Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Trump intend to ‘Tweet’ his way thru his term? He looks childish & unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    They might want to wait until he takes office and actually does something, but why let facts get in the way of a really good temper tantrum?

They sounded so confident before the election, didn't they?
    Why should we not follow in the great footsteps of conservatives here in the forums?

Must not criticize PE Trump Comrades...

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    They might want to wait until he takes office and actually does something, but why let facts get in the way of a really good temper tantrum?

------------------
    They were pretty confident up till 9:00 election night. We'll see what happens after Jan 21 2017. Hopefully the snot and tears will stop by then.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Mr Scalia would have to convert his statement to Tweek Speak.

“Up to me, I'd put in jail every Hipster who burns the American flag, But I am not king.”
    I seriously doubt that Justice Scalia would have communicated in a medium which limited his opinions to 140 characters. Although, it would be funny to see Supreme Court rulings reduced to Tweets.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
    --------------
    I didn't vote for Trump and didn't say you shouldn't criticize him either. But I will criticize whomever I want including the criticizers.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    replied
    President Elect Trump MUST NOT BE CRITIZED comrades.

Four or eight years left to go.
    --------------
    I didn't vote for Trump and didn't say you shouldn't criticize him either. But I will criticize whomever I want including the criticizers.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    3 weeks of the crying towel and no sign of the tears and snot stopping anytime soon!
    The sad thing is the OP is from down under...no stake in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    -------------
    Was I on here in 2008? I think I joined later.
    I did not say you do. However many that still do are and others follow in the same vain. When President Obama won in 08 conservatives started whining and crying immediately and never stopped. On this board, on the rest of the web, in the CEC, everywhere.

The only whining going on is by those that can't stand criticism of PE Trump.

Sorry, I don't abide double standards.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Mr Scalia would have to convert his statement to Tweek Speak.

“Up to me, I'd put in jail every Hipster who burns the American flag, But I am not king.”

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    replied
    You need to remember a little forum history from 2008.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...82#post3288582
    -------------
    Was I on here in 2008? I think I joined later.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    I hope as President he continues fine comments like one of his latest:

Makes me proud.
    This wouldn't fit in a Tweet...
    [...]

Laws prohibiting the burning or desecration of the American flag have been struck down by the Supreme Court, most recently in 1990, because they were found to have violated the First Amendment of the Constitution, which protects freedom of speech. A 1958 Supreme Court decision rejected the practice of stripping U.S. citizenship as a form of criminal punishment.

In a 1989 ruling, the Supreme Court upheld the right of protests to burn the flag in a 5-4 decision, with Justice Antonin Scalia siding with the protesters. He later said he based his ruling on a “textual” reading of the Constitution, according to the Constitution Center blog.

“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag,” Scalia said in 2015 in Philadelphia. “But I am not king.”

A 2005 bill that would have reinstituted a ban on flag burning was co-sponsored by Hillary Clinton, then a senator from New York. That legislation was unsuccessful.

A constitutional amendment that would allow the government to ban flag desecration has been proposed multiple times but has never passed.

[...]

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...burning-231920

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    3 weeks of the crying towel and no sign of the tears and snot stopping anytime soon!
    You need to remember a little forum history from 2008.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...82#post3288582

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    President Elect Trump MUST NOT BE CRITIZED comrades.

Four or eight years left to go.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    I hope as President he continues fine comments like one of his latest:

“Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!
    Makes me proud.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    I can see why communicating in 140 characters or less, would be troubling to Lodestar...
    Last edited by The Doctor; 29 Nov 16, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X