Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON Level Reduced to Safest Level After Trump Election Victory

Peace is a good thing, isn't it?

The Defcon Warning System, a private organisation which monitors world events and estimates the nuclear threat against America, is now at Level 5 - its lowest possible state.

Just weeks ago the warning was accelerated to Level 3 following increased tensions between US and Russia, with insiders fearing the West was creeping closer to nuclear war.

Level 3 means US troops could be mobilised in as little as 15 minutes.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...5-safest-level
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Where's Trump's Nobel Peace Prize?
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

That's a private organization that has no correlation to what our armed forces actual Defcon level is.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        That's a private organization that has no correlation to what our armed forces actual Defcon level is.
        Yep

Another thing from the same site in June this year

http://www.snopes.com/defcon-warning...scalated-to-3/

Watch this spread through social media without proper context though. "DEFCON warning system" has no inside information and does not reflect the actual US military DEFCON readiness, which has not reached level 3 since September 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          Sure if you want to take a glorified blogs word on it, why not.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Sure if you want to take a glorified blogs word on it, why not.
            So, Hillary did not blame Russia for election tampering and the WikiLeaks? Hillary supporters did not scream bloody murder over Trump and Putin having nice things to say about each other? Putin did not say he was ready to work with Trump? Why is your love for Hillary and hate for Trump so great that you can never accept anything positive about Trump?
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Because he is a Democratic hack?
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

This is great news...

its also ammuntition for me! Nearly every hillary supporter I ran into locally that rubbished "The donald" brought up this hysterical scenario as the one reason 'they' wouldn't vote for Trump in a month of sundays..."He'll press the button!!!" was the cry that went up...

It will be with a great sense of personal satisfaction that I'm able to inform them, that, despite the media filling their heads full of taurus excretia over this issue, the world is actually a SAFER place for from the election of one Donald Trump...."The Donald"

A Very smug Drusus
                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

So, Hillary did not blame Russia for election tampering and the WikiLeaks? Hillary supporters did not scream bloody murder over Trump and Putin having nice things to say about each other? Putin did not say he was ready to work with Trump? Why is your love for Hillary and hate for Trump so great that you can never accept anything positive about Trump?
                  German intel is saying the same thing with Russian hackers interfering in politics.

Why can't you except anything negative about Trump?

CE wasn't a Clinton supporter,. He has said that more than once. Get over it and quit your whining. You'll dry out. I doubt you'll stop hearing about negative Trump comments just like we've had 8 years of negative Obama and before that 8 years of negative Bush.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The US Intelligence system blamed the Russians for the email hack of Podesta, the campaign picked it up.

The US Intelligence system warned that Russia might attempt to disrupt the US Election, the campaign simply echoed that.

I have no liking for Mrs Clinton, did not support her. The fact that you can't accept that is not of my concern.

I have not hate for President Elect Trump. I think this election will through the course of his time end up poorly for our country. I hope I'm wrong.

Your post and my answer in it has nothing to do with President Elect Trump. You posted a bit from what is basically a Blog and claimed that the tensions between the US and Russian have gone down. I simply implied that I don't but much weight to such a website. Especially one that uses an actual DoD term, DEFCON, to try to gain 'authority' on the subject.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                      Because he is a Democratic hack?
                      Lots of partisan bitterness here.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                        This is great news...

its also ammuntition for me! Nearly every hillary supporter I ran into locally that rubbished "The donald" brought up this hysterical scenario as the one reason 'they' wouldn't vote for Trump in a month of sundays..."He'll press the button!!!" was the cry that went up...

It will be with a great sense of personal satisfaction that I'm able to inform them, that, despite the media filling their heads full of taurus excretia over this issue, the world is actually a SAFER place for from the election of one Donald Trump...."The Donald"

A Very smug Drusus
                        It's not news, unless you consider a Blog a good source of what the international 'stage' doing.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yup, Trump has done nothing at all and some are proclaiming "Peace in our time".

Nonetheless, I think in a sense it is partially and very temporarily true.

Putin is the single greatest short and medium term threat to the West and this has been the case since the start of the Ukraine crisis. Islamic terrorism may be the greater long term threat but the threat of actual total war and thermonuclear war comes from the pointless posturing and brinkmanship demonstrated by Putin combined with the possibility that such stupidity may trigger NATO treaty obligations. To the extend that somehow Putin and Trump imagine themselves to have reached a content-free accord, then I suppose that makes the world safer.

It is doubtful how long that will last once a clueless Trump seriously turns his mind for probably the very first time to real world foreign policy instead of empty campaign sound-bites.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                            (...)
                            It is doubtful how long that will last once a clueless Trump seriously turns his mind for probably the very first time to real world foreign policy instead of empty campaign sound-bites.
                            I expect a hand-shake moment in relation to Syria, where they'll agree to cooperate to clean up the last of IS after Mosul falls.

Other than that I don't really see what they can offer each other.
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Living 500 meters next door to a major US Mil Cmd, there has been NO change to our DEFCON.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X