No announcement yet.

Syrian President Calls Donald Trump a 'Natural Ally' in Fight Against Terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syrian President Calls Donald Trump a 'Natural Ally' in Fight Against Terrorism

This is a step in the right direction wrt repairing Syrian-US relations.

LONDON — President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, in his first remarks since the American election, has called President-elect Donald J. Trump “a natural ally, together with the Russians, Iranians and many other countries” in the struggle against terrorism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/wo...ural-ally.html
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Were there ever Syrian-US relations ? What might they have been ?
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      This is a step in the right direction wrt repairing Syrian-US relations.

LONDON — President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, in his first remarks since the American election, has called President-elect Donald J. Trump “a natural ally, together with the Russians, Iranians and many other countries” in the struggle against terrorism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/wo...ural-ally.html
      And whose fault was it that they have to be repaired ?

Hint : for the moment he is in Berlin scratching the back of the Angelabeast .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

No, the US and Syria have had virtually no relations since they invaded/faught Israel in 1948, 1967, 1973 and 1982. After that they supplied weaponary to the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon as they continued to fight Israel for 20+ years.

So the need to repair relations has nothing to do with President Obama.

History, its a good thing to know.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yeah and seems heartbroken that his little war with Russia seems to be dwindling away. I watched part of his speech and he was so busy patting himself on the back it was rather pathetic, it was like he knew his legacy was a utter failure and he was trying to shore it up.

And Merkle looked like she was bummed out that she tied her life raft to a sinking ship...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Yeah and seems heartbroken that his little war with Russia seems to be dwindling away. I watched part of his speech and he was so busy patting himself on the back it was rather pathetic, it was like he knew his legacy was a utter failure and he was trying to shore it up.

And Merkle looked like she was bummed out that she tied her life raft to a sinking ship...

Yup. Bobo screwed the pooch in Syria, Egypt, and Libya.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              No, the US and Syria have had virtually no relations since they invaded/faught Israel in 1948, 1967, 1973 and 1982. After that they supplied weaponary to the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon as they continued to fight Israel for 20+ years.

So the need to repair relations has nothing to do with President Obama.

History, its a good thing to know.
              Who was insulting Assad at the UN assembly,calling him dictator and shouting that he had to disappear?

Who was arming terrorist groups (including ISIS ) to fight against Assad ?

And there was no Syrian invasion of Israel in 1982 .Today's relations between both countries are reasonably good : Israel is exporting apples to Syria and Israel is not attacking Syria and not helping the enemies of Assad .
              Last edited by ljadw; 18 Nov 16, 10:32.

Comment

Who was insulting Assad at the UN assembly,calling him dictator and shouting that he had to disappear?

Who was arming terrorist groups (including ISIS ) to fight against Assad ?
                We are. Does not support your point. The US has not had good relations with the Syrians in over 70 years. Simple fact.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

We are. Does not support your point. The US has not had good relations with the Syrians in over 70 years. Simple fact.
                  NO :Syria cooperated with the US during the Gulf War and after 9/11,warning the US about Al Qaeda attacks .

Nixon visited Damascus in 1974 .

Comment

NO :Syria cooperated with the US during the Gulf War and after 9/11,warning the US about Al Qaeda attacks .

Nixon visited Damascus in 1974 .
                    You mistake any of that for good relations or even relations.

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/list/c14151.htm

US government declared Syria a state supporter of Terrorism in 1979. Every US President since that has maintained that designation.

Countries determined by the Secretary of State to have repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism are designated pursuant to three laws: section 6(j) of the Export Administration Act, section 40 of the Arms Export Control Act, and section 620A of the Foreign Assistance Act. Taken together, the four main categories of sanctions resulting from designation under these authorities include restrictions on U.S. foreign assistance; a ban on defense exports and sales; certain controls over exports of dual use items; and miscellaneous financial and other restrictions.

Designation under the above-referenced authorities also implicates other sanctions laws that penalize persons and countries engaging in certain trade with state sponsors. Currently there are three countries designated under these authorities: Iran, Sudan, and Syria.
                    So TWO of Russia's primary allies in the ME are supporters of terrorism.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

"I never talked to the guy living next door to me cause I didn't like him. So when I punched him in the face on the street just because, you totally can't say I spoiled my relationship with him. Cause we never had any relationship to begin with"
                      www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                        "I never talked to the guy living next door to me cause I didn't like him. So when I punched him in the face on the street just because, you totally can't say I spoiled my relationship with him. Cause we never had any relationship to begin with"
                        The bold part is basically true. Immaterial but true.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Assad, entirely fitting to the average attitude in that region, is a dictator and he couldn't care less about the lives of the Syrians, so long as he can remain in power.
                            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                              Assad, entirely fitting to the average attitude in that region, is a dictator and he couldn't care less about the lives of the Syrians, so long as he can remain in power.
                              And fitting my attitude about the entire region, I couldn't care less about the lives of Syrians so long as their toils don't go to support the terrorists that just can't seem to leave my country the F*** alone.

Sounds like Assad and I could find common ground.
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X