Renewal of the Democratic Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of the Democratic Party

Not just what leadership has to change but also the party's message and vision for the future?
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

The old time elites will never give up their control. Change will have to come from within. The Democrats could possibly go through a period like the GOP after Bob Dole ran and lost. This is what happens when people start claiming the Party OWES them a shot at running for President. The next time the Dems will get a shot is in two years when they vote for Representatives again. I expect some turnover as people don't seem to like a Party to control things for long.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

So long as the Democrats have a system of control in their party that lets the party leaders choose candidates (the Super Delegates, etc.), relies on big business, unions, and other larger groups that expect something for their donations, and has leadership that is open to fraud and illegal activity, their party isn't going to change.

I have to agree with Pruitt on the "the party owes me..." thing too. Many times the Democrats have run a candidate who simply was demanding "It's my turn!" Hillary was that sort. Gore was another. This sort of candidate usually does poorly because they're a mediocre candidate.

Comment

The Wall Street Journal ran two good, and I believe, correct- historical/economic pieces of the roots of the problems of the past 20 years plus being rooted in uneven economic development and disastrous policies (for the middle class) by the Clinton administration. Too much hope was placed on the growth provided by globalization and information technology & the floodgates were opened to harm two generations of people.

IMHO Obama administration's main problem was that they had no real plan for real economic growth and expanding the middle class except wealth re-distribution and environmentalist related industries.
        Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
        Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
        Barbarossa Derailed I & II
        Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
          The Wall Street Journal ran two good, and I believe, correct- historical/economic pieces of the roots of the problems of the past 20 years plus being rooted in uneven economic development and disastrous policies (for the middle class) by the Clinton administration. Too much hope was placed on the growth provided by globalization and information technology & the floodgates were opened to harm two generations of people.

IMHO Obama administration's main problem was that they had no real plan for real economic growth and expanding the middle class except wealth re-distribution and environmentalist related industries.
          Plus Bobo couldn't cope with Congress; he was no deal-maker. Economic impact comes from Congress.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X