

                            The president-elect has had only two classified briefings, The Washington Post reported.

                            One senior intelligence official said he hoped the billionaire businessman would spend more time boning up on world affairs.
                            “Trump has a lot of catching up to do,” the official told the paper.

                            However, Pence — a governor and former congressman — has taken the intelligence briefing nearly every day as he heads up the transition team.

                            One member of that team noted the incoming commander-in-chief has been spending long hours in meetings trying to assemble his Cabinet.

                            [...]


                            http://nypost.com/2016/11/24/trump-p...ings-to-pence/

                            Trump is focused on assembling his management team, including his national security team, rather than trying to micromanage national security before he even takes office...
                            Shortly Barack Obama’s election victory in 2008, he took regular intelligence briefings and also asked for “deep dives” on complicated matters, such as the Iran nuclear program and drone strikes in Pakistan.
                            What a lame excuse. I mean really that's a bad excuse. And would these briefings not maybe be helpful in forming his government. But then again

                            “I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me,’’
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                            CPO Mzinyati

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              What a lame excuse. I mean really that's a bad excuse. And would these briefings not maybe be helpful in forming his government. But then again

                              “I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me,’’
                              How would briefings from Obama's national security team help Trump form his administration? He has already named his National Security Adviser, Deputy National Security Adviser and CIA Director. David Petraeus appears to be a finalist for Secretary of State. He was the Director of the CIA and commander of CENTCOM and ISAF. Jim Mattis, another former CENTCOM commander, is on the short list for Secretary of Defense. Trump is already staffing his administration with national security experts.

                              Obama's national security team is briefing Pence and, either directly or indirectly, Trump's National Adviser Michael Flynn, his deputy K.T. McFarland and DCIA Pompeo. Flynn was the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency and Pompeo was on the House Intelligence Committee.

                              Successful CEO's don't micromanage. They lay out the business plan and the COO executes it.
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X