America's religious revival...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's religious revival...

Seems to me that with the election of Trump that America is having a religious revival. Trump supporters seem to think that their Messiah has arrived to save them from the evils of Big Government and all sorts of ills, while Trump's detractors are claiming the Devil incarnate has appeared to destroy the country...

Amazing how a snake oil salesman can bring out the religion in people...

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Seems to me that with the election of Trump that America is having a religious revival. Trump supporters seem to think that their Messiah has arrived to save them from the evils of Big Government and all sorts of ills, while Trump's detractors are claiming the Devil incarnate has appeared to destroy the country...

I think there is a religious revival but I don't think it is because the election of Trump. I think Trump capitalized on it with the evangelical vote. But its hard not to win the evangelical vote when your opponent is evil incarnate.
    “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
      I think there is a religious revival but I don't think it is because the election of Trump. I think Trump capitalized on it with the evangelical vote. But its hard not to win the evangelical vote when your opponent is evil incarnate.
      See!

Comment

See!
        I knew that was coming. Haha! As for the religious revival I think it is totally separate from the presidential election.
        “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Please. Neither of them are the messiah, both of them are deeply flawed, clinton is far worse than rump.

Get over it. rump won.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It certainly seems to be working for you!

So by your "logic", Trump id the Messiah and that makes Obama Satan. Wow...
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't know the numbers but it seems more and more Americans are turning away from a church.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

That is funny as hell!!! But let's face it, while Chump is a world class liar he is hardly the Great Deceiver, he is merely one of his acolytes.
                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Sorry, but to this Catholic boy the Chump is the evil one. Hillary is will be spending a heck of long time in Purgatory but the Chump will not be spending a dime on heating for eternity as far as I am concerned.
                  Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                  Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                    That is funny as hell!!! But let's face it, while Chump is a world class liar he is hardly the Great Deceiver, he is merely one of his acolytes.

HIS : you mean of course : HER

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      Please. Neither of them are the messiah, both of them are deeply flawed, clinton is far worse than rump.

Get over it. rump won.
                      Exactly.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          HIS : you mean of course : HER
                          Nope...they mean "HIS. The Bible is the most sexist and mysogynistic book ever created.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                            Sorry, but to this Catholic boy the Chump is the evil one. Hillary is will be spending a heck of long time in Purgatory but the Chump will not be spending a dime on heating for eternity as far as I am concerned.
                            Careful, Bass, the Bible has a parable about that kind of thinking.

"Oh Lord, thank you for making me so perfect and flawless, unlike that evil Trump. I am sure you will condemn him to hellfire for his many iniquities. Thank you for making me not like him, for making me holy and pure and not full of Trumpness"

Trump is a flawed human being and I won't whitewash him any but last time I checked none of us is perfect and the book we follow says salvation comes from grace and you ain't the bouncer.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Trump also received heavy support from Catholics.

In the election post-mortem and hand-wringing among pollsters, pundits, and prognosticators, many factors will be identified as contributing to Donald Trump’s decisive victory, including race, class, and gender. But one other factor that deserves more attention is religion. In spite of reports indicating that Trump was having “problems” with the Catholic vote, exit polling indicates that he won Catholics by 52% to 45%. This marks a substantial change from the previous two presidential elections when Catholics voted for Obama by margins of 9% in 2008 and 2% in 2012.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/09/donald...catholic-vote/
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X