X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    I can see local being different there are probably Dem run places in Texas
    A few, yes.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Yet once again, loudly: BECAUSE WE LIKE THIS SYSTEM! IT WORKS! WE DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!

In short, there is no reason to change it.
      I wonder if 100% of Americans agree with you, I wonder if 100% of Americans realize that the democratic state is not democratic. All you can say is you like the system you don't speak for the people
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I am not saying trump broke any laws, I am saying your laws are stupid trump agrees by the way

I might also.point out that trumps opinions aren't relevant to anything that I've said. I'm talking about the law and since you don't understand the issue you are trying to change the subject to Trump. Again, if you don't understand the reason for the law maybe you should learn about it before attacking it. You can dislike the result but don't argue the law is dumb if you don't understand it
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I wonder if 100% of Americans agree with you, I wonder if 100% of Americans realize that the democratic state is not democratic. All you can say is you like the system you don't speak for the people
          Again, you have been told numerous times that we are NOT a democracy, we are a Republic. Are you just trolling, or do you genuinely don't understand the difference?
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Again, you have been told numerous times that we are NOT a democracy, we are a Republic. Are you just trolling, or do you genuinely don't understand the difference?
            And I know that. Do all Americans know that though? Do they agree with that?
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              Exactly!
              What I don't understand is why people abroad and here are so upset at our constituted process of electing a President which has worked successfully for 228 years, my guess is that they want the rules of the game changed because they don't like the final score.
              The American system is not all that singular. In Canada, the government is formed by the party which wins the most number of parliamentary seats or ridings - not which party wins the greatest number of votes. Has pretty much always been that way. Still, it does not prevent supporters of Party A claiming Party B does not have an actual mandate, when it fails to win a majority of votes despite winning a majority of seats - an argument which Party B, naturally, rejects. And it does not prevent supporters of Party B making the same argument, when they end up on the losing number of seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                You argued that "No : the majority of the people did not vote for Hillary, thus it did vote against Hillary ."

Clinton won the popular vote that is majority of the people. Andrewza is correct on this point.
                She did not : 47 ,8 % is not the majority of the people .

50 % + 1 is the majority of the people .

Bill became president with a majority of the EV and a minority of the PV, why should Donald not have this right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                  She did not : 47 ,8 % is not the majority of the people .

50 % + 1 is the majority of the people .

Bill became president with a majority of the EV and a minority of the PV, why should Donald not have this right ?
                  Because it was Hillary's time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                    The American system is not all that singular. In Canada, the government is formed by the party which wins the most number of parliamentary seats or ridings - not which party wins the greatest number of votes. Has pretty much always been that way. Still, it does not prevent supporters of Party A claiming Party B does not have an actual mandate, when it fails to win a majority of votes despite winning a majority of seats - an argument which Party B, naturally, rejects. And it does not prevent supporters of Party B making the same argument, when they end up on the losing number of seats.
                    It's the same in Britain : in 1951 Churchill got a majority in the Commons ,but Labour had the majority of the PV .

Since 1935, Britain is governed by minotiry Prime Ministers ( no one complains ) and in three occasions, the winning party had less PV than the opposition party :
                    1929, 1951, february 1974 ( no one complained )
                    Last edited by ljadw; 13 Nov 16, 12:24.

Comment

• How will president-elect Trump deal with NATO? Secretary-General Jens Stoltenbergís staff drafted proposals to deal with the worst-case scenario in case he orders US troops to withdraw from Europe.

If Trump is serious about reducing the number of US troops stationed in Europe, large NATO countries like Germany have little to offer, Spiegel said. Even major member statesí militaries lack units able to replace the Americans, which in turn may trigger debate on strengthening NATOís nuclear arm, a sensitive issue in most European countries for domestic reasons.
                      "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

And I know that. Do all Americans know that though? Do they agree with that?

Again, this very question shows me you have no idea what you are talking about.
                        Given that this happened in 2000 and the law remains unchanged we can assume Americans approve. Particularly the ones who understand what they are talking about
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I can see local being different there are probably Dem run places in Texas
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Neither do you.

100% of any group doesn't agree. However, since the foundation of the nation 224+ years ago there hasn't been any determined mass effort to change it.

100% of Americas do not follow pro football, but there isn't any chance that the NFL would switch over to something as stupid as cricket.

It has been explained to you over and over. Deal with it. I'm done.

Comment

• There's a easy to do fix for the EC. The states stop with the winner take all and their electors are split up proportionally.
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                                There's a easy to do fix for the EC. The states stop with the winner take all and their electors are split up proportionally.
                                That'd be great! The Democrats could never win a national election...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X