Any Republican should be ashamed of the GOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]The energy industries are there to be used, and we have numerous other non-military industries that can easily expand to meet a growing market. It isn't all guns and bullets.
    Eh, what. The problem is where are the manufacturing jobs that actually pay higher wages and create superior, sustainable employment? The Auto industry is barely sustainable with US labor.

Not making iphones and trinkets, that's for sure.
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

The real problem started with Clinton and NAFTA. I despise her just as much as Trump but at least the Republican Congress could of stonewalled her. (Here's to the Republican Senate not confirming Obama's pick). *******

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
        Eh, what. The problem is where are the manufacturing jobs that actually pay higher wages and create superior, sustainable employment? The Auto industry is barely sustainable with US labor.

Not making iphones and trinkets, that's for sure.
        Given the sales rate of iphones, that would not be a bad situation.

Trump seems to be ready to kill Bobo's mileage restrictions on US-built vehicles, which should make US automakers much more competitive.

Unless politicians start concerning themselves with creating a political climate that fosters private sector jobs, 2016 is just the tip of the iceberg. People are getting fed up with the demise of the American Dream, and with a job market that looks to only include a very few.

People have made comments about the Wiemar Republic, and there is merit to that argument. When a large enough sector of the population becomes disillusioned, dangerous things can happen.

Bobo, through design or incompetence, has worsened the economic forecast with ever-increasing burdens of regulation in the name of climate change while weakening the government ability to maintain order.

The government had best convince the American people that they on on their side before it is too late.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionhearti View Post
          The real problem started with Clinton and NAFTA. I despise her just as much as Trump but at least the Republican Congress could of stonewalled her. (Here's to the Republican Senate not confirming Obama's pick). *******
          Congress cannot stop ExOrds, nor prevent appointees from piling on regulatory burdens that make US firms unable to compete in the global market.

If the Hillabeast won that was our fallback position, but like Bobo she could have done critical damage even without Congress.

Never settle for a fallback position; always go for the win. And we won: the Hillabeast is defeated.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
            Mr Icon ,is this a gag ,or is this a real add?
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              Mr Icon ,is this a gag ,or is this a real add?
              real

Comment

APPL earns most of the profits in the global smart phone industry, manufactures in Asia, and the industry is already saturated with margins stagnant. It's going to decline a great deal soon and in a few years, it'll be in their dog days.

A $2,000 I-phone is simply not sustainable given market forces.

Now, if the Gov't try to boost up big ticket items like manufacture of aircraft and large scale, complex equipment then there is a possibility. EG. Boeing could receive a boost of resources to finally crush Airbus in winning contracts and become the dominant global supplier.

GE could become the dominant global supplier in various types of high tech hardware.

There are small pockets of innovation, like Drone manufacture and Green tech. Obama's Green economy never came to pass in these years. Too immature and uneconomical.

Refund NASA? Unlikely so far and it even if it did it may not spill over into global demand.

Trump would have to put out extensive export policies but so far there is no evidence in his rhetoric and his advisors that he will do something so radical.

The Tax cut stuff will not expand the middle class in a significant way.

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Given the sales rate of iphones, that would not be a bad situation.

Trump seems to be ready to kill Bobo's mileage restrictions on US-built vehicles, which should make US automakers much more competitive. ..
                The government had best convince the American people that they on on their side before it is too late.
                Agreed that Obama is completely demoralizing.

Comment

Also: ship manufacture. A lot of market share was taken away by Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionhearti View Post
                    Republican Congress did NOTHING to stop Obamism. BHO ignored them and they acquiesced as lap dogs .

That's why the GOP basis choosed Trump as candidate;they had enough of the Rinos at Capitol Hill, who voted as they were dictated by their donors .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      Republican Congress did NOTHING to stop
                      Obamism.
                      BHO ignored them and they acquiesced as lap dogs .

That's why the GOP basis choosed Trump as candidate;they had enough of the Rinos at Capitol Hill, who voted as they were dictated by their donors .
                      I didn't know Obama was an "ism" now!
                      My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                      GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                      Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                        I didn't know Obama was an "ism" now!
                        The American Spectator of MAY 5 2009

The four pillars of Obamaism ( I wrote : Obamism )

Cosmopolitanism

Soft Power

Appeasement

Global Meliorism

The author was very prescient

Comment

Interesting....
                          My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                          GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                          Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            The American Spectator of MAY 5 2009

The four pillars of Obamaism ( I wrote : Obamism )

Cosmopolitanism

Soft Power

Appeasement

Global Meliorism

The author was very prescient

Fall/Winter 2016 Men's Collection for our Belgian friend.

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X