Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resisting the tyranny of the Chump - Texas style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resisting the tyranny of the Chump - Texas style!

From the Dallas News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/co...merica-tyranny

A couple of the more important points:

Do not obey in advance. Much of the power of authoritarianism is freely given. In times like these, individuals think ahead about what a more repressive government will want, and then start to do it without being asked. You've already done this, haven't you? Stop. Anticipatory obedience teaches authorities what is possible and accelerates unfreedom.
    Believe in truth. To abandon facts is to abandon freedom. If nothing is true, then no one can criticize power, because there is no basis upon which to do so. If nothing is true, then all is spectacle. The biggest wallet pays for the most blinding lights.
    And, perhaps most importantly (bold mine)

Be a patriot. The incoming president is not. Set a good example of what America means for the generations to come. They will need it.
    "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
    -The President of the United States of America.

Ah, the Dallas News. The National enquirer of the Southwest.

Snyder is a moron. The DN uses his stuff for shock value. It still hasn't adjust to the state going red in the '80s.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

More snowflake whining...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Resisting the tyranny of the Chump - Ivy League style!

The Dallas Morning News, a flaming left-wing rag, published this nonsense.

There is nothing "Texas style" about it...

Timothy Snyder, a Yale history professor and historian of Eastern Europe, originally published this on Facebook.

A [email protected] college professor posts a rant on Facebook, a [email protected] newspaper re-posts it and it gets re-posted here...
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Ah, the Dallas News. The National enquirer of the Southwest.

Snyder is a moron. The DN uses his stuff for shock value. It still hasn't adjust to the state going red in the '80s.
          The DMN used to be right-of-center. It started drifting left after the Dallas Times-Herald (AKA Pravda) went belly-up in 1991. The DMN is so far left now, that the Austin American Statesman looks like the Wall Street Journal in comparison.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            According to the wiki:

An average of 270K paid subscribers. Gee, that's a lot of "non Texans" reading it in Texas.

However, on September 7, 2016 it endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, the first time it had endorsed a Democrat for president since Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1940. This came a day after it ran a scathing editorial declaring Republican candidate Donald Trump "not qualified to serve as president." It was the first time that the paper had refused to endorse a Republican since 1964.
            Leave it to the Chump to scare away old friends.

61% of Dallas county voted for Clinton.
            Chump barely scored the majority vote (52%) across Texas. 3.8 Million (43%) people voted for Clinton.

Maybe there's more blue in "Texas style," than you are willing to acknowledge.
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
              According to the wiki:

An average of 270K paid subscribers. Gee, that's a lot of "non Texans" reading it in Texas.

Chump barely scored the majority vote (52%) across Texas. 3.8 Million (43%) people voted for Clinton.

Nope.
              I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

According to the wiki:

2012: Romney 57.17% Obama 41.38%
                2008: McCain 55.39% Obama 43.63%

Clinton did about the same as Obama. The "razor thin" 9% margin was not due to "more blue," it was due to [email protected] Republicans.

The Dallas Morning News has drifted to the left faster than Republicans have moved to Collin and other surrounding counties.

270k paid subscribers is down about 130k in the past decade.

Advertising revenue...

The Dallas Morning News is deader than Texas Democrats in statewide races.

Comment

2012: Romney 57.17% Obama 41.38%
                  2008: McCain 55.39% Obama 43.63%

Clinton did about the same as Obama. The "razor thin" 9% margin was not due to "more blue," it was due to [email protected] Republicans.

The Dallas Morning News has drifted to the left faster than Republicans have moved to Collin and other surrounding counties.

Advertising revenue...

The Dallas Morning News is deader than Texas Democrats in statewide races.
                  Yep.
                  I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Clinton did about the same as Obama.
                    I didn't say it was *more* blue than the last election, I said there was more blue than you give it credit for.

There's a ton of blue in Texas. Millions of people in Texas voted for Clinton. Certainly a higher percentage of people in Texas voted for Clinton compared to the percentage of regressives that voted for the Chump in California.

A paper that promotes some liberal viewpoints AND blasts the Chump is well within "Texas style."

Sorry. Them's the facts....um, dude.

*All* metropolitan newspaper circulation is down from a decade ago.

Comment

I didn't say it was *more* blue than the last election, I said there was more blue than you give it credit for.

There's a ton of blue in Texas. Millions of people in Texas voted for Clinton. Certainly a higher percentage of people in Texas voted for Clinton compared to the percentage of regressives that voted for the Chump in California.

A paper that promotes some liberal viewpoints AND blasts the Chump is well within "Texas style."

Sorry. Them's the facts....um, dude.

*All* metropolitan newspaper circulation is down from a decade ago.
                      A decade ago, the DMN was on the verge of insolvency. Since endorsing Clinton, they have received thousands of subscription cancellations.

Where have I ever stated how "blue" Texas is? You posted...

Texas was no bluer in this Election than it has been in most recent statewide elections.
                      • 2010 Rick Perry 55% Bill White 42%
                      • 52-43% is not a barely scored majority.
                      • 43% is approximately how "blue" Texas normally votes.
                      • Trump didn't cause Republican voters to move out of Dallas County.

Occasionally a really good Republican candidate will approach or exceed 60% and hold a really bad Democrat candidate below 40% (Gov. Abbott vs. Abortion Barbie), but statewide elections generally run 51-57% Republican to 41-44% Democrat.

The myth that Texas is going blue led the mainstream media to elect Abortion Barbie in the 2014 gubernatorial election, right before a guy in a wheelchair kicked her @$$ 62-34%.

Serial red herring and strawman fallacies notwithstanding, there is nothing "Texas style" about this...

From the Dallas News:

It's nothing but a repost of a Yale University (New Haven CT) professor's Facebook rant...
                      The Dallas Morning News, a flaming left-wing rag, published this nonsense.

Timothy Snyder, a Yale history professor and historian of Eastern Europe, originally published this on Facebook.

A [email protected] college professor posts a rant on Facebook, a [email protected] newspaper re-posts it and it gets re-posted here...
                      He was born in Ohio, got his BA from Brown (Rhode Island), PhD from Oxford (not even in the USA) and his specialty is Eastern European history. He is less "Texas style" than the Dallas Morning News is.
                      Last edited by The Doctor; 29 Nov 16, 07:44.

Comment

The best thing is to ignore Hillary;she is only posting here to express her frustrations and because she is bored with counting her foundation billions .

Comment

From the Dallas News:

Good advice! Don't be a sheeple! Though I have no idea what this has to do with Trump.
                          "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                            Good advice! Don't be a sheeple! Though I have no idea what this has to do with Trump.
                            Trump the authoritarian said on twitter that he wants to revoke citizenship for burning the US flag

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
                              Trump the authoritarian said on twitter that he wants to revoke citizenship for burning the US flag
                              Agent Orange needs to check. A native born American cannot have their citizenship revoke. Naturalized can but not at the snap of a finger.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X