No announcement yet.

Deplorables Cometh, Everyone Runneth !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deplorables Cometh, Everyone Runneth !

Okay…. ‘These people’ (note no PC apology for calling that) have made their point(s).
    They’re as mad as hell and they’re not going to take it anymore (hey sounds like a good line for a movie!)
    [BTW and just for the record the film was anti-capitalist, anti-populist, anti-reality TV (before the term or phenomenon even existed), anti-demagogue and anti-nationalist in other words anti- just about everything many deplorables might support!
    So they need to be careful if they’re thinking of appropriating the slogan for their ‘cause’].

Look people, anyone who’s read my stuff on the ACG Forum knows I’m pretty sharp (I can’t imagine anyone wouldn’t read it please don’t tell me some of you don’t).

I get these people are feeling disregarded, down-hearted, discouraged, dispossessed, disremembered and disadvantaged (did I miss anything?)

I get they’ve long felt the victims of, and have been raging against the effects of globalisation, redundancy, political correctness, affirmative action, elitist exclusivity, multi-culturalism, media bias etc.
    Sick of being ignored, laughed at, satirised, patronised, stereotyped.
    Concerned about lost American industrial might, waning US influence, ‘illegals’, China, ‘them’ etc
    I get that they want to shout ‘Enough is enough! WHAT ABOUT US!!'
    Right, I get that.

Well they found their unlikely champion, a multi-billionaire, multiple bankrupt, serial groper, showman extraordinaire.
    A man who promised to make the US ‘great again’ and make his supporters no longer ‘the forgotten ones’ and who crystalized their fears, prejudices and wishful thoughts.
    Now and against all odds and expectations, they’ve won the Electoral College votes required to elect a President (despite losing the popular vote by 1.5 million votes).

Well as Napoleons’ Marshals said as they stood in the Kremlin surrounded by Moscow’s smoking ruins “Errr…..Sire….What now?

Well??

The coverage of ‘Trumps people’ has been restlessly negative in much of the mainstream Australian media.
    Commentators have referred to their rise as everything from ‘The March of the Morons’ to ‘a deluge of deplorable dunces’.
    So I find it kind of hard to get a positive balance or counterpoise.

Whatever the divisions were that existed prior to Nov 8 they must surely have been exacerbated by this result?

Given the openly divisive and savagely derisive nature of his campaign any attempt by Trump to ‘unite’ the country will seem laughable and virtually an insult to the intelligence of those who voted for Clinton, who despite her many faults at least ran a ‘unity is best’ campaign.

America has made a very worrying choice:

White supremacists openly emboldened, protectionists feeling triumphant (I thought the GOP was free trade?), economists bewildered, the rest of the world dumbstruck, minorities genuinely apprehensive.

As I said, what now?

Interested in your ideas

Regards lodestar

Lodestar is as sharp as a sponge.

Radical groups come out of the woodwork after every general election because the media will pay attention to them.

This is nothing new, nothing exciting, and a great deal of what has been reported is in fact nothing, ie, fiction.

In a word, melodrama.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      In a word, melodrama.
      Well, take a look at the board now.
      90% of the threads are all attack-threads against Trump and his supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        Well, take a look at the board now.
        90% of the threads are all attack-threads against Trump and his supporters.
        The lamentation of the liberals: is there a sweeter noise in all the world?
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

He ran on a list of specific action items, a contract* with American Voters;
          https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_lan...ontractv02.pdf
          https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contract/

* Contracts being a concept many liberal arts majors have difficulty grasping.

There is a thread discussing such;
          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=174106

Perhaps one as sharp as a sponge didn't see or grasp this.

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

Okay…. ‘These people’ (note no PC apology for calling that) have made their point(s).
            They’re as mad as hell and they’re not going to take it anymore (hey sounds like a good line for a movie!)

It was a good line for a movie, long ago.

Meanwhile, back at Reality Base Camp, you're doing what all of the Clinton Sodomites have done - predicting a major apocalypse based on absolutely nothing, except the need to manufacture a non-crisis in order to feel good about your own alleged superiority.

Give it a rest. OBAMA is still the president until January of next year.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X