Taxing Time In America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxing Time In America

So I started the election tired and worn down from school, the doc telling me to slow down and rest. I kind of listened to him.

But the last couple of days, I'm starting to feel like I've just got no more compassion, that I'm spent, and tired of everyone hating each other. I just want to move on past this period of hate and ill will. Is anyone else at this point, or is it just me?

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    So I started the election tired and worn down from school, the doc telling me to slow down and rest. I kind of listened to him.

But the last couple of days, I'm starting to feel like I've just got no more compassion, that I'm spent, and tired of everyone hating each other. I just want to move on past this period of hate and ill will. Is anyone else at this point, or is it just me?
    I'm with you. I quit watching tv news about six months before the election. This right vs left conflict just is boring. It's mainly millennials who are the problem. They have no idea of restraint and compassion. I predict this is going to get worse rather than better...

We really need to start going after both the media and the teachers who are teaching and preaching that its okay to hate someone who has a different pov.

Progressives are mainly the cause of this imo....
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I'm with you. I quit watching tv news about six months before the election. This right vs left conflict just is boring. It's mainly millennials who are the problem. They have no idea of restraint and compassion. I predict this is going to get worse rather than better...

We really need to start going after both the media and the teachers who are teaching and preaching that its okay to hate someone who has a different pov.

Progressives are mainly the cause of this imo....
      Erhmmm, I'm one of those teachers. I don't do that though. Most of the people I work with are good people, and they aren't preaching hate. I try to ask lots of open ended questions and let the kids determine how they feel and what they think, then I'll share my thoughts. I agree with you that things look like they're about to get a whole lot worse.

I think I need one more beer tonight...

Comment

It all depends on your point of view.

I feel energized and full of hope. The Hillabeast was struck down, Bobo's legacy is going to be trashed soon, the USSC will not be imbalanced, America rallied to do the right thing in all levels of the election, and virtually daily you can see the pendulum regarding the police swinging deeper into favorable territory.

This is history in the making. With a little luck we will see the DNC tear itself up, and 2018 will bring larger majorities to the GOP in Congress.

For the first time in eight years there is hope.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I feel energized and full of hope. The Hillabeast was struck down, Bobo's legacy is going to be trashed soon, the USSC will not be imbalanced, America rallied to do the right thing in all levels of the election, and virtually daily you can see the pendulum regarding the police swinging deeper into favorable territory.

This is history in the making. With a little luck we will see the DNC tear itself up, and 2018 will bring larger majorities to the GOP in Congress.

I can see your point of view. I'm glad the 2nd Amendment is safe and feel like Trump will be so much more supportive of police than President Obama was, but the fighting, the marches, the students chanting hateful things at school...those are things that weigh on me. Especially, my students.

I'm a centrist. I don't like conflict, but if there has to be conflict I'm a fan of the nuclear option so it ends quickly. I have a lot of friends on both sides of the political spectrum. The anger and hate weighs on me. The fighting amongst friends, and termination of friendships over stupid **** sucks! I don't like it.

I'm glad that you're hopeful. I'm glad that you're excited. I understand why you're feeling good. I don't understand the raw hatred. I have friends who won, and they're just as pissed today as they were last week. I don't understand.

Maybe tomorrow will feel better.

Comment

Nothing will change until both sides are willing to look in the mirror, acknowledge their flaws and build a bridge with their "opponent". Instead from the left, it's the right's fault. From the right, it's all the lefts fault.

It is tiring and in the end we only hurt ourselves.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Most liberals won't learn a thing and the ones that do won't see the light of being in power they hate Whitey and will rally their supporters to keep on at it.
              It's a new America from now on and they're losing.

Comment

I'll say this much............if some of us were becoming bored with national and world events..........this recent development should fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  I'll say this much............if some of us were becoming bored with national and world events..........this recent development should fix that.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    Nothing will change until both sides are willing to look in the mirror, acknowledge their flaws and build a bridge with their "opponent". Instead from the left, it's the right's fault. From the right, it's all the lefts fault.

It is tiring and in the end we only hurt ourselves.
                    that.

You never trust a liberal, because the truth is not in them.

You do not win by half measures.

You need to learn to enjoy politics. Watching Bobo weep on camera because the GOP foiled him over gun control, watching Hillary lose...these are the stuff joy is made of.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

these are the stuff joy is made of.
                      Add the recent 3 days of banning for sebfrench and life is beautiful !
                      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Been there since the beginnings of this nationally embarrassing mud fest, which is now even worse thanks to the rabid Democrats.

I quit watching the news months ago, and I stopped joining the political discussions as well. Once it;s all been said, repeating it endlessly doesn't accomplish anything except to make all of more frustrated and angry.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I for one, live in Cali so there is still no sense of relief here. My state is losing what little of a mind it had. Though I am glad Mary Jane is legalized here, not because I use it, I don't but I don't want to pay law enforcement to stop it. As for the National election I will wait and see. Hillary was terrifying to me, her distain for laws that we all have to obey but her. I was fearful of her attack on gun ownership and her choosing the next Judge or 2 for the Supreme Court. We shall see what happens over the next 4 years.

Comment

I can see your point of view. I'm glad the 2nd Amendment is safe and feel like Trump will be so much more supportive of police than President Obama was, but the fighting, the marches, the students chanting hateful things at school...those are things that weigh on me. Especially, my students.

I'm a centrist. I don't like conflict, but if there has to be conflict I'm a fan of the nuclear option so it ends quickly. I have a lot of friends on both sides of the political spectrum. The anger and hate weighs on me. The fighting amongst friends, and termination of friendships over stupid **** sucks! I don't like it.

I'm glad that you're hopeful. I'm glad that you're excited. I understand why you're feeling good. I don't understand the raw hatred. I have friends who won, and they're just as pissed today as they were last week. I don't understand.

Maybe tomorrow will feel better.
                            I hope you feel better today. I agree that the infighting is deplorable. I get tired of the hysteria. But I hope you don't let that drain out your compassion.

Have a puppy pic

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Except for the acrimonious actions of the rioting Dems and their lasting legacy of hatred, racism and violence, I would agree with you.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X