X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Staff
    replied
    Originally posted by Bow View Post
    and what is the Electoral Vote system you guys use or is that only for folks who can read and write......
    It was designed to protect the electorate from themselves.

"Although the Founding Fathers wanted the people to have a say, there was concern that a charismatic tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come into power. Alexander Hamilton briefly addressed these concerns in the Federalist Papers. The idea was that the electors would be a group of people who would ensure that a qualified person would become president.".

Leave a comment:

• Bow
    replied
    [QUOTE=Arnold J Rimmer;3289327]Re-election?

You really don't get US politics, do you?[/QUOTE]

Politics???? is that what you call it.......it looked more like a three ringed circus to me .........and what is the Electrole Vote system you guys use or is that only for folks who can read and write......

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Boy, for a junior J. Edgar, you sure have a hard time with reading comprehension. It was a "what if".
    I was simply trying to help you understand the world you are in, my son. You seem confused quite often.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The Democrats had the votes in the Senate, my son. To remove requires a much higher vote than impeachment.

You can only look at Congress' action as a protest if you consider every criminal trial as a protest. As Cambronne, a lawyer, noted, these were officers of the law doing their duty. Some (the majority of Dems) less diligently than others.
    Boy, for a junior J. Edgar, you sure have a hard time with reading comprehension. It was a "what if".

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but the impeachment was far more than just a protest.
    For the record, I opposed the impeachment, but agreed they had a basis to proceed.
    Perjury and obstruction of justice are crimes, not things the authorities protest against.
    His being disbarred was a sanction by the courts not a protest.
    You are misunderstanding my position. I understand it was a legal proceeding but looking at it in layman's terms, the Republicans (and some Dems) didn't like what Clinton had done, protested against it and started legal proceedings against him. It went beyond protesting because they had the power to do more to him than just protest. If the GOP had been the minority in the House, a protest was all it would've been.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    You can look at Congress impeaching him as a protest against what he had done. They actually didn't go far enough. Just think, he's removed from office and Hillary would never have been running for president. And no Hillary means no douche bag Trump.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but the impeachment was far more than just a protest.
    For the record, I opposed the impeachment, but agreed they had a basis to proceed.
    Perjury and obstruction of justice are crimes, not things the authorities protest against.
    His being disbarred was a sanction by the courts not a protest.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    You can look at Congress impeaching him as a protest against what he had done. They actually didn't go far enough. Just think, he's removed from office and Hillary would never have been running for president. And no Hillary means no douche bag Trump.
    The Democrats had the votes in the Senate, my son. To remove requires a much higher vote than impeachment.

You can only look at Congress' action as a protest if you consider every criminal trial as a protest. As Cambronne, a lawyer, noted, these were officers of the law doing their duty. Some (the majority of Dems) less diligently than others.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    And he was disbarred, and committed perjury.

Those were all legal proceedings, not protests.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Clinton faced the biggest protest of all. He was impeached.

Move on.

And he was disbarred, and committed perjury.

Those were all legal proceedings, not protests.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateship1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Which will undoubtedly be the crowning achievement of your lifetime, my son.

Relish it.

In honor of you, I shall hereafter refer to the Libertarians as 'the party of douche bags', for so long as they continue to lose.

I expect I'll be calling them that for the rest of my life...
    You made me think of a robot chicken cartoon.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied

Move on.
    Don't recall much rioting in the streets prior to Congress slapping his wrist there. Turkey still remained POTUS and almost got back in thru the rear door recently.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Not to worry gang....Trump will be in charge and happy days will be here...as to the people sleeping in their trucks/cars....dont lose your parking space as you will still be living in them two years from now when Tump suffers the same fate as Bill Clinton....

HappyDays ahead...yeh! right cough couch....
    Which in many cases were either there, sleeping in their trucks/cars over eight years ago or wound up there during the past eight years of "community organizer" bringing "hope and change".

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Not to worry gang....Trump will be in charge and happy days will be here...as to the people sleeping in their trucks/cars....dont lose your parking space as you will still be living in them two years from now when Tump suffers the same fate as Bill Clinton....
    Re-election?

You really don't get US politics, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Bow
    replied

HappyDays ahead...yeh! right cough couch....

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Moulin View Post
    BS..if they didn't protest Bill, why are they protesting Trump? this is pretty simple to understand

Move on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X