Donít fear Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The Democrats had the votes in the Senate, my son. To remove requires a much higher vote than impeachment.

You can only look at Congress' action as a protest if you consider every criminal trial as a protest. As Cambronne, a lawyer, noted, these were officers of the law doing their duty. Some (the majority of Dems) less diligently than others.
    Boy, for a junior J. Edgar, you sure have a hard time with reading comprehension. It was a "what if".
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
      Boy, for a junior J. Edgar, you sure have a hard time with reading comprehension. It was a "what if".
      I was simply trying to help you understand the world you are in, my son. You seem confused quite often.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Arnold J Rimmer;3289327]Re-election?

You really don't get US politics, do you?[/QUOTE]

Politics???? is that what you call it.......it looked more like a three ringed circus to me .........and what is the Electrole Vote system you guys use or is that only for folks who can read and write......

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post
          and what is the Electoral Vote system you guys use or is that only for folks who can read and write......
          It was designed to protect the electorate from themselves.

"Although the Founding Fathers wanted the people to have a say, there was concern that a charismatic tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come into power. Alexander Hamilton briefly addressed these concerns in the Federalist Papers. The idea was that the electors would be a group of people who would ensure that a qualified person would become president.".
          Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
          (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bow;3289660]
            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Re-election?

You really don't get US politics, do you?[/QUOTE]

Politics???? is that what you call it.......it looked more like a three ringed circus to me .........and what is the Electrole Vote system you guys use or is that only for folks who can read and write......
            You wouldn't understand. Its only for superpowers.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Re-election?

You really don't get US politics, do you?
              Do we really have to take that crap from a guy whose country is so fcked up they can't decide on a single version of their national anthem?

I think not.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• I like what Mike Rowe has to say, quote:
                ďDeserve to be anxious?Ē You really do have an interesting way of putting things, Gillian. Anxiety is not a thing anyone ďdeserves.Ē Itís just a feeling, and like all feelings, itís ultimately a choice. Sometimes itís justified, sometimes it isnít. But it has less to do with the facts in evidence, and more to do with what scares us as individuals.

You and I for instance, are both anxious about President Trump. Iím anxious because the man has never held office, heís never worn a uniform, and heís frightened millions of people with irresponsible rhetoric and bad behavior completely inconsistent with the leader of the free world. That makes me uneasy, no doubt about it.

You on the other hand, are anxious because you have taken everything heís said at face value. Moreover, you seem to believe that everyone who voted for him did so because they agree with everything heís said and done. Surely, you have to know how absurd that is. Do 60 million votes for Hillary Clinton means 60 million Americans approve of lying under oath, mishandling classified emails, and blatant ďpay for playĒ shenanigans with her foundation? Of course not. I know many Hillary supporters who were disgusted by her behavior, and voted for her anyway. I know many Trump supporters who followed suit. You should take comfort in that. Iím not ignoring Trump or the things he said. But you Ė and many others Ė would have us believe the character of the country is no better than the character of the candidates.

And thatís enough to make anybody anxious.
                http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11...st-xenophobes/
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  ...heís never worn a uniform...
                  I hate to spring to his defense here, but to be fair that's just not true...
                  Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                  (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                    I know that, but others here would say it doesn't count. Rowe should have said "never served in military uniform" or some similar such.
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                      Neither Bobo nor Slick Willie served. Bush Sr and JFK were the only combat veterans in office since Truman. FDR never served.

That covers it from 1933.

And, of course the Hillibeast never served.

Comment

• And LBJ ? Did he not count the knives in the mess ? Something that was useful for later when in 1948 he "counted " the votes at the Democratic primary .

Comment

Not to worry gang....Trump will be in charge and happy days will be here...as to the people sleeping in their trucks/cars....dont lose your parking space as you will still be living in them two years from now when Tump suffers the same fate as Bill Clinton....

HappyDays ahead...yeh! right cough couch....
                          Trump and Republicans could catch a similar beat down to the 1994 Mid-Term Election, but I don't think the DNC is capable of such a substance-based campaign. It takes an honest assessment of why were defeated and by who, on top on a sound grassroot agenda to mount that. I just don't see that happening.

Republicans could suffer a serious defeat in 2018, but I think they would have to start out on a different path than they already have. The GOP isn't cutting flips, and throwing parties. They are being far more deliberate than I expected the DNC. I thought Hillary would narrowly win, but that would be blown out of proportion and lead to an aggressive liberal agenda. Which in turn would turn into a major Mid-Term revolt.
                          "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            And LBJ ? Did he not count the knives in the mess ? Something that was useful for later when in 1948 he "counted " the votes at the Democratic primary .
                            He was a reservist and serving Congressman who was on an inspection team. He did ride as an observer on a single bomber mission, for which he was given a medal.

So I suppose he could be counted as a combat veteran, although he hardly stacks up to JFK or Bush Sr in that regard.

Comment

He was a reservist and serving Congressman who was on an inspection team. He did ride as an observer on a single bomber mission, for which he was given a medal.

So I suppose he could be counted as a combat veteran, although he hardly stacks up to JFK or Bush Sr in that regard.
                              On that one mission his bird did come under fire, and according to the aircrew it did get pretty hairy, but LBJ then spent the rest of his life making it sound like the friggin' Alamo or something.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Neither Bobo nor Slick Willie served. Bush Sr and JFK were the only combat veterans in office since Truman. FDR never served.

That covers it from 1933.

And, of course the Hillibeast never served.
                                Funny how NOW service is important, isn't it?
                                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X