Donít fear Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

NONSENSE : the electoral college is as old as the US and democracy still exists in the US .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      And these attempts always failed, because the results of changing the system would be worse than if the system was kept .

In the 20th century 7 of the 25 presidential elections resulted in a minority president = a president with less than 50% of the PV .

I can guarantee you that if the EV were abolished, every president would have less than 50 % of the PV .What would be the moral authority of a president elected with 20% or less of the PV ?

If today the EV system was abolished and only PV counted, Sanders would have been a candidate ,also an establishment Republican , Stein, Johnson,Mcmullin would have more votes, etc, etc ...
      You argued that "No : the majority of the people did not vote for Hillary, thus it did vote against Hillary ."

Clinton won the popular vote that is majority of the people. Andrewza is correct on this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metryll View Post
        You argued that "No : the majority of the people did not vote for Hillary, thus it did vote against Hillary ."

Clinton won the popular vote that is majority of the people. Andrewza is correct on this point.
        Incorrect. It was a narrow majority of voters.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          NONSENSE : the electoral college is as old as the US and democracy still exists in the US .
          I am just quoting trump

And USA is not a democracy that is clear
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I am just quoting trump

Ours is a nation of laws, and has been for more than 200 years.
            Can you please identify which law was broken by Trump's election?
            (Your feelings don't count)
            I'll wait.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I fully under stand why it works and here is why it is stupid

Some states the EC don't have to even vote for who the state voters want them to vote for

in winner take all states the losers votes don't materIn some of those states it basically set up that one side will all ways win meaning a Republican in a blue state may as while just stay home. In fact this notion that the EC means the candidates must care more about the smaller states is all so wrong. Only the swing states mater.

Not all votes are equal.

So yes it stupid. The EC is the dumbest method of voting in a leader I have seen in the modern western world.

It may be the dumbest method of voting, but outside of England it has worked longer than any other form of government in the Western world.

When any of those other western world governments can boast a track record of more than 200 years of one, stable system for the peaceful transfer of power, I'll listen.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                Incorrect. It was a narrow majority of voters.
                Narrow or not this is always the majority. That part people acted as voters or not is irrelevant. Arguing otherwise would mean that Trump has not been elected indirectely by the people and that this election was in breach of US Constitution.

Comment

It is, in the same way that a PM is elected in a Parliamentary system.

Comment

Thank God for that, I wouldn't want to live where the Mob rules.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      Ours is a nation of laws, and has been for more than 200 years.
                      Can you please identify which law was broken by Trump's election?
                      (Your feelings don't count)
                      I'll wait.
                      I am not saying trump broke any laws, I am saying your laws are stupid trump agrees by the way

you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                        Thank God for that, I wouldn't want to live where the Mob rules.
                        how is a election of one man one vote mob rule?

you do know you can win the US election with only 25% of the popular vote Your system is deeply flawed

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Rep incoming!

Of course, the douche bag thinks differently about the EC now.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I am not saying trump broke any laws, I am saying your laws are stupid trump agrees by the way

Doesn't make any difference. Dems condemn it when they don't like the result, but are quiet the rest of the time too.
                            He was elected by the correct operation of our laws. Laws that have led to the successful and peaceful transition of power for more than 200 years.

You clearly don't understand the role of State sovereignty in how our elections are organized, but since it led to a result you don't like you conclude it doesn't work.
                            It worked precisely as intended.

Since you don't understand the concept of "dual sovereignty" (state and federal), perhaps you aren't in a position to condemn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                              Narrow or not this is always the majority. That part people acted as voters or not is irrelevant. Arguing otherwise would mean that Trump has not been elected indirectely by the people and that this election was in breach of US Constitution.
                              You're the one that said the people. It was the voters. This is not in any way irrelevant.

All voters are people, all the people are not voters.

The only thing irrelevant is the popular vote......

The Electoral College did it's job as it always has. No amount of crying from liberals, rioters, and whiny foreigners will change that.

It's just one more thing that makes my nation the greatest on the planet.
                              Last edited by Gixxer86g; 13 Nov 16, 13:14.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

how is a election of one man one vote mob rule?

you do know you can win the US election with only 25% of the popular vote Your system is deeply flawed
                                My comment wasn't about the election but about more about direct democracy where the majority rules, as in, two Wolves and a Lamb voting what to have for lunch.
                                If you are constantly outnumbered chances of ever winning are 0!
                                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X