Don’t fear Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    Funny how NOW service is important, isn't it?
    Not really. Go back and read what was said about Obama in 2008 and his lack of service. Your memory seems to selective.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
      I hate to spring to his defense here, but to be fair that's just not true...
      Some flaws in their thinking.

Trump got a student deferment. Barrett says he doubts his injury was a medical issue but if he went for a student deferment then his foot was a non issue.

In any event it is funny how the left castigates the Vietnam War as a waste, criticizes the rationalizations of the government, lionizes the protestors.....and condemns Trump for not fighting in it.

"We ain't gonna study war no more! Flower power! Oh...and Trump needs to go fight for us."
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
        Not really. Go back and read what was said about Obama in 2008 and his lack of service. Your memory seems to selective.
        In 2008 Obama ran and you had ZERO problems with his lack of military service. Now suddenly you find it important....

I'm sorry, was that 2008 reverie supposed to HELP your argument?
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

You can look at Congress impeaching him as a protest against what he had done. They actually didn't go far enough. Just think, he's removed from office and Hillary would never have been running for president. And no Hillary means no douche bag Trump.
          Agreed!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Funny how NOW service is important, isn't it?

Bobo, Slick Willie, the Hillabeast...none of the leftists worried about their records.

But Trump? HE MUST SERVE.

I wonder how many of those whining about Trump's military record actually served themselves....
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              I know that, but others here would say it doesn't count.
              Well, so would I.
              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Neither Bobo nor Slick Willie served. Bush Sr and JFK were the only combat veterans in office since Truman. FDR never served.

And, of course the Hillibeast never served.
              President Obama didn't even have to register for the draft when he hit 18. Clinton did and deferred out. FDR was an Assistant Secretary of the Navy, doing some pretty useful work in WWI. Rodham- certainly not compulsory during her youth, so no hint of avoidance there.
              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              1) But Trump? HE MUST SERVE.

I wonder how many of those whining about Trump's military record actually served themselves....
              No, but Dev Don was all happy to prance around New York Military Academy getting 2 Neatness and Order medals and playing a whole load of sports, only to get a medical deferment for bad feet when threatened with the draft. If you want to compare him to Clinton for draft dodging, be my guest.

I'd suggest most if called upon, you got any evidence to prove otherwise?
              Last edited by General Staff; 18 Nov 16, 05:52.
              Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
              (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• He has an interesting pov , and rather fair to my own.
                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• Sadly enough , he will leave the earth for an other planet .He planned to go to Mars, but the Martian government has vetoed his immigration,saying : we are not the dump of the universe . I can understand the Martians .

Comment

President Obama didn't even have to register for the draft when he hit 18. Clinton did and deferred out. FDR was an Assistant Secretary of the Navy, doing some pretty useful work in WWI. Rodham- certainly not compulsory during her youth, so no hint of avoidance there.
                    FDR's position was as a civilian appointee.

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                    No, but Dev Don was all happy to prance around New York Military Academy getting 2 Neatness and Order medals and playing a whole load of sports, only to get a medical deferment for bad feet when threatened with the draft. If you want to compare him to Clinton for draft dodging, be my guest.
                    You do realize that 'military' schools of that type are simply schools with a theme and uniforms, right? They have nothing to do with the US military in any form or fashion, unless they have a senior ROTC program.

He received a student deferment, same as Slick Willie. There was no threat of the draft for the wealthy in the 60s.

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                    I'd suggest most if called upon, you got any evidence to prove otherwise?
                    Most if called on what?

Democrats don't serve, so why is it an issue that Trump did not? The point is heckling Trump for what every Democrat since Carter did could mean you are a hypocrite.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      FDR's position was as a civilian appointee.

You do realize that 'military' schools of that type are simply schools with a theme and uniforms, right? They have nothing to do with the US military in any form or fashion, unless they have a senior ROTC program.

He received a student deferment, same as Slick Willie. There was no threat of the draft for the wealthy in the 60s.

Most if called on what?

Democrats don't serve, so why is it an issue that Trump did not? The point is heckling Trump for what every Democrat since Carter did could mean you are a hypocrite.
                      Kettle meet Pot... another funny one.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

In 2008 Obama ran and you had ZERO problems with his lack of military service. Now suddenly you find it important....

I'm sorry, was that 2008 reverie supposed to HELP your argument?
                        Really? Find a post where I said I was okay with Obama's lack of service. I'll wait.

So my point stands. Your side vilified Obama and Clinton, especially Clinton, for their lack of service and yet now you're okay with the douche bag's lack of service. Another example of hypocrisy from you. (not really surprising considering the source)
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          1) FDR's position was as a civilian appointee.

2) You do realize that 'military' schools of that type are simply schools with a theme and uniforms, right? They have nothing to do with the US military in any form or fashion, unless they have a senior ROTC program.

3) He received a student deferment, same as Slick Willie. There was no threat of the draft for the wealthy in the 60s.

4) Most if called on what?

5) Democrats don't serve, so why is it an issue that Trump did not? The point is heckling Trump for what every Democrat since Carter did could mean you are a hypocrite.
                          1) So what? This was WWI. They asked him to serve to help and he did. You got a problem with FDR, the New Deal or anything else he did?

2) Yes, my OP was in Trump's defense, that he had been in uniform when folks had contended he hadn't.

3) Some wealthy lads did go, these were 2 who didn't.

4) To serve, I assume in your OP you meant their country, but you could surprise me and say it was to do something else.

5) I didn't say it was an issue. Someone said he'd never been in uniform, but he has and let's be fair to him on that score.

Next you'll be complaining when someone says they saw him wandering naked and disoriented down 5th Avenue, and I said it couldn't be so because he was too busy at home trying to hammer together a cabinet.
                          Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                          (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

1) So what? This was WWI. They asked him to serve to help and he did. You got a problem with FDR, the New Deal or anything else he did?
                            Yes, yes, and yes.

Comment

Clinton faced the biggest protest of all. He was impeached.

Move on.
                              how ridiculous...most of the dems voted against impeachment, Reps, for...
                              we're are talking about all the pro criminal/pro illegal/etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                                And he was disbarred, and committed perjury.

Those were all legal proceedings, not protests.
                                exactly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X