• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Gov. Nikki Haley ---> UN Ambassador

Trump picks South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be US ambassador to UN

By Jim Acosta, Sara Murray and Eugene Scott, CNN
    Updated 7:56 AM ET, Wed November 23, 2016

(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump has picked South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be the US ambassador to the United Nations, according to multiple sources familiar with the decision.

An official Trump transition announcement is expected later Wednesday.
    Haley, who is the the daughter of Indian immigrants, has already carved out a legacy for herself, serving as her home state's first female and first minority governor.

Haley was also among those being considered by Trump for secretary of state. Her pick leaves former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and a handful of others among those still in the running for the top diplomat position.

[...]

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politi...un-ambassador/

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Trump picks South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be US ambassador to UN

By Jim Acosta, Sara Murray and Eugene Scott, CNN
    Updated 7:56 AM ET, Wed November 23, 2016

(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump has picked South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be the US ambassador to the United Nations, according to multiple sources familiar with the decision.

An official Trump transition announcement is expected later Wednesday.
    Haley, who is the the daughter of Indian immigrants, has already carved out a legacy for herself, serving as her home state's first female and first minority governor.

Haley was also among those being considered by Trump for secretary of state. Her pick leaves former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and a handful of others among those still in the running for the top diplomat position.

[...]

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politi...un-ambassador/

Nikki Haley is likely a good choice, proving yet again that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
      Nikki Haley is likely a good choice, proving yet again that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
      Not if it is a 24hr clock
      Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
        Not if it is a 24hr clock
        Or an electronic LED display one...

Comment

What exactly is Trump's policy regarding the UN?
          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
            What exactly is Trump's policy regarding the UN?
            I'm not sure, but I'd hope it's "F...k all of you!" or something along those lines. The UN is a singularly ineffective and useless organization.

Comment

Very good, Trump shows that he can put campaign rhetoric behind him and move on with getting the job done.
              (unlike Mugyn Kelly)

This is considered a plum assignment, but I was a little disappointed when I heard it. nOt sure why, but I think that Nikki could handle a more important job.

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X