Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clintonistas blame everyone but HRC for Election loss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will blame Punxsutawney Phil before blaming themselves or their anointed one.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I enjoy reading those.

By all means, seek scapegoats. Make 2018 and 2020 an easy time for us.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

David Plouffe: What I Got Wrong About the Election

NOV. 11, 2016

Like many people around the world, I expected a comfortable Hillary Clinton victory on Tuesday. But Iím not a random pundit when it comes to understanding presidential races and the electorate ó I managed one Obama presidential campaign and oversaw another from the White House. So of all the forecasts that got it wrong, my prediction that Mrs. Clinton was a 100 percent favorite was a glaring miss.

My confidence was not partisan spin. It was based on public data, voting history and some sense of the Clinton campaignís own models. I played with various state scenarios, and even in the most generous outcomes, could not get Donald J. Trump to 270 electoral votes.

But he ended up winning 306 electoral votes and, most important, did it by breaking into the Upper Midwest, leaving the blue Big Ten firewall in ruins.

What happened? We will know much more when all the data is in and we can see exactly who voted. But based on what we know, it was a combination of several factors that led to this stunning upset.

DEMOCRATIC TURNOUT WAS VERY WEAK

[...]

Like many people around the world, I expected a comfortable Hillary Clinton victory on Tuesday. But Iím not a random pundit when it comes to understanding presidential races and the electorate ó I managed one Obama presidential campaign and oversaw another from the White House. So of all the forecasts that got it wrong, my prediction that Mrs. Clinton was a 100 percent favorite was a glaring miss.

My confidence was not partisan spin. It was based on public data, voting history and some sense of the Clinton campaignís own models. I played with various state scenarios, and even in the most generous outcomes, could not get Donald J. Trump to 270 electoral votes.

But he ended up winning 306 electoral votes and, most important, did it by breaking into the Upper Midwest, leaving the blue Big Ten firewall in ruins.

What happened? We will know much more when all the data is in and we can see exactly who voted. But based on what we know, it was a combination of several factors that led to this stunning upset.

DEMOCRATIC TURNOUT WAS VERY WEAK

[...]

MR. TRUMPíS MARGINS IN RURAL AND EXURBAN COUNTIES WERE OFF THE CHARTS

[...]

IT REALLY WAS A CHANGE ELECTION The voters were serious about that. And there was only one change candidate.

STRONG AND WEAK CURRENTS BEAT DATA AND ANALYTICS The models for both support (vote share) and turnout were off significantly. It appears that there really were hidden Trump voters, meaning his ceiling of support was higher than most of us believed possible based on polling and modeling survey responses. And millions of potential Clinton voters who the models suggested would vote stayed home.

THE THIRD PARTIES This will need to be confirmed by more data and analysis, but one major reason Mr. Trumpís ceiling could have ended up higher than projected was that the potential Trump voters parked with Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, left to vote for Mr. Trump. But potential Clinton targets, especially the younger Johnson voters, stuck with him. Mr. Johnsonís support declined over time, but not equally ó those who were potential Clinton voters were stickier than the Trump targets. Mr. Johnson won 8 percent of voters under 45, but only 2 percent of those over 65.

MESSAGE MUDDLE The only two messages that appeared to punch through were the anti-Trump line, on the left, and the grossly overhyped email issue on the right. Mrs. Clinton talked about what she wanted to do from a policy perspective every day, but this campaign was not the Lincoln-Douglas debates, it was ďMad Max: Fury Road.Ē

[...]

THE TRUMP CAMPAIGNERS WERE SMART As they flew around Pennsylvania and Michigan and boasted they could change the map, many people, including me, ridiculed them as aimlessly and amateurishly wasting time and resources. But they saw something and committed to a strategy few even in the Republican Party thought would work. They challenged conventional wisdom, and were proved right. And Mr. Trumpís appeal to voters in these states was as strong as he predicted it would be.

JAMES COMEY

[...]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/op...f=opinion&_r=0

If Clinton hadn't set up an illegally unsecured server, illegally diverted State Department email to that illegally unsecured server and mishandled classified material, James Comey wouldn't have been an issue.

Apart from his failure to blame their p!$$ poor candidate, a pretty fair assessment.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

"...basket of deplorables..."

I believe this line was icing on the cake for many. Even if they weren't for Trump, it said a lot about S'Hillary and her contempt for "the little people" and anyone whom wasn't a rabid supporter of her.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

I believe this line was icing on the cake for many. Even if they weren't for Trump, it said a lot about S'Hillary and her contempt for "the little people" and anyone whom wasn't a rabid supporter of her.
            There's a reason 5 million Obama voters stayed home this election.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              There's a reason 5 million Obama voters stayed home this election.
              And the biggest reason many of us shifted from voting against Clinton to enthusiastically voting for Trump.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Technically it was everyone else's fault that Hillary lost. If just the Clintonista's were allowed to vote she would have won. But since "everybody" else did vote, she was beaten because not "everybody" voted for her. Yes I'm stoned right now. Have a great weekend and thanks to all Veterans for your service!!

Comment

The DNC just held their first meeting. One young delegate gout up and shouted about how the DNC screwed up so bad that they had condemned him to death due to global warming.
                  Some were talking about forming a new more "progressive" political party.
                  "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

The attacks in San Jose are attributed to keeping many dems home out here.

This fluffy report from the extreme left USA Today even covers it...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ters/32639803/

What they don't mention is the lawsuits that are piling up against the city...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
                      The DNC just held their first meeting. One young delegate gout up and shouted about how the DNC screwed up so bad that they had condemned him to death due to global warming.
                      The one thing I was looking forward to was the losing party seeing a wider split, which would help 3rd parties move up in the world.

While I was expecting the GOP to come out the poorer, it was a concept aimed at the Dems just as much, considering Bernie was just a leftist reflection of Trump, buoyed by the same anti-establishment, no-more-status-quo sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
                        That sounds awesome. I've got 20 bucks I'll contribute to the little dears so they can have their Radical Progressive Party. Or just call it Communist Party USA if they won't be infringing on any copyrights.

That'll ensure a Republic for the next hundred years.....
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          The one thing I was looking forward to was the losing party seeing a wider split, which would help 3rd parties move up in the world.

While I was expecting the GOP to come out the poorer, it was a concept aimed at the Dems just as much, considering Bernie was just a leftist reflection of Trump, buoyed by the same anti-establishment, no-more-status-quo sentiment.
                          Based on your naive idea that the people who actually pay for elections would allow it.

Or that a split DNC would result in the GOP remaining in power for decades. Which I agree would be a very good thing.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Hilary conceded so the original post is moot.

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              Based on your naive idea that the people who actually pay for elections would allow it.

Or that a split DNC would result in the GOP remaining in power for decades. Which I agree would be a very good thing.
                              Seems like you might be forgetting that business leaders are still people and there is money backing both sides. The people who paid for this election got what they wanted, despite Hillary being the solidly pro-big business, pro-Wall Street candidate of choice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X