Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Rubio, Cruz, Bush or any other Republican have won the 2016 Election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Rubio, Cruz, Bush or any other Republican have won the 2016 Election?

From the moment it became clear that Donald Trump was going to be the GOP nominee, right up to when they called Wisconsin for Trump, I was certain that any other Republican would have clobbered Hillary Clinton... Now that I've spent some time analyzing the election results, I think I was wrong.

Rubio, Cruz or Bush would probably have won Florida by a wider margin, probably won Ohio by a narrower margin, might have won Iowa and maybe New Hampshire. They would have been more competitive in Virginia and Colorado; but I don't think they would have won them. More importantly, they would not have won Pennsylvania, Wisconsin or Michigan.
    No. They would have lost by a wide electoral margin.
    21.05%
    No. They would have lost by a narrow electoral margin.
    31.58%
    Yes. They would have won, but by a narrower electoral margin.
    15.79%
    Yes. They would have won by a wider electoral margin.
    31.58%
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Hammer hits nail on it's head.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Bush and Rubio might have won, but then again it would have been like voting for a Hillary with a penis...

Comment

I don't think they would have won. They are all colorless professional politicians mouthing pre-written clichés.

Hillary being a woman and having greater name recognition would have beaten them.

In the end, it was Trump's deviation from the standard formulas that won for him
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          Bush and Rubio might have won, but then again it would have been like voting for a Hillary with a penis...
          So true! Cant rep you yet.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            Up until about 10 PM CST on Tuesday, I was certain that they would have won... Even more certain that Romney was going to win in 2012...
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I don't think the other Republicans could have withstood the media blitzkrieg and Clinton war room attack against them. Trump with all his faults stood and fought back against the attackers. I think the WikiLeaks also played a prominent role in this election exposing the DNC and Hillary collusion and corruption towards Bernie whom the left had real passion for, causing many of the young left wingers to stay home on election day. Its only speculation but that's my thoughts.

Comment

Rubio and Cruz could possibly have performed better, Bush on the other hand, I don't think the country is ready for another Bush. The key is being anti-establishment, outsider, change etc which furthering a family dynasty just doesn't fit that bill.

The one thing I would point to are the record highs for third party this year. A lot of people went Gary Johnson because they saw both Clinton and Trump as unacceptable choices. With someone like Rubio or Cruz in the race it would have shifted a lot of that third party support towards them. At the very least giving them the popular vote.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  Rubio and Cruz could possibly have performed better, Bush on the other hand, I don't think the country is ready for another Bush. The key is being anti-establishment, outsider, change etc which furthering a family dynasty just doesn't fit that bill.

The one thing I would point to are the record highs for third party this year. A lot of people went Gary Johnson because they saw both Clinton and Trump as unacceptable choices. With someone like Rubio or Cruz in the race it would have shifted a lot of that third party support towards them. At the very least giving them the popular vote.
                  I was certain that Rubio or Cruz could have done better, right up until they called Wisconsin for Trump.

Comment

Im not so sure about this one. I think the main issue was that the USA was not ready for a female POTUS just yet.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

I don't think the woman part was the biggest reason. Although... as a woman she was the worst possible choice. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                        I don't think the woman part was the biggest reason. Although... as a woman she was the worst possible choice. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
                        This is true.

I never cared about her gender. It was her choices and actions that made her unacceptable.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Mobilising the voters would have been a challenge for all these candidates. You would have got a more polished TV debating performance out of them but that is all.
                          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                            Im not so sure about this one. I think the main issue was that the USA was not ready for a female POTUS just yet.
                            Not true. She lost because she did not inspire a large enough turnout of supporters, and she underestimated the anger of the working class Americans. She was not the first woman candidate. Women had ran for the Presidency even before they had the right to vote.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              I think I was wrong.
                              Mark this day on your calendar, folks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X