Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACG North American Current Events prediction # one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the subsidies for solar and wind disappear, so will all the companies selling it*

* Void in California where reality does not apply.

Comment

EIGHT : he could start with purging the administration and abolish a lot of useless federal agencies .

As no one knows the number of federal agencies, the elimination of a lot of them will not attract attention .

But I have no illusions : when Reagan was elected, Newsweek (Time ? ) published a cartoon where the cowboy Reagan was going to Washington to clean up the mess .

And we know who won : it was not Reagan .

All will depend on the help Trump will have from Congress, and, as Congress is dominated by the enemies of Trump ........

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Ah, one of the number one guilty parties.
        Guilty of what, oh great wise one? ???
        John, I think your TDS has gone into overdrive ...
        So what unemployment number will we be tracking noe?
        I'm thinking you were meaning to use the word "now"?; not "noe"?

How about the 94 million unemployed? We you be posting about them in the future.
        Was posting this "number" long before it was on your 'radar', especialy back when you were chirpping the joys of Chairman Barry/BHO.

The new President might have a problem getting so 70 year olds jobs...
        Please review 8th grade grammar and re-write this sentence(?)/statement ...
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I predict they will suddenly remember that there is corruption in government and demand that Trump end it and hold him responsible for all such corruption.
          He won't be able to do much. It's to ingrained and runs to deep.

Can POTUS ban lobbyist?

Can POTUS ban PAC's?

Can he ban large donations from Business?

NO!!!!

Business as usual in DC.

No swamp drained just some new swamp rats in DC.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I think that particular issue (unemployment) will depend on what the Republicans and Trump administration do in regard to the economy and government benefits.

For example:

If they reduce or end many extended unemployment benefits employment will rise. People who can work but are now drawing unemployment will find jobs when their benefits evaporate. It happened with Welfare reform under Clinton the same way.

If the "Green energy" initiatives of Obama disappear and his war on coal ends expect employment to rise.

Regulatory roll back will make the economy pick up too.

So, we'll have to wait and see what the Republican move is on the economy.
            The coal price has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with economics. There is a massive supply side glut of energy coal at the moment so reopening more coal mines will simply shove the price down lower. Coal mines are closing because they can't make any damn money. the current blip in coal prices will disappear within a few months ad coal stocks on the China market start to build back up again. Don't follow the talk, follow the money.
            One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
            Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Ah, one of the number one guilty parties. So what unemployment number will we be tracking noe? How about the 94 million unemployed? We you be posting about them in the future. The new President might have a problem getting so 70 year olds jobs...
              Trump already has found at least one job for 70 year olds...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                Trump already has found at least one job for 70 year olds...
                True.

AND speaking of him getting a 'job' and to go along with the thread subject a NEW prediction.

Many members of the board will now completely FORGET about any cost of operating Air Force 1 and all the other expenses of a Traveling President.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
                  The coal price has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with economics. There is a massive supply side glut of energy coal at the moment so reopening more coal mines will simply shove the price down lower. Coal mines are closing because they can't make any damn money. the current blip in coal prices will disappear within a few months ad coal stocks on the China market start to build back up again. Don't follow the talk, follow the money.
                  The first thing that has to happen is a roll-back of the environmental regulations which made coal-fired power plants uneconomic. Then interference in the exportation of coal has to be eliminated. Then demand for coal will rise and prices will follow.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

True.

AND speaking of him getting a 'job' and to go along with the thread subject a NEW prediction.

Many members of the board will now completely FORGET about any cost of operating Air Force 1 and all the other expenses of a Traveling President.
                    Why would Trump accept a downgrade in his air travel?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Why would Trump accept a downgrade in his air travel?
                      I'm not saying HE should. He can't, no other way for President to travel, which was the entire point of my post. You missed it.

What I'm talking about, ONCE again, are a group of posters here and the right-wing media in general. They made a mini-industry complaining about it for 8 years. I love it when they reverse themselves like the internet has no memory.

Me, I'll not complain about his actual travel or vacations at all, it's SOP for all Presidents. So lets see if others here stick to THEIR principles. want to make a bet????
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
                        If coal fired power plants (a major US consumer of coal) were forced to close as Obama wants, that would be a major hit on demand. The same goes with West Coast states nixing shipment of coal overseas through their ports, something Obama didn't lift a finger to stop even though those states and cities really can't interfere with foreign trade as that is a federal issue.

In mining, demand and the price drive production. In most mined materials this is somewhat cyclic. The problem is when a mine shuts down entirely, it often is too expensive to start back up when prices rise again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X