Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh brother, can we dispense with the melodrama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    You mention both parties yet NO such thread was posted in Nov 08 nor Nov 12. Open season on the boards back then, yet now it really needs to be different......
    That is a funny statement considering I should be the one telling you that. My party has the supermajority and I'm saying both parties should work together and stop seeing each other as the orcish horde. When your party had the supermajority it was "shove everything through that we can". I happen to think that using a supermajority like a weapon is a bad thing no matter who does it.

And even I gave Obama a chance when he got elected. I was skeptical, but I didn't wish for his failure. Here's the simple reality. Obama didn't make the world end, Hillary wouldn't have made the world end, Trump isn't going to make the world end, so get out of the rut.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Here's a fun one for melodrama...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san...cid=spartandhp

A homeowner in SF put this flag up in protest of Trump... I kinda backfired...

Comment

Hardly "melodrama" when ten major cities are experiencing riots conducted by Clintonites, including Denver, and CNN refuses to cover it, HLN downplays it and only FOX is reporting it as it happens.

America is much worse than I thought it was thanks to eight year of Obama.

The election might be over, but the aftermath is much worse.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

That's cute. A bunch of latte-swillin', safe-emission-driving rednecks.
          -----------------
          Dam it Arnold you got me on the safe emission but I drink Folgers, black! You are full of **** and vinegar today!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
            That is a funny statement considering I should be the one telling you that. My party has the supermajority and I'm saying both parties should work together and stop seeing each other as the orcish horde. When your party had the supermajority it was "shove everything through that we can". I happen to think that using a supermajority like a weapon is a bad thing no matter who does it.
            Another example of why it would be a stupid idea to meet them halfway.
            Like they ever did?

It isn't going to stop, but it can be ignored; the propaganda war to make a Trump Presidency seem illegitimate... like anyone is going to listen.
            Pre-loaded anti-Trump stories and pre-written attacks on anything he will try to do. You can spot those thanks to the irrelevant passages within the stories.
            And the search for dirt on him and his family members. This might actually come up with something, Trump has not lived his entire life with a run for the Presidency in mind... but nothing will actually be relevant to anything and none of it will even approach the Clinton's pay-for-play routine that the same media has always tried to bury.
            So, food for Trolls, and nothing more.

Pity, my hope was that we would finally have a President that the press would hold accountable.
            Made-up baloney will really interfere with that hope.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Hardly "melodrama" when ten major cities are experiencing riots conducted by Clintonites, including Denver, and CNN refuses to cover it, HLN downplays it and only FOX is reporting it as it happens.

America is much worse than I thought it was thanks to eight year of Obama.

The election might be over, but the aftermath is much worse.
              Right now the majority of it is on or near very Leftist universities...

Comment

[QUOTE=The Exorcist;3285958]Another example of why it would be a stupid idea to meet them halfway.
                Like they ever did?
                QUOTE]

You cannot negotiate in good faith with immoral people. The DNP rigged their own convention-you cannot trust them an inch, and without trust, there is no chance of compromise.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

And Leftists like "Pocahontas" (aka Elizabeth Warren) are at it already...

"We will fight back against attacks on Latinos, African Americans, women, Muslims, immigrants, disabled Americans — on anyone," said Warren, who sparred frequently over Twitter with Trump and criticized him on the campaign trail in the weeks leading up to Tuesday's election. "Whether Donald Trump sits in a glass tower or sits in the White House, we will not give an inch on this, not now, not ever."
                  She said Trump had "encouraged a toxic stew of hatred and fear" and during the campaign "regularly made statements that undermined core values of our democracy."
                  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                    Riiight, which is why they're the 5th largest economy in the world
                    And trying hard to become the 8th largest...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X