Trump rebuilding America's Military?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even charged of criminal fraud,
    Split my coffee reading this. Do tell what is the suit against him and his University then?

Been drinking a lot of kool aid still?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
      If his team can do what they have done in the private sector, you will find that for the first time in history, weapon systems and other military projects will come on line under budget and ahead of schedule. That will certainly off the politicians and their contractors that have been getting filthy rich off the taxpayers at the expense of our military personnel.
      A Viet vet calling for Robert McNamara II...that's rich!

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
        I think Trump will take a realistic view on military funding. Building fancy toys can be a negative, i.e. the new Zumwalt ship cannot even afford to put ammo in the guns since they cost nearly $1M each. When the Navy said when they wanted it that the ammo would be much cheaper than what they use now.

Manning up the military to the personnel levels it had before Obama will be a target goal.
        Exactly.

Start with cutting the number of flag ranks and paper-pushers. Impact the tooth-to-tail ratio. Require a 30 year retirement. Focus on warmaking rather than bureaucracy.

Use improvement programs such as been done on the SP Paladin to improve gear in a cost-effective manner by upgrading existing mature designs instead of radical leaps forward.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Focus on the subject, not on fellow ACGers.

ACG Staff
          Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 14 Nov 16, 15:45.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

you will find that for the first time in history, weapon systems and other military projects will come on line under budget and ahead of schedule.
            Do you think he has a magic pill for the Mil-Industry illness?

Who is he going to find to build our warships?

Who is he going to find to build our aircraft?

Guess who? The same ones that have built them since...

No change except on who is stuffing money into their own pockets.

Try the Grape, it has more sugar in it Ron.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Focus on the subject of the thread, not your fellow ACGers.

ACG Staff
              Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 14 Nov 16, 15:50.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                He increased what his father left him a hundredfold. He has never been convicted or even charged of criminal fraud, although I expect the Bill of Rights means nothing to certain people, and in real estate ventures sub-company bankruptcies are not uncommon as the market fluctuates. Like any sort of unsecured investment there is considerable risk involved.

Your candidate lost. Deal with it.
                No, the country as a whole has lost, unfortunately. We now have an egocentric megalomaniac as the president-elect.

Suppose you explain the Bill of Rights to all of us, since you are invoking it here.

Whether or not Trump increased what his father left to him is irrelevant. What is the point is that he started with one million dollars. That isn't usual or the norm. Like I said, a silver spoon.

By the way, haven't you accused Hillary of crimes on this forum or was it someone else? If it was you don't you believe that your comment above is somewhat hypocritical? Hillary has not been convicted of any crime-just saying.

And, again, she was not my candidate. I believe both of them to be despicable and greatly flawed.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X