Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Trump intend to ‘Tweet’ his way thru his term? He looks childish & unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    BS!!!! What planet do you live on? Have you ever been in another country? We cannot pretend to be the self appointed leaders of the "free world" and not expect criticism from the citizens of other countries. Whether you like it or not the decisions made by Washington affect the lives of people that are not American citizens; do you seriously think that those people have somehow forfeited their right to criticize and voice concern?
    Sure, they can voice all they like, and we will voice right back at them!

However, you should support those of us that want to pull back from that, and cease with this nonsense about being the world's Policeman.
    Okay?

And none of that gives them Stakeholder status when it comes to US elections. You cannot be a sovereign and independent nation if everyone else in the world can control your elections.
    You can't have that cake and eat it too.

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    'We'?
    You are right, I have nothing in common with someone as intellectually challenged as you. Should I grab my box of crayons?
    Last edited by Bass_Man86; 02 Dec 16, 08:30.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    BS!!!! What planet do you live on? Have you ever been in another country? We cannot pretend to be the self appointed leaders of the "free world" and not expect criticism from the citizens of other countries. Whether you like it or not the decisions made by Washington affect the lives of people that are not American citizens; do you seriously think that those people have somehow forfeited their right to criticize and voice concern?
    'We'?

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    And real Americans can mock him for it. That is how it works.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    YOU, a REAL American?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    YOU, a REAL American?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    About that tweet -

Burning the Flag is a hostile act against the Govt and the people it represents.

1- You can't take anyone's Citizenship, but you can interrupt the process of them becoming one. Burning the flag should be enough to prevent naturalization and also give the boot to any permanent residents.

2- A year in prison also sounds odd, unless it is tied to other more violent activity.
    So if the "protest" turns into a riot (again), that would be a good law to keep all but the most fanatical at a low simmer.

I'll bet that if I burned a Rainbow flag in San Francisco during a certain parade would get me killed on the spot... and what would happen to me if I burned a Brazilian flag in Rio during the last Olympics?
    Na, Salinteor would dawn his super man custom and come and save the day.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    About that tweet -

Burning the Flag is a hostile act against the Govt and the people it represents.

1- You can't take anyone's Citizenship, but you can interrupt the process of them becoming one. Burning the flag should be enough to prevent naturalization and also give the boot to any permanent residents.

2- A year in prison also sounds odd, unless it is tied to other more violent activity.
    So if the "protest" turns into a riot (again), that would be a good law to keep all but the most fanatical at a low simmer.

I'll bet that if I burned a Rainbow flag in San Francisco during a certain parade would get me killed on the spot... and what would happen to me if I burned a Brazilian flag in Rio during the last Olympics?
    Actually, nationalized citizens can have their citizenship revoked. All you need is an error or unreported act on their application process.

It isn't used a lot under Bobo, but it can be done. They've pulled the citizenship from guys who had lived here for forty plus years. We're assisting on one that goes back twenty years.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    About that tweet -

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    And yet, there are quite a few American posters here that will not hesitate to comment on another country's politics. What we do affects Australia so he is well within his rights to comment.

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    The sad thing is the OP is from down under...no stake in the game.
    And yet, there are quite a few American posters here that will not hesitate to comment on another country's politics. What we do affects Australia so he is well within his rights to comment.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    And politicians all around the world.
    All Civs/Cultures have their own sub-species of "politician" but the Genus is rather universal. Here in USA we do have a more demarked polarity than found on other parts of the planet, it would seem. Also somewhat more nuances ... ???

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by lodestar View Post
    But isn’t ‘tweeting’ for the birds (sorry couldn’t resist) and kids?
    And politicians all around the world.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    As you guys have pointed out many times what's said and done during a campaign holds little to no bearing post-election. Right now, there is no message being sent to the establishment instead it seems the status quo will mostly remain intact, especially with the likes of Romney being a front-runner for secretary of state. Trump has appointed big donors and isn't draining any swamp, it's business as usual.

I've donated my hard earned money to the Libertarian ticket.
    My question is where have you put your labor, sweat, and physical effort?

Where and how have you walked the walk that matches your talk?

Where have you done your duty as a citizen by actions at the grassroot/local level?

Anyone can donate money and it helps, but being there and doing is what really counts.

Considering the numbers that will be affected, I see too few of us at the ones I attend.

BTW, Trump had a plan, a contract, an action item list for his first 100 days. You may want to look it over, the thread for that subject is here;
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=174106

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Trump winning an election without marginal support of some of the GOP establishment is a sign the rank-n-file of the Republican party is sending a message to the (party)establishment.

How active have you been with the local branch of any political party of your choice?

Are you involved in any local citizen action groups, such as advocates for property rights, or monitoring local city/county councils, attend the meetings of such to voice your opinion, etc. ?
    As you guys have pointed out many times what's said and done during a campaign holds little to no bearing post-election. Right now, there is no message being sent to the establishment instead it seems the status quo will mostly remain intact, especially with the likes of Romney being a front-runner for secretary of state. Trump has appointed big donors and isn't draining any swamp, it's business as usual.

I've donated my hard earned money to the Libertarian ticket.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X