Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He owes nobody anything. Your system of checks & balances better work because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He owes nobody anything. Your system of checks & balances better work because...

He owes nobody anything. Your system of checks & balances better work because this is could bring you to the brink of a de-facto dictatorship

He did this entirely on his own. Just the way he likes it.
    A lot of (the wrong kind of) people admire that about him the most.
    He did it against all the odds and against all opponents including the establishment of ‘his’ party.

So he owes nobody. Nobody anything.
    That makes his bargaining position (he's a deal maker before all else remember) immensely strong.
    This is developing in a very worrying way.

Now maybe things will be quite different.
    Maybe he’ll be a compromising, vacillating flip-flopper of a President and a weak, indecisive CiC.
    Maybe his base will end up feeling completely disappointed and perhaps even betrayed.
    Maybe.

Talk about interesting times.

Regards lodestar

It is only worrying to the uninformed and the corrupt.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
      He owes nobody anything. Your system of checks & balances better work because this is could bring you to the brink of a de-facto dictatorship

He did it against all the odds and against all opponents including the establishment of ‘his’ party.

So he owes nobody. Nobody anything.
      That makes his bargaining position (he's a deal maker before all else remember) immensely strong.
      This is developing in a very worrying way.

Now maybe things will be quite different.
      Maybe he’ll be a compromising, vacillating flip-flopper of a President and a weak, indecisive CiC.
      Maybe his base will end up feeling completely disappointed and perhaps even betrayed.
      Maybe.

Talk about interesting times.

Regards lodestar

You forgot to mention that trump is "just like hitler".

It is not possible for a president to become a dictator without the cooperation of the other arms of government.
      And that will never happen with a republican in charge because the bureaucracy is largely made up of democrats.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

The other candidate would have worried me much more!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
          You forgot to mention that trump is "just like hitler".

It is not possible for a president to become a dictator without the cooperation of the other arms of government. And that will never happen with a republican in charge because the bureaucracy is largely made up of democrats.
          I thought the FBI's Comey was a Republican?
          Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
          (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
            And the DOJ is completely controlled by democrats.
            So how does Comey being republican (allegedly) disprove my statement that the bureaucracy is largely made up of democracts?
            And Comey is a political appointment of Obama's.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

He's a Bobo appointee.

If Bobo chose a Republican to head the FBI, that would be the funniest thing ever.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Did it bother you that Obama for the last 4 years went around the Peoples represenatives in Congress and governed thru Executive Orders? DId it bother you that some of those Executive Orders were stopped because the Supreme Court said they were not Constitutional? No It didn't bother you so you have no credibility whatsoever. I did not vote for Trump or Hillary but until Trump does something wrong as President I will support his Presidency. Now run along you have no Cred!

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  So how does Comey being republican (allegedly) disprove my statement that the bureaucracy is largely made up of democracts?
                  It doesn't, nor did I ever suggest so (I wouldn't know one way or the other), though arguably his actions had some impact on the election.
                  Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                  (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

Just to clarify, you think people that admire someone achieving success on their own are the wrong kind of people?

You've just demonstrated the biggest difference between the right and the left. The difference between people who want the government to hand then everything and those who want the chance to make it on their own.
                    "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

This hyperbole is what got Trump elected. After a while people stop believing even legitimate observations.

Being crude doesn't make you a misogynist, being against uncontrolled immigration doesn't make you a racist, being a celebrity candidate doesn't make you a populist, being born rich doesn't mean you can't fail, being focused on issued other than race an sex doesn't make you a bad person, having the endorsement of the KKK isn't as damming as having Senator Byrd as your mentor, changing parties because one has become authoritarian doesn't make you a hypocrite, being a moderate republican doesn't make you a turn coat, if you have a Jewish daughter and many Jewish friends you couldn't be a Nazi, pointing out that Islam is not a religion of peace doesn't make you an islamophobe, waiting until election results are properly vetted doesn't make you against democracy, wanting to work with Russia doesn't make you a Putin puppet.

When unsubstantiated charges of racism an sexism are the best arguments you have you may not be a good person.

Fascism doesn't require a racial component so yes Trump could become a Fascist dictator in some alternative universe. In the real world he has turned the Republican party away from neo conservative imperialism and a Fascist ideology.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                        This hyperbole is what got Trump elected. ...
                        shhhh!

"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
                        -Napoleon
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

It doesn't, nor did I ever suggest so (I wouldn't know one way or the other), though arguably his actions had some impact on the election.
                          Which comes back to my point: if Bobo chose a GOP appointee, then it is on Bobo. His inability to choose viable staff is legendary.

Comment

Rimmer is correct, Lodestar. You don't understand how our government works.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I am very bemused by those who drank the liberal Kool-Aid and who actually expect Trump to be the anti-Christ.

So far the only thing which can be directly attributed to Trump is good. The Stock Market had been in a decline and since the election it has hit record highs. The financiers are calling it the "Trump Rally". They tend to like his tax policies and getting rid of liberal red tape stopping capitalism. Of course the software stocks are going down since Trump said they would have to start paying "their fair share" in taxes.
                              Oh yeah, one other type of stocks have declines. The American gun manufacturers have declined. Through October sales of gun buying was in a record 18 month increase. Without someone saying they were going to preempt the 2nd amendment people will not have to buy guns fearing they will soon be outlawed.
                              "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X