Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chump Settles. Lies.*yawn*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ThoseDeafMutes View Post
    After 8 years of juvenile (and occasionally outright racist) nicknames for Barack Obama, threads complaining every time he breathed or tried to fulfil a standard duty of the POTUS you lot better strap in. Because now we have an actually incompetent person with no experience about to fill those shoes.
    We just finished eight years of incompetent with no experience, other than "community organizing", so don't see how it could get any worse. The new replacement at least had some success in the money/wealth making world, which we can't say for outgoing BHO.
    Last edited by G David Bock; 21 Nov 16, 18:04.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Sergio View Post
      You are saying that in all recorded history protests this serious have never been seen before?
      If by "serious" you mean the rioting, looting, traffic blockage, stone and molotov cocktail tossing, assaults, etc. than yes we've seen it all before.
      We've seen it, over the past 40 years, always from the same political faction of left-wingnut scum.

      "Protest" as in peacefully assemble (per our Constitution) is not what has happened since Nov. 9th.

      Not only did we "anti-Obama" TEA Party protesters NOT riot/pillage/loot, we picked up our trash and litter afterward.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        Please don't use Autism when denigrating people. If you want to insult, there are many other words that can be used (Especially when it comes to the Liberal-Left). Others on this site have used them, I'm sure that if you look in the archives you will find some choice words too.

        Be aware that I and others on this site have children with Autism.

        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...light=Autistic

        Paul
        You're going to appeal to this crowd to be compassionate? Are you drunk?
        John

        Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Unlike your murdering candidate?
          There was a candidate that had been convicted of murder? Really, or are you just making this up because you have nothing intelligent to say?
          John

          Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ThoseDeafMutes View Post
            After 8 years of juvenile (and occasionally outright racist) nicknames for Barack Obama, threads complaining every time he breathed or tried to fulfil a standard duty of the POTUS you lot better strap in. Because now we have an actually incompetent person with no experience about to fill those shoes.
            I will only address your second point, because I don't believe disagreeing with BO or calling him names (Like "shrub"?) is necessarily racist.
            That said, I agree that Trump has no experience and that concerns me. It also concerned me with BO. I think my concerns were valid as events have proven them out, but that is a different issue.

            The point is that the left dismissed those concerns about inexperience and hinted it was racist to suggest it. Or BO's status as the smartest man in the world meant experience wasn't necessary.
            As a result, I think the left, in general, no longer has any credibility when complaining about inexperience. (That isn't directed at you)

            Going back to Trump I hope he surrounds himself with knowledgeable people who don't turn out to be simply "yes men".
            As for Hillary, she had experience, but events proved that her instincts were always wrong.
            I think that is a loose quote of something pedestal said in one of his hacked emails.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

            Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              1) At least the Republicans had the decency to not pervert their convention.
              2) I see very few liberals with defensible moral standard and suspect that is why they project their degeneracy on others and appropriate victimhood.
              3)You don't need to be a racist or misogynist to undermine the moral fabric of a nation.
              4) When the people who through their labor make civilization possible can be labeled as deplorable while at the same time ignoring the fact that 70 percent of one group of your supporters oppose gay rights you have reached a level of cognitive dissonance that disqualifies you from public office by reason of insanity.
              1) Hard to pervert anything when it's all so squeaky clean. Not a single vice dared to rear its head for the duration (well, excepting plagiarism, but that's maybe excusable if you're challenged by English).
              2) Neither do I, I'd be the first person to admit I'm a completely unrepentant and incorrigible sinner. But knowing that makes me free, so there's no need for projection or victimhood.
              3) True, but it surely helps.
              4) I'm confused here, but do agree that Trump is not the full shilling, though fortunately for us all he has pence to fall back on.
              Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
              (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                We just finished eight years of incompetent with no experience, other than "community organizing", so don't see how it could get any worse. The new replacement at least had some success in the money/wealth making world, which we can't say for outgoing BHO.
                Historically, presidents have had military experience, political experience, or both prior to assuming the role. Trump is uniquely unqualified for the role - the standard point of comparison for this is Reagan, as a "political outsider", but Reagan was governor of California for 8 years prior to his presidency and served in non-combat roles prior to and during World War II.

                Barack Obama was a trained lawyer, working not just as a "community organizer", but as a civil rights attorney and served three terms as a state senator, followed by one term as a US senator. To say he lacked political experience is simply factually inaccurate. His 'incompetence' was legendary - on this forum and in conservative circles, at least. In other countries he is regarded as a fairly good, stable president, although not "great". In democrat circles his presidency is regarded as "good under the circumstances", i.e. that he faced significant obstructionism from Republicans and did well considering that. His primary failing for these people is usually more that the ACA was limp compared to what it could have been as a single payer system, rather than a bizarre frankenstein creation that satified few. For not getting America stuck in a decade long quagmire of a war, he is assuredly going to be remembered better in the long view than somebody like Bush Jr.

                Trump has business successes, he also has numerous business failures and he inherited major wealth from his father. The United States is not a corporation, and should not be run "like a Business". He's not an economist, he's not a general, he's not a lawyer, he's not a politician. His life experience is of marginal relevance to the tasks he is expected to fulfill as POTUS.

                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                I will only address your second point, because I don't believe disagreeing with BO or calling him names (Like "shrub"?) is necessarily racist.
                That said, I agree that Trump has no experience and that concerns me. It also concerned me with BO. I think my concerns were valid as events have proven them out, but that is a different issue.

                The point is that the left dismissed those concerns about inexperience and hinted it was racist to suggest it. Or BO's status as the smartest man in the world meant experience wasn't necessary.
                As a result, I think the left, in general, no longer has any credibility when complaining about inexperience. (That isn't directed at you)

                Going back to Trump I hope he surrounds himself with knowledgeable people who don't turn out to be simply "yes men".
                As for Hillary, she had experience, but events proved that her instincts were always wrong.
                I think that is a loose quote of something pedestal said in one of his hacked emails.
                As I stated above, BO did have political experience, Illinois senator followed by US senator, and his background as a lawyer is reasonably consistent with some other presidents. Forgetting whether you believe BO had "enough" experience or whether you liked his presidency, there is no point of comparion to Trump, a complete outsider.

                Regarding nicknames, it depends. One like "Bobo" has connotations regarding the famous Gorilla of the same name (or if you're a MST3ker, Professor Bobo, a Gorilla scientist), or perhaps the Bobo people of Africa. Other people have had this nickname over the years too, but not used as a insult. And "Bobo" is not the worst nickname I've heard for Obama coming out of the mouths of conservatives.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ThoseDeafMutes View Post
                  I live on planet Earth, where the United States is the most powerful nation and current hegemon. It's everybody's concern.
                  Not even a little bit.

                  What we do or don't do is none of your business.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                    1) Hard to pervert anything when it's all so squeaky clean. Not a single vice dared to rear its head for the duration (well, excepting plagiarism, but that's maybe excusable if you're challenged by English).
                    Both Barak and Michelle have been accused of plagiarism (for those that do not admit the inconvenient truth. In fact, the Michelle speech that Melania was accused of stealing from was itself accused of plagiarism shortly after it was given.

                    3) True, but it surely helps.
                    Especially when the media demonizes someone with misquotes, out-of-context, exaggeration, and intentionally repeating lies parroted by ignorant people that want to believe what they want.

                    4) I'm confused here
                    Yes you are. Try to diversify your news outlets.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ThoseDeafMutes View Post
                      Historically, presidents have had military experience, political experience, or both prior to assuming the role. Trump is uniquely unqualified for the role - the standard point of comparison for this is Reagan, as a "political outsider", but Reagan was governor of California for 8 years prior to his presidency and served in non-combat roles prior to and during World War II.

                      Barack Obama was a trained lawyer, working not just as a "community organizer", but as a civil rights attorney and served three terms as a state senator, followed by one term as a US senator. To say he lacked political experience is simply factually inaccurate. His 'incompetence' was legendary - on this forum and in conservative circles, at least. In other countries he is regarded as a fairly good, stable president, although not "great". In democrat circles his presidency is regarded as "good under the circumstances", i.e. that he faced significant obstructionism from Republicans and did well considering that. His primary failing for these people is usually more that the ACA was limp compared to what it could have been as a single payer system, rather than a bizarre frankenstein creation that satified few. For not getting America stuck in a decade long quagmire of a war, he is assuredly going to be remembered better in the long view than somebody like Bush Jr.

                      Trump has business successes, he also has numerous business failures and he inherited major wealth from his father. The United States is not a corporation, and should not be run "like a Business". He's not an economist, he's not a general, he's not a lawyer, he's not a politician. His life experience is of marginal relevance to the tasks he is expected to fulfill as POTUS.



                      As I stated above, BO did have political experience, Illinois senator followed by US senator, and his background as a lawyer is reasonably consistent with some other presidents. Forgetting whether you believe BO had "enough" experience or whether you liked his presidency, there is no point of comparion to Trump, a complete outsider.

                      Regarding nicknames, it depends. One like "Bobo" has connotations regarding the famous Gorilla of the same name (or if you're a MST3ker, Professor Bobo, a Gorilla scientist), or perhaps the Bobo people of Africa. Other people have had this nickname over the years too, but not used as a insult. And "Bobo" is not the worst nickname I've heard for Obama coming out of the mouths of conservatives.

                      Yes, BO had political experience, but none actually running anything.
                      He was a pretty much nonexistent as a State Senator. I live in Illinois and reviewed a good part of his legislative record out of curiosity and while his name was put on numerous bills (frequently after it was submitted meaning he didn't have anything to do with it), he was responsible for only one piece of legislation. And that item was stupid. BO's law required State cops to write a report regarding every contact they had with a minority. Even if they just gave the guy directions.
                      BO's perspective was that the cops had to prove they didn't do anything wrong even when there were no complaints.
                      So, the cops had to spend time writing reports about nothing instead of actually doing their jobs.

                      I wouldn't put much weight on BO's experience, he did squat in government even as a US senator.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X