Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Trump intend to ‘Tweet’ his way thru his term? He looks childish & unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    I hope as President he continues fine comments like one of his latest:

Makes me proud.

Question ??? Is America the only nation in the world that swears allegiance to a flag??

As a soldier I swore allegiance to my country and QE2 and recognized the regimental flags but the US seems to be the only place you swear on a flag,just a piece of material ...but you guys do get excited if anybody burns one......what do you do with the old worn out one???

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
      Question ??? Is America the only nation in the world that swears allegiance to a flag??

As a soldier I swore allegiance to my country and QE2 and recognized the regimental flags but the US seems to be the only place you swear on a flag,just a piece of material ...but you guys do get excited if anybody burns one......what do you do with the old worn out one???
      Some are framed and displayed, others are respectfully burned.

Desecrating the US (and many state) flags is a crime in the USA.

And often an invitation to a truly severe beating. I saw a guy lose half-a dozen teeth and a bunch of broken ribs from a case of bad attitude and a lighter. He was lucky we were close enough to stop it before he ended up in intensive care.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Some are framed and displayed, others are respectfully burned.

Desecrating the US (and many state) flags is a crime in the USA.

And often an invitation to a truly severe beating. I saw a guy lose half-a dozen teeth and a bunch of broken ribs from a case of bad attitude and a lighter. He was lucky we were close enough to stop it before he ended up in intensive care.
        Not really. On the books in some places, can't be enforced nor prosecuted.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands...
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

We must show unwavering support for our country whether we agree with our government or not. Stepping out of line and dissenting can lead to severe consequences.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              We must show unwavering support for our country whether we agree with our government or not. Stepping out of line and dissenting can lead to severe consequences.

The Flag is symbol of the Nation and the Constitution(Republic), not the administration currently occupying the White House.

When we "TEA Party" dissenters were rioting and looting after BHO's inauguration we proudly waved the American Flag.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

[IMG...p://www.raisingsheep.net/uploads/1/3/5/3/13538303/6594421.jpg?442[/IMG]
                "We must show unwavering support for our country whether we agree with our government or not."

You do realize that "our country" and "our government" are two different things... Right?

Unwavering support for our government --> Sheeple.
                Unwavering support for our country ---> Patriots.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  The Flag is symbol of the Nation and the Constitution(Republic), not the administration currently occupying the White House.

When we "TEA Party" dissenters were rioting and looting after BHO's inauguration we proudly waved the American Flag.
                  The problem is the American flag no longer stands for or represents what it did 50+ years ago. Imo, it's time to bring this flag back

Unwavering support for our country ---> Patriots.
                  Our country has allowed our government to run amok for far too long now. Patriots don't re-elect Bush after the "Patriot" act, followed by Obama and now Trump. The government we despise is the direct result of the people either being complacent, dropping their standards or simply being ignorant.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The problem is the American flag no longer stands for or represents what it did 50+ years ago. Imo, it's time to bring this flag back

Our country has allowed our government to run amok for far too long now. Patriots don't re-elect Bush after the "Patriot" act, followed by Obama and now Trump. The government we despise is the direct result of the people either being complacent, dropping their standards or simply being ignorant.
                    Which 37 States get the ax?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Which 37 States get the ax?

That flag he advocates was the flag of men going into uneven battle. Yet he never served....
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Great reply, really fantastic. Did you send that from your Twitter account?

Snowflake
                        An overly sensitive person, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own.
                        We are talking about lodestar here.

T.

Comment

That was never the U.S. flag (though it may have been a regimental one).

The original "Old Glory" had three rows of stars; four-five-four

What has changed over the last fifty years is that the Democratic Party has been becoming less and less inclusive. It dumped the conservative Southern Democrat in the 80s and 90's, the rural farmer (the original back bone of the Democratic Party going back to its formation during the days of Jefferson and Madison), and now the blue collar worker.
                          All that remains is an amalgam of inner city ethnic/racial groups and the left cultural elite. Want to blame someone on the political direction in the United States. Look no father than the Democratic Party.

Tuebor

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

What has changed over the last fifty years is that the Democratic Party has been becoming less and less inclusive. It dumped the conservative Southern Democrat in the 80s and 90's, the rural farmer (the original back bone of the Democratic Party going back to its formation during the days of Jefferson and Madison), and now the blue collar worker.
                            All that remains is an amalgam of inner city ethnic/racial groups and the left cultural elite. Want to blame someone on the political direction in the United States. Look no father than the Democratic Party.

Tuebor

T.
                            Well said.

What is interesting is the numbers of Hispanic voters coming over to the GOP. Trump also pulled more black voters than Romney. There are cracks widening in their bases.

The key to their failure is the PC creed and a failure to have any realistic economic planning.

Comment

It's not about me...no wait a minute!

We are talking about lodestar here.

T.
                              A lodestar post is very often as much about lodestar himself as it is about the issues he raises.

Check my WWII Forum thread-starters, North American Forum thread-starters and my Europe Forum thread-starters and you'll get the idea.

Good to have you on board.

When I was young and teachers or other adults asked about my hopes and dreams for the future I always replied:
                              “When I grow up I want to be a compelling narrative.”

Regards lodestar

Comment

Tuebor

T.
                                The men that flew that flag would not be sitting idle while their government is being transformed into one that goes against what they fought for. Today, all we get are hollow threats from the right and random acts of stupidity from the left, as the establishment continues to march on.

As long as I see both parties expanding government, running up the debt and violating liberties and the constitution then both are to blame. But, bias. Republicans will never take their own to task and democrats never will either. Hence the sheeple mentality as everyone continues to be herded along by their respective party.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X