Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Hating the Bill of Rights now, M?

Innocent until proven guilty, and this came up during an election?

If he short-changed anyone, whatever that means, wouldn't he have faced criminal charges back then? So how did those prosecutions turn out?

Your candidate lost, M. The Bill of Rights is safe. Much as you hate that, you will have to learn to accept it.
    First, Hillary Clinton was not my candidate.

Second, this discussion has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights.

Third, Trump is currently the subject of a fraud trial.

Fourth, people are and can be judged by their behavior-and Trump's is continuously outside the Pale.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Fourth, people are and can be judged by their behavior-and Trump's is continuously outside the Pale.
      First, there were only two viable candidates, and if you oppose one, you support the other. This has been explained repeatedly. You can't wash your hands of this.

Second, it has everything to do with the Bill of Rights. If Trump had lost Hillary, your candidate, would have appointed a USSC justice, unbalancing the court and opening the way for attacks on the BoR. This has been explained to you. You cannot wash your hands of it.

Thirdly, Trump was accused during a campaign. Extremely suspicious timing. However, he is innocent until proven guilty. Remember that, or does your hatred extend to that aspect of America as well?

Fourthly, if we are going to be judgmental, your girl makes Trump look like an innocent maiden. Your intolerance is rather selective.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        The people elected Mrs Clinton. The electoral college elected Mr Trump.
        The people are also responsible for the electoral ballots, so technically, the people elected Trump.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          The people are also responsible for the electoral ballots, so technically, the people elected Trump.
          In fact, that isn't true at all. The majority popular vote slightly favored Clinton. Look it up.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

This election had everything to do with the future of the Supreme Court.
            Trump University is the subject of a fraud trial, one that is obviously political in nature. I doubt seriously there would be any interest in what Trump U did had he not run for office.
            Here are some talking points to consider;
            This election pitted Trump and his persona against the Clinton persona, the people in the heartland decided the election and clearly, the heartland didn't like the direction this nation was going, they held both parties responsible.
            The Bush's supported Clinton, the Beltway supported Clinton, the press and the Holkywood media supported Clinton. The pundits all had a Clinton return to the White House scheduled for Jan. 2016.
            They all had it wrong!
            Love him or hate him, Trump pulled it off against the power of the press, the Clintons and with very little support from the press, in fact, with a full on assault from the press.
            Take away the rancor and what we have is the system working exactly the way it was supposed to. And for the first time in a very long time a complete outsider has won against the entrenched political power brokers and that is a good thing.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

First, there were only two viable candidates, and if you oppose one, you support the other. This has been explained repeatedly. You can't wash your hands of this.
              That is a false dichotomy, unless one believes in a logical system where voting and not voting can be considered the same act, which itself makes the system irrational.

After all, one could just as easily say that since Trump won, there was only one actually viable candidate, and all the Democrats mathematically voted for Trump since their votes - regardless of who they voted for, or if they even voted at all - still led to his victory. The outcome would have been the same if they'd voted for Trump, Clinton, or just stayed home, meaning all three options are equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                That is a false dichotomy, unless one believes in a logical system where voting and not voting can be considered the same act, which itself makes the system irrational.

After all, one could just as easily say that since Trump won, there was only one actually viable candidate, and all the Democrats mathematically voted for Trump since their votes - regardless of who they voted for, or if they even voted at all - still led to his victory. The outcome would have been the same if they'd voted for Trump, Clinton, or just stayed home, meaning all three options are equal.
                Nope.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  How widespread has violence or vandalism been? How much has been peaceful protest - genuine questions here.
                  The moment the protest blocks traffic, it is no longer peaceful.

Sadly all sides of the divide have their troublemakers, worth remembering how many Trump supporters talked up their threats if he lost.
                  This is true. One side has isolated incidents of ignorance on the part of individuals, the other side is disrupting cities across the nation.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Fair enough. Sith-Spawn ~ Mouth of Sauron and her rapist husband make me more than nervous and I dislike the cheat around on the 22 Amendment.
                    Looking forward to the S'Hillary wearing orange and being a guest at a Federal pen soon.
                    Hillary and Donald can be neighbors, after all, he is a swindler and a cheat as well as an admitted sexual predator.
                    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                      Hillary and Donald can be neighbors, after all, he is a swindler and a cheat as well as an admitted sexual predator.
                      Just keep repeating the lies, Lenin would be proud.

BTW- when will your side start demanding the arrest of every single NFL player in the Nation? By your standards, the are all 1000% worse, after all,

Comment

Nope.

Ignoring basic logic doesn't make it go away, though I understand it can be tough to defend a fallacious argument when it is pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          I guess that comes from that divide between peaceful and legal - one can picture plenty of peaceful activities that break the law, for example.

I think we'd just be better off describing these fools as so inept, they're actually doing good work for their opponents... which some here might have taken as proof that this was a black flag operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

This is true. One side has isolated incidents of ignorance on the part of individuals, the other side is disrupting cities across the nation.
                            You know I have the solution. Block street access to the universities. Food doesn't get delivered, buses can't pass, ect.

Last time we had a critical mass problem I suggested that all the seniors have a tailgate party at the local university.

Guess what happened with that suggestion posed on a local talk radio show?

It ended right then...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              [CENTER]

Ignoring basic logic doesn't make it go away.
                              My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                No it wasn't Bob.
                                But it's getting close to this:
                                Possibly, but still true.
                                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X