Gov't climate scientists “not going to stand” for interference from Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov't climate scientists “not going to stand” for interference from Trump

I've been through three M&A's since 2001... If I ever warned the incoming CEO that I was “not going to stand” for any interference with my work... I'd have been out the door faster than schist through goose...
    Gavin Schmidt, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, has “warned” President-elect Donald Trump not to interfere with their climate activities. Schmidt maintains the GISS global temperature series, arguably the most adjusted of all the global temperature products.
    ‘Global warming doesn’t care about the election’: Nasa scientist warns Donald Trump over interference

Senior Nasa scientist suggests he could resign if Donald Trump tries to skew climate change research results.

A senior Nasa scientist has told Donald Trump he is wrong if he thinks climate change is not happening and warned the President-elect that government scientists are “not going to stand” for any interference with their work.

Mr Trump has described global warming as a “hoax” perpetrated by China, vowed to unratify the landmark Paris Agreement and appointed a renowned climate-change denier to a senior environmental position in his transition team.

The science community and environmental campaigners in the US have already begun efforts to persuade Mr Trump that climate change is actually real before he takes office next year.

Dr Gavin Schmidt, the director of Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, signalled they would have allies among the federal science agencies.

[...]

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/...mate-division/

Since Dr. Schmidt, who replaced million dollar bureaucrat and recidivist James Hansen, is not a political appointee and is probably protected by civil service laws, Pres. Trump probably won't be able to fire him... But he could zero-out NASA's budget for anything not directly related to astronautics and space operations.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

All you need to do is offer grants to disprove global warming. Those same scientists who supported it will fall all over themselves disproving it.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      All you need to do is offer grants to disprove global warming. Those same scientists who supported it will fall all over themselves disproving it.
      Believe it!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Let them grovel on their knees then for more funding!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          You're absolutely right about that.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X