Accepting the election results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting the election results.

Interestingly, it seems the Progressive Left doesn't accept the results a lot more openly than Trump's supporters would have had he not been elected...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Let them pretend it didn't happen, it isn't as if their grip on reality has ever been anything to brag about.

I have a sign for them-

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Has anyone in those protests called for results to be overturned or said they will not abide by them?

Apart from one mention of vandalism in one place it all seems to be peaceful marches or groups of people saying they disagree with Trump's message. I thought you guys were all about the right to freedom of speech.

By the way at the one at the White House Trump supporters were also there.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

CHICAGO (AP) The raw divisions exposed by the presidential race were on full display across America on Wednesday, as protesters flooded city streets to condemn Donald Trump's election in demonstrations that police said were mostly peaceful.
        From New England to heartland cities like Kansas City and along the West Coast, many thousands of demonstrators carried flags and anti-Trump signs, disrupting traffic and declaring that they refused to accept Trump's triumph.
        In Chicago, where thousands had recently poured into the streets to celebrate the Chicago Cubs' first World Series victory in over a century, several thousand people marched through the Loop. They gathered outside Trump Tower, chanting "Not my president!"

Chicago resident Michael Burke said he believes the president-elect will "divide the country and stir up hatred." He added there was a constitutional duty not to accept that outcome.
        A similar protest in Manhattan drew about 1,000 people. Outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown, police installed barricades to keep the demonstrators at bay.
        Hundreds of protesters gathered near Philadelphia's City Hall despite chilly, wet weather. Participants who included both supporters of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who lost to Clinton in the primary expressed anger at both Republicans and Democrats over the election's outcome.
        In Boston, thousands of anti-Trump protesters streamed through downtown, chanting "Trump's a racist" and carrying signs that said "Impeach Trump" and "Abolish Electoral College." Clinton appears to be on pace to win the popular vote, despite losing the electoral count that decides the presidential race.
        The protesters gathered on Boston Common before marching toward the Massachusetts Statehouse, with beefed-up security including extra police officers.
        In St. Paul, Minnesota, a protest that began with about 100 people was steadily growing as the night went on.
        Protests flared at universities in California and Connecticut, while several hundred people marched in San Francisco and others gathered outside City Hall in Los Angeles. And they spread south to Richmond, Virginia, and to middle American cities like Kansas City and Omaha, Nebraska.
        Hundreds of University of Texas students spilled out of classrooms to march through downtown Austin. They marched along streets near the Texas Capitol, then briefly blocked a crowded traffic bridge.
        Marchers protesting Trump's election as president chanted and carried signs in front of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
        Media outlets broadcast video Wednesday night showing a peaceful crowd in front of the new downtown hotel. Many chanted "No racist USA, no Trump, no KKK."
        Another group stood outside the White House. They held candles, listened to speeches and sang songs.
        In Oregon, dozens of people blocked traffic in downtown Portland, burned American flags and forced a delay for trains on two light-rail lines. Earlier, the protest in downtown drew several Trump supporters, who taunted the demonstrators with signs. A lone Trump supporter was chased across Pioneer Courthouse Square and hit in the back with a skateboard before others intervened.
        Several thousand chanting, sign-waving people gathered in Frank Ogawa Plaza in Oakland, California. A night earlier, in the hours after Trump won the election, Oakland demonstrators broke windows and did other damage.
        In San Francisco, hundreds are marching along Market Avenue, one of the city's main avenues, to join a vigil in the Castro District, a predominantly gay neighborhood.
        In Los Angeles, protesters on the steps of City Hall burned a giant papier mache Trump head in protest.
        Hundreds massed in downtown Seattle streets.
        Many held anti-Trump and Black Lives Matter signs and chanted slogans, including "Misogyny has to go," and "The people united, will never be defeated."
        Five people were shot and injured in an area near the protest, but police said the shootings and the demonstration were unrelated.
        Back in New York, several groups of protesters caused massive gridlock as police mobilized to contain them under a light rain.
        They held signs that read "Trump Makes America Hate" and chanted "hey, hey, ho, ho Donald Trump has got to go." and "Impeach Trump."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0e0ee...ifornia-oregon
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          Has anyone in those protests called for results to be overturned or said they will not abide by them?
          Yep, pretty much.

Not unexpected though. The Left really hates giving up power once they have it.

Comment

It's kind of like the Superbowl or any other big event with people putting their feelings on the line:

I have a policy of giving everyone 48 hours to be butthurt. After that, you're just getting stupid.

Basically from November 10th to somewhere around February 20th (barring Trump doing something very drastic in his first couple of weeks), everyone should calm down, period. There's no reason to be suffering from either Fanboism or Trump Derangement Syndrome. Let the tone of his Presidency, the actual tone, not what a bunch of pundits (who were all dead wrong about the election, so what's that say about credibility) say it is start to show.

My predictions on Trump's 'tone' in his first month:

1) He'll have a diverse cabinet, both in makeup and in experience. Based on his acceptance speech I think he's going to be looking at Carson for Surgeon General....could be a good choice if he's going to focus on domestic stuff and revamping healthcare woes. I anticipate some unorthodox choices, probably from industry, and I'd say that the likely posts for them would be Treasury, Labor, Agriculture, and Interior. I'm forseeing a few Republican Party types, probably in HHS, Education, etc. The Defense Department will almost certainly see a former General looked at (maybe he should give Mattis a call?).

2) He's going to outline something domestic. Trump's an industry guy. He's going to let the Foreign side feel out a bit and delegate there until he feels comfortable. He's comfortable dealing with domestic business stuff though, so he'll be more likely to jump in. I anticipate an early release of his plans for revamping regulations and corporate taxes.....and probably personal taxes as well.

3) Obamacare. Whether it's a clean repeal or a push for Congress to develop a viable alternative that reforms our healthcare system without simply throwing money at all the broken parts, he's absolutely got to get a ball rolling. I'd anticipate some delegation, getting a joint committee together of Republicans and maybe a couple of Democrats that aren't fans of Obamacare anyway. But I can also see him trying to shove a straight repeal through, which he marginally would have the ability to do based on the layout of Congress and the performance of various bills lately.

4) Infrastructure. I don't see a wall in the cards for month one, or even year one. I do see a moderate amount of funding being cut loose as possible to get infrastructure projects underway. Modernizing our power grid would be both a Defense and a structural coup, and could be one that he could get started through both Democrats and Republicans.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

It is a little too late to get motivated and take part.

Assuming, of course, that the AP didn't misrepresent three winos and a bag lady for thousand of anti-Trump protesters....
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Yep, pretty much.

Not unexpected though. The Left really hates giving up power once they have it.
                Who and where? You could be well right as I have not been following the protest marches so may have missed it.
                "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

We have made a lot of progress on sexism and racism but apparently little progress on the importance of evidence and reason. Trump is so little interested in the issues that concern the protesters his form of sexism and racism is at worst totally benign. They simply can't stand being irrelevant.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Who and where? You could be well right as I have not been following the protest marches so may have missed it.

Lots of "Not my President" signs in those protests.

And, they're peaceful... NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                      We have made a lot of progress on sexism and racism but apparently little progress on the importance of evidence and reason. Trump is so little interested in the issues that concern the protesters his form of sexism and racism is at worst totally benign. They simply can't stand being irrelevant.
                      The Left, and logic and reason are two critters from different universes. When they collide the Left generally gets very, very angry.

Comment

The mob demands more bread and circus but Trump has promised jobs no wonder they are upset.

I see no road by which dependence on the state can be eliminated once it has become a multigenerational norm. The only humane path would take generations to reverse.

Trump is not a patient man nor are the protesters. We will have to wait for someone else to address the issue of social justice. The social justice activists will undoubtedly become increasingly agitated as Trump ignores them. Having other priorities does not make him racist or sexist but it will look that way to many observers.

Social justice is a goal that can never be reached. Close enough for now may seem callous but slow and steady is a reasonable approach. As far as I can tell there are no gross injustices that need immediate focus. Hopefully all boats will rise with the tide.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          CHICAGO (AP) The raw divisions exposed by the presidential race were on full display across America on Wednesday, as protesters flooded city streets to condemn Donald Trump's election in demonstrations that police said were mostly peaceful.
                          From New England to heartland cities like Kansas City and along the West Coast, many thousands of demonstrators carried flags and anti-Trump signs, disrupting traffic and declaring that they refused to accept Trump's triumph.
                          ... ... ....
                          They held signs that read "Trump Makes America Hate" and chanted "hey, hey, ho, ho Donald Trump has got to go." and "Impeach Trump."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0e0ee...ifornia-oregon
                          Proving the "Left" can only play their own game tune.

So much for coming together and uniting ....

Spoilt ...

Last edited by G David Bock; 10 Nov 16, 02:55.
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

There have been. In fact, there was a writer for the New York Daily News who tweeted out a series of tweets calling for people to organize and resist because they have 70 days before the election is confirmed.

All in all, these people would be better off demonstrating against the DNC. The Dems had a candidate who could have beaten Trump, a candidate who had populist appeal and could have tapped into the widespread resentment in the rustbelt states, but the DNC actively conspired against him in favor of the establishment candidate - and they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post

All in all, these people would be better off demonstrating against the DNC. The Dems had a candidate who could have beaten Trump, a candidate who had populist appeal and could have tapped into the widespread resentment in the rustbelt states, but the DNC actively conspired against him in favor of the establishment candidate - and they lost.
                              I so agree with the later, hildabeast lost them the election and the overt cheating that the dnc did kept their base at home. If you looked closely at her history you'll find a vindictive paranoid person...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X