Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh brother, can we dispense with the melodrama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh brother, can we dispense with the melodrama?

I was reading this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/a-letter...fter-election/

and honestly I couldn't help laughing. I can understand being disappointed but the hysteria over this is a little much. And I've been seeing stuff like this all over the net and even in the workplace. Now I can understand the election being a disappointment but we as a people really need to stop acting like the world ends when we lose an election. I've said before that the office of President isn't a dictatorship and that neither Clinton nor Trump could be as destructive as alarmists claim. All this crying is for nothing. You lost. I won't mock you for it but I will encourage you to be a little more adult about it. It's not the end of the world. There will be more elections and in the mean time you still have a voice. I for one would love unity so if you'll stop calling me a deplorable I would be happy to reach out because I'm getting tired of partisanship too. But you need to stop acting like the world ended, move past the anger, and meet us as equals. With mutual respect comes mutual progress.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

My freakin fellow Californians are squawking about seccession. Idiots!

Comment

Awesome! The US Army gets to invade and occupy California!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The human brain has been shrinking and other signs of neoteny increasing for thousands of years due to self domestication. At the same time IQ has been slowly increasing. What we are witnessing is the emergence of a highly intelligent juvenile form of human being. Think perpetual adolescence.

It should come as no surprise that the idealism normal associated with youth where emotions trump reason are extended through adult life. What appears to be hypocrisy is just the normal confusion of immature brains.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          Awesome! The US Army gets to invade and occupy California!

Pruitt
          Best to let the Mexican Cartels rape & pillage the place for a while, first.

No joke, you want them to greet you as liberators, not pull an ISIS on you.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I guess everyone forgot about Texans wanting to secede.

Personally I don't have a problem with it. Let people be governed the way they want.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

California can't generate enough electricity on its own. Or manage its economy. Nation-building in the land of granola would be a heavy investment.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                California can't generate enough electricity on its own. Or manage its economy. Nation-building in the land of granola would be a heavy investment.
                ------------
                Well we do have great wine and soon everywhere in Cali, Marijuana fields. Producing high grade herbals.

Comment

Yep....California is going to be get stoned and miss it all.....

(singing)
                  Now it took six monthgs of urgin,
                  Jus to git that local virgin,
                  With the sweet face,
                  Up to my place,
                  To fool around a bit.....

Maybe Hilary can forget New York and move Chelsea and Bill out to Callie to get a break from the flood of tears on the East Coast...

Hell, you might even elect her Governer!
                  My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                  GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                  Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                    Yep....California is going to be get stoned and miss it all.....
                    That's only partially correct... California is going to get more stoned... they already are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                      ------------
                      Well we do have great wine and soon everywhere in Cali, Marijuana fields. Producing high grade herbals.
                      You won't have that.....all it takes is cutting SoCal's access to water from the other states......if the DPRC stops at the border, then you're totally screwed, since you have an unsustainable population trying to make a liberal paradise in a bloody desert.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        You won't have that.....all it takes is cutting SoCal's access to water from the other states......if the DPRC stops at the border, then you're totally screwed, since you have an unsustainable population trying to make a liberal paradise in a bloody desert.
                        Plus without the electricity they're buying at a sizeable mark-up from other states, they couldn't pump the water they do get.

California is on life support. When the money runs out, the plugs get pulled. And they are relying on Federal charity for the money.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          --------------------
                          I live in the Santa Maria valley Pal, we have one of best underground tables of water in the world. True cali is hurtin and that's a shame but we doing just fine with water where I am. Best farming in the world takes place here and now we got another product to produce legally anyway. It was still being grown anyway.

Comment

wait to people in Califon not release that 40+% are not dems?
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                              --------------------
                              I live in the Santa Maria valley Pal, we have one of best underground tables of water in the world. True cali is hurtin and that's a shame but we doing just fine with water where I am. Best farming in the world takes place here and now we got another product to produce legally anyway. It was still being grown anyway.
                              Provided the lights stay on and your state doesn't go bankrupt.

Or they start pumping your water to the thirsty in LA.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X