Donít fear Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Yes, going to a DSCC dinner with George Soros is standard business for a Republican.
    It is a standard matter for a businessman. Major corps contribute to both sides in a close election.

You want to do business, you make friends in the government and with those who own the government.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In fact, that isn't true at all. The majority popular vote slightly favored Clinton. Look it up.

No : the majority of the people did not vote for Hillary, thus it did vote against Hillary .

The same happened in 1912, in 1916, 1948, 1960,1968,1992,1996.
      Last century,there were 6 Democratic minority presidents and one Republican . If Trump has no right to be president, Wilson, Truman, Kennedy, Clinton also had no right to be president .

The rule is yjat the candidate with the majority of the EV becomes president, not the candidate with an absolute or relative majority of the PV. Thus Democrats, accept the rules and stop whining .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        No : the majority of the people did not vote for Hillary, thus it did vote against Hillary .

The same happened in 1912, in 1916, 1948, 1960,1968,1992,1996.
        Last century,there were 6 Democratic minority presidents and one Republican . If Trump has no right to be president, Wilson, Truman, Kennedy, Clinton also had no right to be president .

The rule is yjat the candidate with the majority of the EV becomes president, not the candidate with an absolute or relative majority of the PV. Thus Democrats, accept the rules and stop whining .
        She had more people vote for her

That's what I am saying

And that's a stupid ass method
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          And that's a stupid ass method
          Not at all. You simply do not understand how it works.

Nor is it your problem.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Not at all. You simply do not understand how it works.

Nor is it your problem.
            I fully under stand why it works and here is why it is stupid

Some states the EC don't have to even vote for who the state voters want them to vote for

in winner take all states the losers votes don't materIn some of those states it basically set up that one side will all ways win meaning a Republican in a blue state may as while just stay home. In fact this notion that the EC means the candidates must care more about the smaller states is all so wrong. Only the swing states mater.

Not all votes are equal.

So yes it stupid. The EC is the dumbest method of voting in a leader I have seen in the modern western world.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              I fully under stand why it works and here is why it is stupid

Some states the EC don't have to even vote for who the state voters want them to vote for

in winner take all states the losers votes don't materIn some of those states it basically set up that one side will all ways win meaning a Republican in a blue state may as while just stay home. In fact this notion that the EC means the candidates must care more about the smaller states is all so wrong. Only the swing states mater.

Not all votes are equal.

So yes it stupid. The EC is the dumbest method of voting in a leader I have seen in the modern western world.
              You are wrong. Firstly, in most if not all states the EC can vote as it wishes. The USA has never relied upon a pure popular vote to choose the President.

It has worked longer than your country has existed.

If you don't like it, fine. You don't live here.

Comment

You are wrong. Firstly, in most if not all states the EC can vote as it wishes. The USA has never relied upon a pure popular vote to choose the President.

It has worked longer than your country has existed.

If you don't like it, fine. You don't live here.
                Actually it just over half

And so what. That just means it out dated. Monarchies worked for far longer than our two countries combined. Your system was set up by elites who did not trust the voters to make the right call those voters being white male property owners. So yeah it actually not that old and as been changed over the years. Next change should remove it.

Does not mean I cant point out how broken a system is
                Last edited by andrewza; 13 Nov 16, 01:05.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

So, if the Electoral College voted Clinton instead Trump for president, you would be fine with that?
                  Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                  Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                  USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    I guess that comes from that divide between peaceful and legal - one can picture plenty of peaceful activities that break the law, for example.
                    Blocking traffic isn't one of them. Screwing with traffic is no joke. Just ask Christie......

I think we'd just be better off describing these fools as so inept, they're actually doing good work for their opponents... which some here might have taken as proof that this was a black flag operation.
                    True. How many of their sympathizers, trying to get home from work, are they turning against them?
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                      So, if the Electoral College voted Clinton instead Trump for president, you would be fine with that?
                      Depends on what you mean by fine. We wouldn't be happy, but it is what it is. No protests. After all, we have to go to work the next day.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                        Depends on what you mean by fine. We wouldn't be happy, but it is what it is. No protests. After all, we have to go to work the next day.
                        Let's hope that calm and rational attitude of yours if not put to test. To be perfectly frank, I do believe quite a lot of people would not share it.
                        Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                        Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                        USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                          Let's hope that calm and rational attitude of yours if not put to test. To be perfectly frank, I do believe quite a lot of people would not share it.
                          Well, it's what we've been doing for the duration of Bobo's presidency.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            "There have been other attempts to change the system, particularly after cases in which a candidate wins the popular vote, but loses in the Electoral College."

http://history.house.gov/Institution...toral-College/

Comment

• The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                                "There have been other attempts to change the system, particularly after cases in which a candidate wins the popular vote, but loses in the Electoral College."

http://history.house.gov/Institution...toral-College/
                                And these attempts always failed, because the results of changing the system would be worse than if the system was kept .

In the 20th century 7 of the 25 presidential elections resulted in a minority president = a president with less than 50% of the PV .

I can guarantee you that if the EV were abolished, every president would have less than 50 % of the PV .What would be the moral authority of a president elected with 20% or less of the PV ?

If today the EV system was abolished and only PV counted, Sanders would have been a candidate ,also an establishment Republican , Stein, Johnson,Mcmullin would have more votes, etc, etc ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X