X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    I have read elsewhere that if Trump doesn't get the required 270 because electors refuse to do their job, the election gets thrown into the GOP controlled House of Representatives.
    I'm thinking they won't vote for Hillary either.
    And you read correctly, but it won't happen!

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    Will there be a safe vacant seat ?
    There's always somewhere that the current holder has such a majority that if his party fielded a chimp with the right colour rosette they would vote for it.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Will there be a safe vacant seat ?

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    She is a far less known commodity than Hillary whom people like me have despised for over 25 years now and unless she makes a big splash in politics the next ten years or so I see nothing there.
    I hope that you are right. It could be just my jaundiced view of politics but I would be prepared to bet money that she gets shunted into the first available vacant safe seat.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    It's over for the mother. Plenty of time for the daughter to brush up on the family business.
    She is a far less known commodity than Hillary whom people like me have despised for over 25 years now and unless she makes a big splash in politics the next ten years or so I see nothing there.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Wasn't it Stalin (or similar?) whom said; "Doesn't matter whom the people vote for, what matters is whom counts the votes ... "

After Dec. 19th we hopefully have resolution.

I have read elsewhere that if Trump doesn't get the required 270 because electors refuse to do their job, the election gets thrown into the GOP controlled House of Representatives.
    I'm thinking they won't vote for Hillary either.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Wasn't it Stalin (or similar?) whom said; "Doesn't matter whom the people vote for, what matters is whom counts the votes ... "

:
    Maybe it was mayor Daley of Chicago .

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied

Wm Marcy "Boss" Tweed

If electors are not to be held to a pledge, then what's the point in having electors? Do the partisans calling for electors to break their pledges have any idea of the constitutional crisis that will precipitate? After that it's not about the candidate: it's about the whole system -- theirs included.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    And Hillary is very good in counting .. the money of the Clinton Foundation and the other bribes .

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Martok View Post
    Over? There is actually a serious push for the electors in the EC to refuse to cast their votes for Trump. Where the Clinton's are concerned, one can never count on their accepting defeat.

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Over? There is actually a serious push for the electors in the EC to refuse to cast their votes for Trump. Where the Clinton's are concerned, one can never count on their accepting defeat.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Hopefully, both the Clinton and Bush dynasties are over.
    Amen,

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by the ace View Post
    Beluchi ? Culture ?
    First of all, it's Belushi. John Belushi.

And second, if men wearing skirts is culture, then so is John Belushi.

OK, I may be a barbarian
    May be?

but I'm at least familiar with the works of Scott, Conan Doyle, Stephenson......
    But you're not familiar with the works of Doug Kenny and Harold Ramis. Therefore, you are uncultured, like milk fresh out of a cow's udder.

Rimshot

As for Hillary, stick a fork in her. She's done -- at least the politically relevant era of her life.

And here's to hoping her snot little b*tch kid's political career doesn't advance beyond its current stage.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    replied
    Pacific Ocean has been too crazy to go fishing the last few days so I had to use the never fail Bluto speech bait to catch a couple of fish while trolling. Never fails to hook a couple

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Well, she won't be able to hustle any more money from people that think she could make President someday.
    There go the huge speaking fees, and the Foundation is under the microscope... they might have to give more than 10% to actual charity work now.

Endorsements? Yeah, for people who crave the kiss of death!

Yeah, I'd say it is over, but there is always Princess Chelsea...
    I bet idiots will still be giving her money.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X