No announcement yet.

Hillary's popular vote lead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing the popular vote cuts into President-elect Trump's and the Republican party's political capital going forward. I also think it increases his vulnerability to investigation and scandal. Trump won, but it's not the victory a president necessarily wants. The good news is pubic opinion can be swayed very quickly by understanding how voters think.

To Trump's credit, I don't think he is dismissing the popular vote. His victory speech had the tone of a concession. I saw in a interview one of his campaign people talking about a "victory tour". He was corrected on air by someone who described it as a "Thank you tour." The effort has improved public opinion of President-elect Trump.

As for the recount.............As BorderRuffian noted, Stein's is focusing on just three states, all won by Trump. It would make more sense to have a sample that include places where Mrs. Clinton won. The effort is doomed to failure in any event. Even if voter fraud was uncovered, I don't see the American public going for a change in the results. There could be investigations, but the bottom line is Trump won.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      There are only 2 systems possible for the US : The system where the EV are deciding who will be president , or the system where the PV are deciding who will be president .

If one chooses the latter, one will always have minority presidents with some 20 % of the PV .

If there are 10 candidates
      A with 20 %

B with 19 %
      C with 16 %

etc

and A becomes president ,what will be his moral authority ?

The present system has as result that the person with the majority of the EV mostly has also the majority of the PV. A better system does not exist .

The PV system is worse, much worse .It will also cause fraud and dispute : if with the present system there is still (after 14 days ) no official result of Michigan, how long will it take with the PV system to have an official result ? Months ?
      The real danger with the later is that you get a true extremist and that ends in dictatorship.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
        No candidate received a majority vote. Not Trump - not Hillary.

Trump probably received a majority of the American vote. Hillary got the Mexican vote.

Hillary got the dumb people vote.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

This recount thing is just an exercise of futility, it's like clinging to a straw in a malestrom, these Idiots need to give up and admit that they have lost, stop wasting time and money, go home Jill Stein!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            This recount thing is just an exercise of futility, it's like clinging to a straw in a malestrom, these Idiots need to give up and admit that they have lost, stop wasting time and money, go home Jill Stein!
            I'm starting to believe that the winey bitches need to get out of politics and just stay at home baking cookies.
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

[QUOTE=Massena;3293665][QUOTE=ljadw;3293640]
              Originally posted by Massena View Post

But there were not that many presidents...you brought up presidents, not the number of elections...maybe you should get your data and information correct before launching into a discussion on the US system and making a hash of it.

And no one said that Trump's percentage was not sufficient enough to be president.

You are creating a strawman argument for whatever purpose I have absolutely no idea.

I said : 7 presidents ELECTED .

And yes, the fact that Trump did not get 50 + 1 was used as an argument .

You can't use the PV as an argument, because both candidates had less than 50 %,and 48% is not better than 46 % .

Comment

We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  Agree-when it's over, it's over. Time to move on.
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    Hillary got the dumb people vote.
                    Is that why you voted for Hillary Clinton?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      Is that why you voted for Hillary Clinton?
                      Common sense told me otherwise. :thump:

Plus, she almost joined the Marines.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Working...
                      X