Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He owes nobody anything. Your system of checks & balances better work because...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by General Staff View Post
    Hehe, I've a funny feeling the GOP will have more pressing problems than a donkey to find the time (4 years?) to beat it, like the Elephant in their living room...
    Problems of Bobo's creation. We are in an excellent position.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by General Staff View Post
      Hehe, I've a funny feeling the GOP will have more pressing problems than a donkey to find the time (4 years?) to beat it, like the Elephant in their living room...

      While anything is possible, the trends haven't been good for the dem party at the State and local level.
      Even in solidly dem Illinois, the dem controlled legislature lost its veto proof majority.
      This should have been an easy win election for the GOP, but Trump made it difficult.
      Once Trump was nominated, it should have been an easy win for the Dems, but Hillary made that impossible.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
        While anything is possible, the trends haven't been good for the dem party at the State and local level.
        Even in solidly dem Illinois, the dem controlled legislature lost its veto proof majority.
        This should have been an easy win election for the GOP, but Trump made it difficult.
        Once Trump was nominated, it should have been an easy win for the Dems, but Hillary made that impossible.
        People are beginning to realize which party is responsible for all the damage that has been done to the economy, the people and the nation.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          People are beginning to realize which party is responsible for all the damage that has been done to the economy, the people and the nation.
          Very true, which is why people are out on the street.

          After 8 years underwater with all those foreign adventures and the financial crisis of 20072008, and just as we've about got our heads above water, we're about to be taken under all over again...
          Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
          (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by General Staff View Post
            Very true, which is why people are out on the street.

            After 8 years underwater with all those foreign adventures and the financial crisis of 20072008, and just as we've about got our heads above water, we're about to be taken under all over again...
            Bobo has done zip for the economy, being far more worried about importing terrorists and appeasing Iran.

            This is a large part of why Trump won: because Dems will not deliver in the area most important to voters: the economy.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by General Staff View Post
              Very true, which is why people are out on the street.

              After 8 years underwater with all those foreign adventures and the financial crisis of 20072008, and just as we've about got our heads above water, we're about to be taken under all over again...
              Obviously you understand little about economics. Our national debt nearly doubled in the last eight years, so BHO and the libtards know nothing about living within a budget, fiscal restraint, or wealth creation.

              Our economic vessel is sinking, a Trump admin might reverse that, if not too late.

              Those "out on the street" are also clueless and a major part of the problem. Rioting and burning do not an economy grow. But they are the usual actions of the economic parasites that have been putting this nation 'under water" as you say.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Deltapooh View Post
                Yes, you can, particularly with complex voter dynamics.
                Even if there was no fraud, too much is made of about Hillary's popularity vote. If we deduct the two bluest states - California and New York - where Democrats usually win by landslides anyway, Trump won the popularity vote in the other 48 states by 4 million votes.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                Prayers.

                BoRG

                http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Even if there was no fraud, too much is made of about Hillary's popularity vote. If we deduct the two bluest states - California and New York - where Democrats usually win by landslides anyway, Trump won the popularity vote in the other 48 states by 4 million votes.
                  That's an odd argument. If you started discounting red states, you'd also make her margin in the popular vote even greater. It doesn't really make his case any stronger or weaker either way.

                  Clinton legitimately lost the election, despite being the American voters preferred candidate. Both sides have to come to gripes with that simple fact. I think their supporters are focusing on only the half that most appeals to them and ignoring the other side.

                  For Republicans it's the uncomfortable fact that close to a million more American voters wanted Clinton instead Trump, meaning he was not the choice of the American voter.

                  For Dems it's the uncomfortable fact that Trump won the election in a legitimate process utilized for centuries and agreed upon by both parties beforehand, meting he is the valid victor in the electoral fight and not some illegitimate usurper.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    That's an odd argument. If you started discounting red states, you'd also make her margin in the popular vote even greater. It doesn't really make his case any stronger or weaker either way.

                    Clinton legitimately lost the election, despite being the American voters preferred candidate. Both sides have to come to gripes with that simple fact. I think their supporters are focusing on only the half that most appeals to them and ignoring the other side.

                    For Republicans it's the uncomfortable fact that close to a million more American voters wanted Clinton instead Trump, meaning he was not the choice of the American voter.

                    For Dems it's the uncomfortable fact that Trump won the election in a legitimate process utilized for centuries and agreed upon by both parties beforehand, meting he is the valid victor in the electoral fight and not some illegitimate usurper.
                    My point is that her supposed win in popularity is mainly padding from those two states and and margin does not uniformly reflect her popularity across the nation as a whole.

                    I'm not arguing the legitimacy of the election, only that her "popularity" is over-inflated in the minds of the electoral deniers.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      My point is that her supposed win in popularity is mainly padding from those two states and and margin does not uniformly reflect her popularity across the nation as a whole.

                      I'm not arguing the legitimacy of the election, only that her "popularity" is over-inflated in the minds of the electoral deniers.
                      Oh sure. Her supporters are still in shock - and they see the fact that she was the more popular candidate as vindication that Trump shouldn't have won. They'll use it as ammunition for the next four years, criticizing him as the far-right nutjob who shouldn't have won, yadda yadda.

                      It's her people who are critiquing the legitimacy right now. I mean the Trump people would have if he'd lost - voter fraud and dead democrats, remember? - but since he didn't, it's the Clinton clique trying to cast aspersions on American democracy.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Trump' appointments

                        Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        Oh sure. Her supporters are still in shock - and they see the fact that she was the more popular candidate as vindication that Trump shouldn't have won. They'll use it as ammunition for the next four years, criticizing him as the far-right nutjob who shouldn't have won, yadda yadda.
                        His most recent appointments certainly seem to give some credence to the 'far-right nutjob' appellation.

                        Appoints a guy who thinks he's Darth Vader and who's proud of it. Believes: "That's Power"

                        A Putin fanboy?

                        Creepy, I mean really creepy even if the appointments are simply deliberately provocative, partly affectation or partly tongue in cheek.

                        From here the US looks increasingly surreal.

                        Regards
                        lodestar

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X